Lucio Adjustments Necessary for CTF

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
02/12/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're patching Lúcio very soon.

He will drop the flag on wall ride.

Patch will most likely hit Tuesday (pacific time) on PC and Wednesday/Thurs (pacific) for Console (we have to get the patch through certification -- that's why there is a difference in release time -- sorry).

Not only is his speed unreasonably fast with the boost from Wall Ride but he can also get to places that are very difficult to defend against.

That was quick. Thank you. New CTF is amazing btw. Good Job.
Just a reminder:

Console certification is out of our hands. The Wed/Thurs is a best case scenario and if we get stuck in cert it will take longer to go live. Please manage expectations accordingly...
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Love u Jeff
(we have to get the patch through certification -- that's why there is a difference in release time -- sorry).

"Go on...I can wait."

I think Ana's quote fits into my genuine reaction in regards to this, so please don't take it sarcastically, 'cuz it's not. I just like using hero voice lines ^^

Thanks for the info!
02/12/2018 06:06 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Just a reminder:

Console certification is out of our hands. The Wed/Thurs is a best case scenario and if we get stuck in cert it will take longer to go live. Please manage expectations accordingly...

There's always other game modes to play in the mean time, that's what I'll be doing on console until the patch hits.
Just a reminder:

"Please be hyped responsibly."

Patch will most likely hit Tuesday (pacific time) on PC and Wednesday/Thurs (pacific) for Console (we have to get the patch through certification -- that's why there is a difference in release time -- sorry).

Not only is his speed unreasonably fast with the boost from Wall Ride but he can also get to places that are very difficult to defend against.

Should be reevaluated for the entire game not just CTF
02/12/2018 06:11 PMPosted by TheRoseEXP

Should be reevaluated for the entire game not just CTF

The rest of the game doesn't stop you from using movement abilities to play the objective.
I would also like to see wall climbing having the same restriction for gameplay and logic reasons, but the Lucio nerf is great.
Good, only reason I haven’t even finished my placements. Glad to see this happening.
what about genji and hanzo wall climb and double jump?
02/12/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Froilen

This is my other nitpick.

Doomfist can't even uppercut with the flag, but Genji and Hanzo can wall climb which has even more vertical mobility.

Thank you for addressing this. This new CTF was live maybe 15 minutes and literally the first game I got in and every game since a Lucio was dominating.

It ruined the event for me. Maybe I'll give it another chance now.
02/12/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Renegade
Good, only reason I haven’t even finished my placements. Glad to see this happening.

When i tried the new CTF I seen how OP Lucio is in there and made the choice not to do any CTF placements until he was nerfed in there. I'll be doing my placements after the patch hits.

what about crossfade speed? Your patch notes say its restricted!

At Long Last.
02/12/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Froilen

Doesn't give them momentum or get them any closer to their base distance wise as it's purely vertical movement. They're also incredibly easy to deal with in CTF.

Jeff... I love you for this, thank you so much.
Just a reminder:

Out of curiosity, is there a reason why PC almost always has to wait for console cert? Is it just so everyone is always on the same page or is it a technical reason?