What have i started

General Discussion
It's still in my opinion bad.

Now i like the return on touch, making defending a bit easier.

But Blizzard, oh Blazzard, why tf did you HAVE to add the "Restricted Abilities"?
Now D.va is completely useless in this gamemode. And every game has turned into "What team's Lucio can cap the other flag quicker?"

Just by removing this it would be way better. And if you want a nerf against it, then add a slowness effect to the wearer.

But untill it's changed, i won't be playing CTF
Actually D.va is quite powerful in this mode.
I like that he can't Amp It Up while carrying the flag, but I feel like he shouldn't be able to wallride either (or if you wanna go extra harsh, no speed boost period). Really annoying and pretty much impossible to catch a Lucio zipping along the outskirts of the map where no one but Pharah has a chance to shoot him down
02/08/2018 12:45 PMPosted by Kritzy
Now D.va is completely useless in this gamemode.

You know, other than being able to fly into the enemy flag carrier and dook on their faces with micromissles and primary fire as they cry.

Mobility characters are able to focus on returning the flag. They have the advantage there.
Do you have a link for subscribing to your diary or should I just check in the latest Good Housekeeping to see if it was published?

She is god tier in returing and defending. The "Restricted Abilities" is the best thing ever! You can play now almost every character and do it. You need to play as a team and not just solo in alone.

But untill it's changed, i won't be playing CTF

It is not going to change. Deal with it.
Mobility characters are flag hunters not flag bearers. Very simple adjustment to make.
I for one love "Restricted Abilities". It makes the game more tactical and you have to work as a team. You don't have the highly mobile heroes just running off alone and back capping then making back to the point in the blink of an eye. The mode is much more enjoyable now, for me at least.
As d.va, I normally try to protect the flag carriar / stall the enemy. ult so my team can take the flag helpful too, lol.
Hmm idk about dva being completely useless.. i just got 2 flag captures with her in my last game :]
This game mode is the most boring thing in this game.
Like holy molly.
New map is also crap btw.

But Blizzard, oh Blazzard, why tf did you HAVE to add the "Restricted Abilities"?

OH NO, It's not like she can nulify damage while running back, while launching missiles and being guarded by HER TEA.... wait...
It actually relys on teamwork now. I love it. I think it could actually be a qp/comp game mode now.
02/08/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Iustus
This game mode is the most boring thing in this game.
Like holy molly.
New map is also crap btw.
I’ll partially agree on the boring part considering Bastion Symm and Torb are in every game because mobility is useless.
Doesn't help that most players still won't go past the halfway mark, and just play deathmatch in midfield all game.

It's like they don't realise that the flag they run past at the beginning of the match isn't the only one in the game, and that they actually have to capture the other flag in order to win, not just try to keep the enemy away from the home one.
02/08/2018 12:59 PMPosted by Koopa
but now as heroes such as Genji and Lucio can instantly capture the flag and dash away

I think you didn't even touch the game....
Also, as soon as the enemy team got the flag for the last point, game is basically over already. Might as well end it earlier. It really needs some kind of comeback mechanic.
I think theys should just focus making it one flag but even then it will still be too easy to escape with it or it will be just base camping.
I think a better mode would have been something like this.

There is a certain point on the map where the flag will be, and you need to bring it back to your base.

Each team will have to race there and fight for it.

It would make for a lot more action and a lot less camping.

What if find that keeps happening is whenever someone gets one flag, the game is usually lost.