CTF and Lucio

General Discussion
The way the new CTF rules work. Lucio just how he works and his kit is over powered. No one can use their moving abilities. Yet Lucio is still capable of such since his speed ability is a passive. Either this needs to change and the flag needs to drop while even in his speed stance. Or he needs to be banned from the game mode all together in it's current setup. CTF is ruined as of right now.
The strat I've seen work most is Lucio+Roadhog+any other support.

Roadhog walks in and soaks up a ton of damage while being healed by a separate support, Lucio speed boosts hog when he has the flag and gets an easy cap.
Or just -20% speed while caring flag as lucio
The strategy i used was a Mercy and pocket Lucio giving him health. My placements went well and now that i'm diamond on CTF i see no use to play that comp mode again
I was a Moira with a Lucio and a D.Va once, and that worked well. Lucio can speed boost the D.Va, and the Moira can keep up with Fade and heal both the Lucio and D.Va. In between heals, the D.Va can turn around and use DM to block as she walks backwards.

Really, Lucio plus basically anyone works. Heck, I ushered a Junkrat back with the flag for a win.
They also need to make it so that your own flag is secure already, before you can plant the enemies down on your point for the win. Because stopping an enemy who already has your flag is still a little tough, once they already get halfway close to their own point (even with mobility being detrimental while carrying flag).

One more thing, Is that it would be great if a message popped up on screen reminding the carrier not to use mobility abilities (if they even have any) whenever they grab the flag. Too many people keep dropping the flag, not even realizing it, and they foolishly keep going back to base instead of going back to retrieve it. They need on-screen reminders of the new rules. Blizzard gave us the option (to make sure your flag must be secured, before you can plant down the enemy's flag) in custom matches, but no one can ever get an organized team for that.

Other than these issues, I LOVE the new CTF rules. Maybe one day CTF can become a part of Quickplay and maybe even the standard Competitive mode.
02/08/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Kagrenac
The strat I've seen work most is Lucio+Roadhog+any other support.

Roadhog walks in and soaks up a ton of damage while being healed by a separate support, Lucio speed boosts hog when he has the flag and gets an easy cap.
Yep. This is the CTF Meta. It's so strong that playing literally anything else is an instant loss. Zzzzzzz boring mode.
At first glance, it would seem that the best solution is for Blizzard to make Lucio cause the flag to drop if he has speed turned on, whether the flag carrier is himself, or the person carrying flag. But if the flag carrier is his teammate, we may get Lucios that troll their own teammates by causing the flag to be dropped from their own teammate. A solution for that could be to nullify any speed increase that the flag carrier would gain. In other words, the flag carrier (let's say it's Roadhog) would gain NO speed increases from Lucio while Roadhog is carrying the flag, but at least the Lucio and any other teammates in his green ring will continue to gain speed.
02/08/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Zeriu
The way the new CTF rules work. Lucio just how he works and his kit is over powered. No one can use their moving abilities. Yet Lucio is still capable of such since his speed ability is a passive. Either this needs to change and the flag needs to drop while even in his speed stance. Or he needs to be banned from the game mode all together in it's current setup. CTF is ruined as of right now.

I think the flag needs to drop when Lucio starts wallriding. it's not really his passive speedboost that's an issue. it's the fact that he can wallride and accumulate alot of speed that way. and since wallride isn't an active skill, but a passive one, it can still be used.
This mode is a joke, it was bad before but this takes the cake. Everything they touch in this game with "comp" gets ruined.
Why do I lose the flag when I teleport as Moira ? :/
02/11/2018 12:08 PMPosted by LostHuapo
Why do I lose the flag when I teleport as Moira ? :/

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761736983#1
They need a flag carrying animation where the characters are holding the flag and can't shoot or use abilities. Lucio definitely shouldn't be able to wall ride/boost with the flag. One good Lucio can win a match for his team single handily depending on the map.

Blizzard: You should make it so your flag has to be returned in order for you to score with the enemy flag. Also, 1 flag CTF could be fun on certain maps.

While I agree that Lucio is basically a must pick, the mode is anything but ruined. It's waaaaay better than the old borderline unplayable ctf

Why the new rules are good:
The new rules are good cause people stopped camping their own flagg. that brings much more dynamic in the game.

What is missing?
The maps. only the new map feels actually balanced. on other maps lucio can just wallride outside the map. The new map has a choke before the flagg. that means people have to get throw the choke and to get to the flagg. so you actually have to win a teamfight to get the flagg.
The other maps are more like: "hay try to get the flagg and run like a chicken"

Whats bad?
It's still way to easy to capture a flagg even if you don't have mobility skills. and getting 3 flaggs can sometimes just take a couple of minutes.

How to improve?
1. of all lucio shouldn't be able to wallride with the flagg or just dont get speed from doing this.
2. you have to capture more than just 3 flaggs or even unlimited und make it all timebased.
3. Maybe reduce the movement speed of the flagg holder by like 10%.
Just make him drop the flag whenever his speed track is enabled. They killed Tracer, why not another one?
I liked the mode as it was before. Was way more overwatch-esque with a point that has to be dominated for several seconds. Now lucio just hops is, insta-grabbes the flag and is away. You have to have way more base def as in the old mode.
THis and the fact he can wall ride OUTSIDE of some maps making him unreachable. This character on this mode is cheap. Can we at least get a answer from th devs????! Its been days that ppl are conplaining, the sooner the better, this mode has a expiration date