In Your Opinion: Are Genji and Tracer Fun to Play Against?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 10 Next
Yes, I enjoy the challenge. I play both and am familiar with the matchup on all the characters I play, so it comes down to skill. And as an Ana/Zen main, I'll disengage if needed but I loooove hunting down flankers and snipers.

Dive tanks and riptires are far more annoying.
Genji, no. Tracer, acceptable
They're not fun to play against, but that's the nature of being a mobility-based class. Whether they're weak or strong, there is no way that a character built around striking you from behind and killing you before you can react is not going to be incredibly frustrating to play against, and I don't think it means they need to be changed.
Unlike most heroes, neither Genji nor Tracer has a hard counter.
So yeah, they are not fun to play against.
They take more effort to kill than they have to exert to kill you.
I don't particular enjoy fighting tracer,but at least Genji makes funny death sounds.

They sure are fun to succ as Moira though.
02/11/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Metaspy
Unlike most heroes, neither Genji nor Tracer has a hard counter.
So yeah, they are not fun to play against.
Genji is countered pretty heavily by Moira, and both of them are going to be absolutely wrecked by Sombra when she gets her buffs, so that won't be true for much longer.
Mercy Main Pre-Rework (also do tank).
I was being targeted by a Tracer running across the bridge straight at me on Rout 66, with me being alone running back from spawn. I pulled out my pop-gun and by shear luck got 3 head-shots on her when she sprinted forward and face-planted herself on my 4th shot (making that 4 head-shots) killing her. The rest of the match she singled me out, never allowing me to even once hit her again, killing me off time after time. So yeah, VERY annoyed with Tracers.
Course, nothing is worst than being solo ulted by a Genji as any hero...
I like playing Genji. Do I like fighting him? With certain characters yeah. Some people suck against him though. Playing zen against genji is fml.
Mercy mains will ruin this game
Tracer? She's infuriating, but that's not really her fault, given that the heroes that are supposed to counter her...don't. It takes a truly great McCree to consistently deal with even an average Tracer.

Tracer has clearly-defined strengths and weaknesses, but the problem is that it is difficult for the current roster of heroes to take advantage of those weaknesses.

Genji, on the other hand, posses the single most powerful basic ability in the game in his Deflect, and until that changes, he will be the leading cause of hair loss in Overwatch players.

He's not OP, he just isn't any fun to play against.
What hero is fun to play against? None really are
I have no problems combating a Genji other than his massive Deflection hitbox.

I can reliably play over half of the roster, but it seems like all of those heroes have issues against a good Tracer, because most of them are projectile-based. I play on console, so that certainly does not help either.
02/11/2018 08:50 AMPosted by xavvypls
With the discussions on how much fun a hero is to play against, I am curious as to what people's thoughts are towards playing against flankers, specifically Genji and Tracer.

So, as the title implies, as of the time of this post do you feel like you're having fun playing against an enemy Tracer or an enemy Genji? What would you say brings you joy / the lack thereof playing against these heroes?

Personally I've had both ups and downs playing against these heroes - specifically more so as a tank (Unless I'm playing Winston, which at that point I'm both impressed by the high skill flankers who outplay me, and entertained by the one's who aren't).

Discuss!

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
#RevertMercy
they dont bother me reallly.
For me, at least Genji has some kind of predictability to work with. Tracer though, its a [Edited by Blizzard] guessing game when fighting her.

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
Is ANYTHIGN fun to play against? Is it fun being hacked and being completely unable to use any abilities at all? Or being frozen and headshot by Mei? Or booped around left and right by Lucio, and if you try and shoot him, he'll just wallride away and heal back up?

Every character is annoying.
Tracer no, but I think Genji is fair except for Deflects hitbox and it's ability to block melee(which is garbage balancing)
as monkey against genji, yes. i like hearing a cyborg ninja frying.
as roadhog or zenyatta against tracer, yes. flick hooks or flick headshots feel good!

but i'm just a QP casual so if those don't happen, i'll move on to the next game.
No actually, they're not.
Roadhog gets changed as he is anti fun, D.va gets changed as she is anti fun, Mercy gets changed as she is anti fun, Hanzo is going to be changed as he is anti fun.
Wonder what they will do with Genji/Tracer.
02/11/2018 08:50 AMPosted by xavvypls
With the discussions on how much fun a hero is to play against, I am curious as to what people's thoughts are towards playing against flankers, specifically Genji and Tracer.

So, as the title implies, as of the time of this post do you feel like you're having fun playing against an enemy Tracer or an enemy Genji? What would you say brings you joy / the lack thereof playing against these heroes?

Personally I've had both ups and downs playing against these heroes - specifically more so as a tank (Unless I'm playing Winston, which at that point I'm both impressed by the high skill flankers who outplay me, and entertained by the one's who aren't).

Discuss!

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
#RevertMercy
no but if you are talking about mass rez its not comparable. You can kill genji after he hits q and he loses the ult. Old mercy was invulnerable after she hit q. Nothing compares