Lucio Adjustments Necessary for CTF

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
02/12/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Skrimiche
02/12/2018 06:22 PMPosted by AdunSaveMe
...Out of curiosity, is there a reason why PC almost always has to wait for console cert? Is it just so everyone is always on the same page or is it a technical reason?

Sony and Microsoft are butts is my guess.
Yeah, no. Sony and Microsoft don't dictate what developers do on other platforms. Which is why other games can push updates to PC before console, like Warframe.
02/12/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're patching Lúcio very soon.

He will drop the flag on wall ride.

Patch will most likely hit Tuesday (pacific time) on PC and Wednesday/Thurs (pacific) for Console (we have to get the patch through certification -- that's why there is a difference in release time -- sorry).

Not only is his speed unreasonably fast with the boost from Wall Ride but he can also get to places that are very difficult to defend against.

Now what about Genji double jump and wall climb?
I can see wall climb making hanzo and genji drop the flag because it allows them to reach places others cant but double jump not so much without wall climb. The main reason lucios wall ride is getting nerfed is the speed boost that comes with it, wall climb doesnt provide that so its unlikely it will be nerfed too
02/12/2018 05:59 PMPosted by Chaseface
Dang Papa Jeff laying it out. I will finally rank in that mode now. Been waiting for this to change.
LOL, both teams have a lucio, so his balance wont affect your rank potential. haha.
02/12/2018 07:05 PMPosted by BigProf

Patch will most likely hit Tuesday (pacific time) on PC and Wednesday/Thurs (pacific) for Console (we have to get the patch through certification -- that's why there is a difference in release time -- sorry).

Not only is his speed unreasonably fast with the boost from Wall Ride but he can also get to places that are very difficult to defend against.

Now what about Genji double jump and wall climb?
If they are going vertical, they are not going towards the base. So that is a good thing.

This should have been readily apparent from the start though...
^^^ i like this person's logic

EDIT: no not his logic (still good) the guy above him lol
02/12/2018 06:20 PMPosted by Chiana
02/12/2018 06:14 PMPosted by Froilen
what about genji and hanzo wall climb and double jump?

Doesn't give them momentum or get them any closer to their base distance wise as it's purely vertical movement. They're also incredibly easy to deal with in CTF.

It does make them (well Genji mostly) able to climb up to evade fire, slowing your ability to chase them down by a lot. Combine that with Genji already running faster, and it makes it very easy to get the flag out the door. Once it's out in the open, it's easier for the attackers to cap, because even though at that point he's probably gonna die, they can grab the flag instantly while defenders must take four seconds, enabling the attackers to death chain the flag to their base inch by inch.

It can get pretty frustrating.

Sure it my experience it only delays Genji death by a lil bit, but it also makes it too easy for him to reposition the flag in a space favorable for his team.

Hey sorry you were late to the party, but didn't anyone at Blizzard test this out prior to launching another CTF event?
02/12/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Xen

Hey sorry you were late to the party, but didn't anyone at Blizzard test this out prior to launching another CTF event?

It's unreasonable for the devs to be able to playtest everything. A while back they revealed that their "high elo" playtest team was composed of a dozen masters and GM players... i.e. devs are too busy working on the game to actually rank up and strategise.

Now what they *should* do, is hire a dedicated playtest team composed of rotating free agents and an analyst or two that is neutral and highly skilled--and use that team for high level balance and gameplay tests in the future.
I would like to know if this is cheating?

I played 5 Comp CtF games today and in every one of them, I watched a Lucio grab the flag, Speed Boost, and cap the flag all without ever dropping the flag.

I thought that any sort of movement ability was supposed to make them drop the flag, because I certainly didn't see this happening with these players of Lucio.
02/12/2018 07:24 PMPosted by REDACTED

This should have been readily apparent from the start though...

This right here, spot on.
I wish I had read this before I did my placements. Lucio was in every single match on both sides and was abusing the heck out of this loophole. It was frustrating to see my team pick 3 Defense heroes, only to witness as they repeatedly failed to defend the point from a Lucio who sped away with speed boost enabled and jumped off of every surface for the extra boost.

Now that my placements were spoiled with repeated leavers and what appeared to be one or two throwers, I will likely not return back to the mode, but I appreciate that the problem is being solved for others.
Maybe force him to go into healing song upon picking up the flag as well?

Cool, what about genji, hanzo, McCree and pharah?
02/11/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Candi
My favorite part of all these posts are that, as the mode stands now, Lucio mains, who have been dumped on for the past 6 months, can just style everyone in this mode and people are po'd, lol. It's an arcade mode, people are having fun.
I agree, same thing with symmetra and torb.
02/12/2018 05:58 PMPosted by Lee

Thank the gods

not god, jeff
I kind of wish he wouldn't. Not that he should be able to wallride with the flag, but rather instead of having him drop the flag during Wallride, that wallride is disabled while he's holding the flag.

But, hey, I also think abilities shouldn't cause you to drop the flag, rather the flag should lock the abilities out and that we were given a "drop flag" key.
Can you reset the placements then? Got wrecked by wall riding lucios almost every game