If the next hero is in a wheelchair...

General Discussion
02/12/2018 01:10 PMPosted by xavvypls
Or they could, you know, not make jokes about their disabilities and think of something more clever to say.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
#RevertMercy

Those with disabilities are even more incensed when they feel people are pitying or babying them for their disability.

Sincerely, someone with a disability.
02/12/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Noxgarm
02/12/2018 01:22 PMPosted by NooneSpecial

It's comments like this that make me disappointed with the community.
As if the wheelchairs of the future would have actual wheels, and not hover like Professor X from the X-Men cartoons. Mount some guns on that sucker and you've got a hover tank.

Except the wheelchair they added in LIjaang Tower have wheels.

ALso: Wheelchair.

WHEELchair.

There's a wheelchair on Lijaang?? Where??
Also were discussing wheelchairs, but I referred to them as "wheelchairs of the future", as in what ever replaces them. Hoverchairs then. But 'wheelchair' could be one of those carry over things of times gone by, like how a save icon is still a floppy disc in some programs. It might not make sense by modern standards, but it's the history of it.
Why don't you go break your legs and come back and say that with a straight face. Yeah I didn't think so.
02/12/2018 01:23 PMPosted by xavvypls
02/12/2018 01:11 PMPosted by CrankyPants
Don't be such a grump. Plenty of people with disabilities take it in good humour.

There's no reason for there to even be a wheelchair hero in their timeline. Better yet, to make wheelchair jokes about them. The idea overall is just... bad.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy

Another voice line could be when they get a kill:

"I'm wheel-y beginning to like you"
Or they could, you know, not make jokes about their disabilities and think of something more clever to say.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy

Reported for Trolling with signature
02/12/2018 01:29 PMPosted by Bendubz11
There's no reason for there to even be a wheelchair hero in their timeline. Better yet, to make wheelchair jokes about them. The idea overall is just... bad.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy
Xavvy pls, I've met multiple people in wheelchairs, some are friends of mine, and of those not yet ancient every single one of them has made bad wheelchair jokes. Also this is a universe where most people have at least 1 limb amputated, the chances of there being a hero in a wheelchair is very high.
You did not just give me the "I have _____ friends" line.

Sorry, call me the devil's advocate here. I don't personally care about jokes that touch on the misfortune of others. As unpopular as that may sound. It just sounds like pandering for a forced laugh in my opinion.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy
02/12/2018 01:35 PMPosted by ZeroBass
Why don't you go break your legs and come back and say that with a straight face. Yeah I didn't think so.

Me? Oh I definitely would. You could take my legs but you couldn't take my bad sense of humour. I would just be waiting for the opportunity to say "I don't have a leg to stand on."
02/12/2018 01:11 PMPosted by CrankyPants
Don't be such a grump. Plenty of people with disabilities take it in good humour.

And the others are busy trying to organise a boycott of the new Peter Rabbit movie because of "food allergy bullying".
02/12/2018 01:37 PMPosted by xavvypls
...Xavvy pls, I've met multiple people in wheelchairs, some are friends of mine, and of those not yet ancient every single one of them has made bad wheelchair jokes. Also this is a universe where most people have at least 1 limb amputated, the chances of there being a hero in a wheelchair is very high.

Sorry, call me the devil's advocate here. I don't personally care about jokes that touch on the misfortune of others. As unpopular as that may sound. It just sounds like pandering for a forced laugh in my opinion.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy
Do you even know how to laugh? It seems like you take offense to everything, ngl.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy

It’s 2018 and online signatures belong in 2005. Stop it.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy
Oh dear, you’re one of those...
He better have some Charles Xavier voice lines else I'll demand the hero be deleted.
02/12/2018 01:37 PMPosted by xavvypls
...Xavvy pls, I've met multiple people in wheelchairs, some are friends of mine, and of those not yet ancient every single one of them has made bad wheelchair jokes. Also this is a universe where most people have at least 1 limb amputated, the chances of there being a hero in a wheelchair is very high.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy

1) The "I have ____ friends" works here because they make jokes about being in wheelchairs too. If disabled people can make jokes about their own disabilities, it wouldn't be the end of the world if a disabled character made a joke about that in the game.
2) Why the signature?
02/12/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Vex
Do you even know how to laugh? It seems like you take offense to everything, ngl.

Oh... I'm sorry. Laughing at people with disabilities is socially appropriate now? I must have missed the memo. Maybe I'm in the wrong century to not find that hilarious. So do excuse me.

Do enlighten me, I'd be more than happy to learn this knew brand of what you call "humor."

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy
Sometimes if he kills an enemy he will say: "How the wheels have turned!"
02/12/2018 01:35 PMPosted by mypants

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy

Another voice line could be when they get a kill:

"I'm wheel-y beginning to like you"

Oh god.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy
I'm curious to see something like this.
02/12/2018 01:44 PMPosted by xavvypls
02/12/2018 01:38 PMPosted by Vex

Oh... I'm sorry. Laughing at people with disabilities is socially appropriate now? I must have missed the memo. Maybe I'm in the wrong century to not find that hilarious. So do excuse me.

Do enlighten me, I'd be more than happy to learn this knew brand of what you call "humor."

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy
I can't believe I'm actually teaching someone about humor. Lol.

Look, no one's laughing at the person with the disability. It's never that literal. Second, most humor (at least the best kind) comes from the most dark and messed up things a person can experience in life. It's kind of like a coping mechanism of sorts that turns pain into joy. Lighten up, sheesh!
02/12/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Dysvalence

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
#RevertMercy

OW is in the future. Cyborgs like Genji exist, and most cars don't even have wheels. If anyone still uses obsolete technology like wheelchairs, that's simply how they roll.

(つ▀¯▀)つ
what if they disprove of cybernetics and omnics