Can we lock comp to need mics?

Competitive Discussion
02/10/2018 06:54 PMPosted by Haresay
Don't put on a fake midwestern accent, I garuntee you

When you are so desperate to not hear the n-word one day and you are willing to try anything...

Doubt that you have ever encountered a 10 year old girl playing mercy and heard them become sexually abused over mic

Happened the second game in on comp yesterday. This was an actual example and really happened. I couldn't even make something like that up. She might have been older than 10 with a child-like voice, however. No one told the two guys (grouped by the way) to shut up. I wrote, "come on, guys, let's be nice" in chat. They left game a few minutes later and we 4v6 to a loss. This isn't common, but it ain't rare either.

I'm not going to believe you Because no one pulls out the victim card that fast if they are being honest

It's just super common and I openly talk about it often. It's not so much the victim card as the reality card.

no one says 'boys will be boys' about that kind of !@#$

About the mid 70s this was a thing and referred to what I'm talking about and worse. That scares me a bit to be honest. I'm glad society has moved on and good for you having a good relationship like that with your friends. We all joke around. It's good comradery.

Because that's the Entire point of insulting someone you don't like, calling them an N-word. and if someone is going to say it to you over the internet. They would likely say it to you to your face. Because one, if you fly off the handle and attack them.

Ah, we do live in the same reality, right? People say all kinds of things on the internet that they can't say in real life. That's the purpose of the internet. This is free speech and free speech means freedom to engage in hate speech. To be honest, the first time I get the n-word is cool. No issue. The 10th time is kinda challenging. When you have European guy - Americans have more common sense about this - screaming it over and over and then his friends get into it and start and then you turn off voice chat, but the rhythmic chanting of the n-word just won't stop echoing in your mind because it wasn't just 1 minute, not just 2 minutes, but 3 minutes where you asked them to stop because you were tilted after the 15th time they called you that... Okay, so maybe that word is kinda not controlling me so much as the billion times I was called it. Oh, and that actually happened too. I cut off voice and then they started on chat. The game lasted nearly 20 minutes. I just stood there and jumped in place. What else could I do? Leave and lose 50SR? Lol. Then they really would have won.

Edit: Also, you say that the "word for being gay that starts with F" is cool with you. How would you feel if someone began making personal comments on your sexuality and owned you over it? How would you feel if other players got in on it and ganged up on you and took it to extremes where they were describing what they would do to your family because of your sexuality? I know you'd say, "Block, silence, fight back", but what if Blizzard's match maker sent you back in with them and they kept on from moment one and you left and got suspended for 8 minutes and had to sit there thinking about why this world is punishing you for being a homosexual and feeling powerless because guess what match maker wants to put one final nail in your coffin and one of the guys who you forgot to block starts in on you in your next match. Of course, you silence them, but the damage is done. Time to take a break. Time to play another game. Time to not think about it.

Not everyone is as strong as you and that's what people tend to forget. People forget that there are fragile human beings who don't have the coping skills to deal with toxicity in a video game. People forget that some kids (and we all know that they play even though the game is rated for teens) don't have the life experience to be called that f-word you glorify with your mates in the heat of shared comradery. Not everyone has the mental fortitude or health to handle being singled out for having a feminine voice and being called that when they have two kids and a baby on the way. Not everyone is as strong as that.

I applaud you on your strength. Now take it a step further, drop your "toxicity is fine and harden up" argument and realize that the strong needs to defend the weak. We need to protect our weak links - not tell them to "Man up, soldier. It's only an insult." LOL. This might be the internet, but what you do online and allow online is what you become in real life. If you stand strong, protect the weak and act as you'd like others too... Well, they have a word for that: Hero.

We play heroes, but we act like villains. Go figure.
02/10/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Thisismy193

Ah, we do live in the same reality, right? People say all kinds of things on the internet that they can't say in real life. That's the purpose of the internet. This is free speech and free speech means freedom to engage in hate speech. To be honest, the first time I get the n-word is cool. No issue. The 10th time is kinda challenging. When you have European guy - Americans have more common sense about this - screaming it over and over and then his friends get into it and start and then you turn off voice chat, but the rhythmic chanting of the n-word just won't stop echoing in your mind because it wasn't just 1 minute, not just 2 minutes, but 3 minutes where you asked them to stop because you were tilted after the 15th time they called you that... Okay, so maybe that word is kinda not controlling me so much as the billion times I was called it. Oh, and that actually happened too. I cut off voice and then they started on chat. The game lasted nearly 20 minutes. I just stood there and jumped in place. What else could I do? Leave and lose 50SR? Lol. Then they really would have won.

Ok we clearly don't because you would've known that there's Actually no hatespeech laws in the united states. The last supreme court rules that there was no such thing as hate speech.
Again, like I said, if everytime A white guy or group of white guys starts chanting the N-word, and you hear it in your mind echoing over and over, You should seriously Seek help.

I don't become enraged when someone calls me a Donkey constantly for being irish, no one calls me me Mic, or Leprecon. I don't get called Paddy, I don't get called Spud, Only my father used to call me Tator Tot. And no one calls me Wic. I've been acually called Sheep shagger when I tell folks I'm part welsh. and I've never been openly insulted for being part Scandinavian, in all of the countries I've gone to.

Maybe it's because I'm huwite. But I never get called F***** and I garuntee you none of the above slurs for irish are going to be bleeped out as if I Said the N word.
don't even say 'it's because the irish are white'. Because as far as most people are concerned the irish and jewish aren't white. But the thing is I've been only called the N-word on a handful of occasions by people who are clearly and openly racist. And I mean, they were crazy conspiracy theorist racists, like atlantis existed crazy kinda of folks.

And I've only been called 'Whitey' On the rarest of occasions, and I live in the main part of my city.

If you're upset because people can actually Say any words they want learn to say words back. It's not difficult. If you think you can't insult the huwite racist guy? Call him a N***** because if he's honestly racist, being called a N***** will piss him off.

Edit: IF someone started coming after me and bullying me for my sexuality, I'd honestly CRANK IT UP TO ELEVEN. If it bothers them to the point that they are having to comment about it. Then Me being even -more outwardly flaming homosexual- So inherently Flaming that A pink flamingo that's been dunked in gasoline wouldn't be no where near as hot to handle as me, will piss them off.

You know what I do? When someone pisses me off? I reque immediately, trying to get them again, but on the enemy team. I then play my best and hardest. I do my best to focus them down. Or get them focused down by my team. Pick zenyata, discord orb the %*!**#!# with the mouth. Suddenly it's not so funny when he's being focused on.

If you get them again, Grin, out perform them. If it's messing with you so much then use that as a reason to get better. They wanna act like they are superior? Better yourself, get so good that when they go to call you a "n" you can happily grin, "N" with all the golds. Shuts 'em up right quick. If they decide to start slurring and screaming their heads off you win in the end. You're names on the board their isn't they can sit and spin on it.

The strong don't only need to defend the weak. The strong stand tall so that others have the space to stand themselves. It's not about one person having the strength to shield others. But one person having the strength to allow others to grow and preform. Be the change you want to see in others. Atlas alone is crushed by the world. But no one suffers alone. Put your back into it. When one persons trudging through insults and carving a path with their head heald high. Not letting the world bother them. Follow in their footsteps. Walk that path That he has walked. Because there will always be a time when the strong lose their strength. When someone needs to be there to step infront of them, to give them a chance to stand back up.
Doesn't all that encourage toxicity rather than reduce it? You can't fight fire with fire because all you get is a bigger fire. In OW you can't even fight fire with water because that just encourages it.

What you have going on is way out of my league, man. People actually call other people potatoes and that's offensive? I'm not culturally attuned enough for that kind of thing.

Worst thing, man, is that it's not white guys that do it most times. It's white kids, black kids, asian kids and all forms of adults. I don't think racism has boundaries.

Oh, and you've never had some kind of abuse at work or from the pub or from the street sit in your mind? You must play a lot of Zendatta because you at peace. LOL.

Hate speech might not be illegal here, but it's still bad. These people need more church because they aren't respecting Jesus or no one with that kinda filth coming out of their mouths. They are going to hell one word at a time. If they would only accept our Lord, our savior, and come into the arms of God...

Okay, now I'm trolling. =)

Edit: I note you play Moira a lot. How do you feel about her characterization? Her accent and her demonicness. She sounds like someone you might expect in the IRA, or at least that's what the movies tell us. I don't know much about all that, but I'd imagine there are a few ticked off Irish people out there cause Moira be the poster child for the IRA, right?
02/10/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Thisismy193

Edit: I note you play Moira a lot. How do you feel about her characterization? Her accent and her demonicness. She sounds like someone you might expect in the IRA, or at least that's what the movies tell us. I don't know much about all that, but I'd imagine there are a few ticked off Irish people out there cause Moira be the poster child for the IRA, right?

I'm more surprised that they did the Irish accent well at all. And Irish will always be irritated at something, if the character is from north ireland southerners will get mad, if she's from south ireland north irish will get mad. Also I'm not surprised she sounds like a terrorist. She is infact A terrorist. She's a member of Talon, and not just an average member, but a 'mad scientist' type at that. I think the mask she wears over one eye looks stupid personally. but it's just my personal taste on her outfit. I'm actually flattered by the accent more than anything else. I think they stuck her general accent well.

but what they really need is a big strong Irish man in the line up, A pastor perhaps, with high DPS and blessed throwing knives. A Rich hearty voice, and the love of God in his heart. I dunno they could always name him... Father Anderson. Pft, have fun with life. It's the point of life and the game. Enjoy it.
It's back on page 1. If you felt like giving it a shot, Haresay.