Stop banning for graphics device loss!!!

General Discussion
I mean you guys can clearly detect if the graphics device has been lost because you display the message and close the game every time. Lets not punish those who have reason to be punished. I don't forcefully lose my graphics card, in a matter of fact its very annoying, the bug has been complained about so many times for so long and the fact it's still wreaking havoc in Overwatch is insane.

I have gotten the error on my Nvidia build but that is not longer in service and i get it more frequently on my amd build.

I have 3 accounts, this one suffers a lot more than the other 2 accounts. I disconnect atleast once a game on this account, all the settings are the same across all accounts, but you guys must not like this one. on my main i get it maybe 1 out of 10 games, and on my 2nd account i get it like 20% of the games.

I understand people may abuse the "Graphics device has been lost" bug by just forcefully making it lost(if they know how) to avoid playing a game.

I was banned for an entire season with no message nor email and i had to wait a day for support to respond saying "it may have not been my fault I disconnected but the ban has to be upheld"

Please Jeff fix this bug and reduce the punishment
Yeah, it is your fault if you choose to keep playing comp on a computer that clearly has a lot of issues. Post in the tech support forums and look for help fixing it. No sympathy here.
I gotchu fam:

Hey all,
As said [url="https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17616975528"]here [/url]we're waiting for the fix from AMD, best bet is to check their release notes each time there's a new driver to see if they've fixed it yet.

Only thing to do is try reverting to a working driver as per [url="https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17616733590"]this sticky[/url], and using it until the issue has been fixed.
AMD drivers are trash.
I recall someone from AMD posting about this on reddit. They said it was a known problem but didn't have a fix. They said it was AMD's problem to fix as well. This was many months ago too.

I had this once with Nvidia after I did an update on my drivers.. I did a reinstall of the same drivers and haven't had it happen.
AMD? Do you need a space heater for some reason?
You're aware that there are 5 other people who suffer as a consequence of your computer, right? Laggers, disconnects, people who are impaired in any way by their hardware... they have no business playing Competitive.

If you lack stable internet, a functional graphics controller, a decent PC... there isn't any reason for you to demand anything. You are responsible for your hardware, software, and internet connection.
Yeah but 5 other people losing SR over your trash PC is fine right?
I mean, they could probably do something to detect when someone has some unavoidable issue and make it so they don't get punished for it, but they would have to do the same for the other 11 people and then the match would have essentially never happened. Not a good feeling for the other 11 people, especially if the match was almost over (unless they were losing).
02/13/2018 12:21 AMPosted by possumcorpse
AMD drivers are trash.
Sheesh that's what I thought, but I realized it wasn't.

I have a Ryzen 7 1700x, and it's amazing in every OTHER game, but hard to keep 144 in OW...

I asked around the Tech forums, and they said OW isn't optimized for newer AMD products, especially Ryzen... Yet...
02/12/2018 11:47 PMPosted by Ungod
Yeah, it is your fault if you choose to keep playing comp on a computer that clearly has a lot of issues. Post in the tech support forums and look for help fixing it. No sympathy here.

are you stupid? i said it only happens on this account?

No sympathy for you being stuck in plat lmfao
AMD refuses to fix many of their issues. I, for instance, am still waiting for AMD to fix their drivers' incompatibility with high refresh rate monitors.
02/13/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Puppydemon
I mean, they could probably do something to detect when someone has some unavoidable issue and make it so they don't get punished for it, but they would have to do the same for the other 11 people and then the match would have essentially never happened. Not a good feeling for the other 11 people, especially if the match was almost over (unless they were losing).

They can't because someone is going to sell deliberately broken drivers to falsify that. And they'll make a fortune because for every one person who has a real problem you have 100 who are liars and cheats. I don't understand the mentality of cheating and lying in games but that's who you're up against.
Yeah, me and my husband have had AMD drivers in the past, and they have given us no end of grief, we have switched to nvidia and we haven't had any problems (yet).
I had the same issue, just go update your drivers. It helpped me out alot. Also, close any background programs you got runnin.

In all fairness, some of us, including me now, are getting this from time to time, ever since the new YotD update, so it isn't "clearly has a lot of issues" I'm running a GTX 1070 and this issue seems to be more common on AMD gear. Bliz's supposed "fix" for nVidia isn't very helpful and doesn't work for about 80% of the users who are experiencing it.

I've been to the tech support forums, barely anyone posts there (Which I guess is a good thing) and it takes forever to get an actual response, It's almost useless.
02/13/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Goof

are you stupid? i said it only happens on this account?

How would account be relevant to your client crashing? You're making a causation out of a correlation. But go ahead, keep making comments like this and prove who the stupid one is.
02/13/2018 03:32 PMPosted by Nessykins
Yeah, me and my husband have had AMD drivers in the past, and they have given us no end of grief, we have switched to nvidia and we haven't had any problems (yet).

Nvidia is pretty much rock solid, mostly. I get 0 crashes in OW (always keeping the drivers current.) Oh and I have an Intel CPU, not AMD, so maybe that helps too.
02/13/2018 12:21 AMPosted by possumcorpse
AMD drivers are trash.

didnt they fix the AMD drivers issue? I mean, I've been playing on the most recent driver (18.2.1) and no crashes so far...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759330023