Lucio Adjustments Necessary for CTF

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next
Speed buffs should not effect the flag carrier.
I completely understand way this is happening but could speedy Lucio still be available for custom ctf games? I was having a lot of fun with him!!

Honestly I would have just preferred a speed cap on the wallride, as fun as it is to speed away, it was really useful for getting up and out of the capture room in unusual ways same as say Genji wall climbing out.
And it is such a reflex action to wallride as Lucio!!! A little part of me is going to die every time a drop the flag cause I dared look at a wall.
02/12/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We're patching Lúcio very soon.

He will drop the flag on wall ride.

Patch will most likely hit Tuesday (pacific time) on PC and Wednesday/Thurs (pacific) for Console (we have to get the patch through certification -- that's why there is a difference in release time -- sorry).

Not only is his speed unreasonably fast with the boost from Wall Ride but he can also get to places that are very difficult to defend against.
About time.... really how did this get past testing?
02/13/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Acanarina

Patch will most likely hit Tuesday (pacific time) on PC and Wednesday/Thurs (pacific) for Console (we have to get the patch through certification -- that's why there is a difference in release time -- sorry).

Not only is his speed unreasonably fast with the boost from Wall Ride but he can also get to places that are very difficult to defend against.
About time.... really how did this get past testing?

No idea. Maybe all the internal lucio players are terrible.

As a lucio player it will be missed. It was a lot of fun, even if it was stupidly unfair.
On further thought, rather than forcing Lucio's wallride to drop the flag, which is a bit wonky since it is a passive ability, what about adding a 1 second pickup time for the flag? The flag return mechanic feels so odd since the enemy team can pick it up effortlessly, yet the returning team has to wait for an eternity to pick it up, so this would help counterbalance that wonky feeling as well as reduce Lucio's agility advantage slightly.
What's the point of all these characters having all of these interesting abilities if they're not allowed to use them? This would be like Pilots in Titanfall not being able to use their grappling hooks, stim boost, or getting onto or into Titans.
For folks worried, you're still going to want a Lucio in CTF for speed boost and peeling for the flag carrier. He's still going to be a boss and keeping the enemy off whoever's running the flag.

Albeit fun, letting him wallride with it was questionable. Newer maps favor slippery Lucios.
As someone who "mains" Lucio in CTF.

Wall riding
If this drops the flag, so too should Hanzo or Genji wall climbing, Genji double jumping, or Pharah using her jet pack flight *at all* (which can still be speed booped by a close concussion blast).

Rather than drop the flag, simply remove the speed increase from wall hopping. He will be limited to the same speed, regardless of what surface he's on, as he would be skating on the ground.

Cross Fade/Speed Amp
If anyone doesn't know, if you "amp it up" while speed boosted, it will drop the flag.

Speed boosting the flag carrier
This is a strategy I use. However, I am going to be making a separate point about how this actually hurts Lucio players' SR gains. You don't get "fire" points for speed boosting, you won't be healing as much, and you are less focused on damage, while at the same time you are working closely with teammates, providing essential support, and improving win chances. However, if you win, you get less SR, and if you lose, you lose more SR. I played for 4 hours doing tandem hog/lucio. My roadhog friend rose 200SR while I fell 200SR and we had the same win rate. Roadhog's flag captures and self-heals were enough to keep him on fire the whole game while I was almost never on fire unless I had a really good boop.

-----

Overall, I think the game mode is much improved over last year but still needs tweaks. But as much as the game mode needs tweaking, Blizzard needs to take a serious look at how they translate the normal comp SR system to CTF comp. As it stands now, it punishes teamwork based on the strategy and not the results and it creates a disincentive to play supports (an issue which was already present before but is made worse in CTF).
at least soldier can run him down now

Well, then. Looks like my competitive CTF rank is staying where it is. Its so boring when all you can do is walk in a direction.

so if lucio loses it on wallride, pharra should lose it when she flies
02/13/2018 10:12 AMPosted by Maksyx

so if lucio loses it on wallride, pharra should lose it when she flies

Not just pharah. Genji and Hanzo should lose it when they wall-climb as well, as those are active movement abilities as well, just like Wall-ride and Speed based AMP. Either all movement abilities are okay or none of them are.
patch went through.

Only non-bug change:

Lúcio
Wall Ride
Activating Wall Ride will now cause the flag to drop during Capture the Flag matches

--

genji, pharah, hanzo can all use their unique, passive movement abilities with the flag while lucio cannot use his passive while wall riding.

Blizzard got this all wrong.
so if lucio jumps at all next to a wall he will drop it even if he didn't want to wall ride.

rip
yeet love how u guys are so active these days
Thanks for yet again taking away the fun that is lucio because some people can't aim at a lucio who took the time to practice and learn how to wall ride. Might as well just remove wall riding from the game because ever since you nerfed his aura range it's hardly even worth wall riding during team fights
02/13/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Modisch
patch went through.

Only non-bug change:

Lúcio
Wall Ride
Activating Wall Ride will now cause the flag to drop during Capture the Flag matches

--

genji, pharah, hanzo can all use their unique, passive movement abilities with the flag while lucio cannot use his passive while wall riding.

it's because blizzard favors dps over supports
This is Unbelievable.

Building a DEFENSE in CTF will stop Lucio from capping any flag.
Doing this to Lucio is unnecessary and just ridiculous. now hes PLASTERED to the floor and completely USELESS.

Great job Blizz.

Ill be uninstalling if the something isnt done about making him a better support when Uprising comes back. Im sick and tired of this hate he's receiving.
02/13/2018 11:50 AMPosted by Zolicon
02/13/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Modisch
patch went through.

Only non-bug change:

Lúcio
Wall Ride

--

it's because blizzard favors dps over supports

none of the abilities genji, pharah or hanzo can use increase their movement speed either. it just gives vertical mobility. why is that so bad?
02/13/2018 11:50 AMPosted by snoogins420
Thanks for yet again taking away the fun that is lucio because some people can't aim at a lucio who took the time to practice and learn how to wall ride. Might as well just remove wall riding from the game because ever since you nerfed his aura range it's hardly even worth wall riding during team fights

THIS RIGHT HERE.

This community RUINS this game.

You all lived with Mercy in this game for MONTHS, CTF comes out AGAIN and it takes a WEEK for Lucio to get nerfed.

Theres literally NO REASON to play him now in CTF or for that matter AT ALL.