Well... Today is the day...

General Discussion
Those 5 weeks went by so fast and it was an awesome ride. The Overwatch League stood tall and knocked down people's concern one after the other.

-Any intrest for the OWL?
Plenty.

-Fun to watch?
Absolutely.

-Will it retain its popularity?
Clearly. The Twitch numbers range from 70k to 135k depending on the matchup.

-Will the OWL contain parity?
Well... One All Korean team and the overwhelming favorite coming into Stage 1, the Seoul Dynasty, not only isn't the Top Dog... they have been eliminated from the stage 1 playoffs. Not only that... the second of the three all Korean terms... the London Spitfire... has a real chance of missing the playoffs as well. So.. Parity? Yes sir.

Stage 1 has been a blast and Stage 2 looks to be even more amazing than Stage 1. Enjoy yourselves my Overwatch League fans.
Before OWL I had no interest in pro play, but seeing the underdogs fighting hard and the change from 0-4watch in Week 1 to the even matchups now has drawn me in.
I still have zero interest in OWL. I watched it for a bit the first few days, but quickly lost interest. It's the same teams winning with the same setups. They're often complete mirror matches with the same exact heroes on each team.

Maybe if there's a meta mix up where more than Winston, D.Va, Mercy, Zen, Genji, and Tracer are viable in OWL, I'll give it another chance.
I was watching one match and then I scratched my head and wondered why wouldn’t I just go play a few myself?
02/10/2018 10:48 AMPosted by Eck
I still have zero interest in OWL. I watched it for a bit the first few days, but quickly lost interest. It's the same teams winning with the same setups. They're often complete mirror matches with the same exact heroes on each team.

This.

Plus, i don't care seeing some (not all, luckily) childish people that think that you can make your life and be superior because you're good in videogame.
Your delusional OWL is trash. Those numbers are a measure of success for smaller titles in e-sports, not for the behemoth of a game that was Overwatch.

Maybe if there's a meta mix up where more than Winston, D.Va, Mercy, Zen, Genji, and Tracer are viable in OWL, I'll give it another chance.

That is the most popular comp but there is FEW mirror matches that are that exact comp. You should watch it more. Plenty of heroes and comps make appearances.

Stage 2 will be a huge change up in the Meta
Oh I'm invested alright. And have stayed up to 6am cus valiant was laying the smack down on spitfire! I even watch the shanghai dragons cus i wanna see them at least won one set!

And yea today hopfully we will NOT see a non all korean finals....... I'm hoping.
02/10/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Fuutony89
Your delusional OWL is trash. Those numbers are a measure of success for smaller titles in e-sports, not for the behemoth of a game that was Overwatch.

Umm... You do realize that the OWL just started right? What are you trying to compare it to? DOTA which has been established for years in the Esports scene? That wouldn't be a fair comparison.
I think the map pools need to be changed more often than every stage, as it has gotten repetitive, if teams could select maps it would be so much more interesting to watch. Otherwise it has been a blast to watch.
I used to watch OWL, but the unprofessional behavior of the league, players and coaches have turned me away.

Though if Geguri has been signed to an OWL team, I will watch her matches.
Normally, id care less about If OWL went well or into the crapper, but I perceive a total neglect of the general player base and the state of the game leading up to and during OWL.

It seemed like OWL took a huge chunk of time from the dev team. The past few days on the forums with dev insight (especially with things they've tried that are not working and updates on how the devs feel things are going)have been awesome and reassuring now that maybe they have more time to deal with the actual game and not OWL.

It seems like from blizzcon until now its just been dead air with no reassurance to the community that anything is being done to balance anything.

OWL is not my thing. Good on you if it is, but it seems like any balances were put on hold for about 2 months or so(seriously, how long are ptr changes usually up compared to that mercy and doomfist changes?)

I hope they handle things better during the next OWL season.
I just find it a bit funny they decided to use team names associated mostly with states. Well played.

League skins? Waste of time and not interested. They need to focus more on the future of their game, making it better, and less on league.
To those saying it's always mirror matches... Tune in. The first map of the first match isn't a mirror match. Lol

https://www.twitch.tv/overwatchleague
I'm all for it, we've seen some interesting team comps come out of the matches. I don't know why people all complain about mirror matches bcuz usually that's how it has been on ladder but whatever I digress.

I'm happy an excited throughout the OWL matches, some were disappointing an some were plain nail biters.
02/10/2018 10:59 AMPosted by squirrelws
Oh I'm invested alright. And have stayed up to 6am cus valiant was laying the smack down on spitfire! I even watch the shanghai dragons cus i wanna see them at least won one set!

And yea today hopfully we will NOT see a non all korean finals....... I'm hoping.

Well... sorry to break it to you but NYXL is the #1 spot of Stage 1 no matter what they're already in for stage 1 finals waiting to fight whoever is the winner of the playoffs tomorrow
02/10/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Putty
02/10/2018 10:59 AMPosted by squirrelws

Well... sorry to break it to you but NYXL is the #1 spot of Stage 1 no matter what they're already in for stage 1 finals waiting to fight whoever is the winner of the playoffs tomorrow

NYXL is only half of the finals. If the Outlaws make it then it's not an all korean finals
I'm glad people enjoy it, but I personally cannot stand watching the bore fest that is the OWL. If I'm going to waste several hours on Overwatch, it's going to be playing it not watching it.
I didn't watch a single game. The only thing I found interesting about the League was hearing about how its players couldn't keep themselves out of trouble.
It's the same teams winning with the same setups. They're often complete mirror matches with the same exact heroes on each team.

And here you just proved that you maybe watched 1 or 2 games.