Arcade Leavers

General Discussion
Specifically in CTF. 3rd game in a row I've backfilled in the last 2 seconds of the match as the DEFEAT screen came up. It's not as if the queues are instant either, I've been waiting for 2-3 minutes just to not play.

I get it's arcade but come the hell on! Please tell me that at least the xp penalty applies for leaving arcade games early as well!
CTF is highly frustrating to play...expect a lot of leavers if your team doesn't pick the right heroes/doesn't know how to attack or defend.

The smart players leave first after they realize their team has no idea how to play this mode, then the bad players leave because they aren't going to get their free lootbox and don't want to waste 5 minutes. This weekend after most of the subpar players have their loot boxes you might get some good games in.
I honestly do not understand why people leave in the last minute of stuff. You lose all your work when you do that, on top of just being rude.
Sometimes I wish we can up the penalty on leaver like this.
02/09/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Abednigo
The smart players leave first after they realize their team has no idea how to play this mode, then the bad players leave because they aren't going to get their free lootbox and don't want to waste 5 minutes.

That not smart, that rude. You que up for the match, you should stay till the end.
People often go into CTF expecting an easy win for their lootboxes and then immediately leave if there is any sign that they are losing since it’s hard to recover. Always been the case with this mode.
I'm talking about people who leave literally as the other team is about to cap the last point. I can't even load in fast enough to see the match as it goes directly to the DEFEAT screen!
02/09/2018 07:42 AMPosted by jrg7777
I'm talking about people who leave literally as the other team is about to cap the last point. I can't even load in fast enough to see the match as it goes directly to the DEFEAT screen!
to be fair, most time this happen, your thrown right into the next match then too.
The penalty is still there, same as QP.
02/09/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Matsy
The penalty is still there, same as QP.
lost of xp not really a pentailty, seeing how people will leave, losing out on xp they already earn.
02/09/2018 07:32 AMPosted by TJgalon
I honestly do not understand why people leave in the last minute of stuff. You lose all your work when you do that, on top of just being rude.
Sometimes I wish we can up the penalty on leaver like this.

The XP disparity between winning and losing induces rage quit. That one minute could be spent getting into a different game with a chance of winning. Being down a player due to rage quit sucks but so does going into a losing game.
I don't know the population numbers, but at least on console, the queue times have been long. And the old one used to be within like 30 seconds and now it's a couple of minutes. And when I do queue in, a lot of times its as backfill. Or I face the same exact team over and over even though I leave at select your hero. (I generally don't leave mid-match).

And I can't help but feel it's because of Roadhog, Genji and Lucio, especially Lucio. There is so little you can do to stop them from at the very least getting the flag to a point where the enemy team can death chain spam until they inch it back to their base. Which is another major issue with the game mode.

It used to be my favorite game mode, and in matches without a ton of cheese, the fast paced new rule set is some of the most fun I've had in Overwatch in ages. But those matches are few and far between and I'm getting sick of Capture the Lucio. I can't help but feel that other people are leaving more because they feel the same way.