In the event Sombra is in every game post buff...

General Discussion
hold on, the buff is still live?
It's going to be nerfed, too many people are going to complain. Shield tanks, DPS like genji and pharah, the healers. As much as I like the changes to come, Sombra isn't enough of a poster child to be able to retain anything nice she gets.

We'll get a few months of fun play at most before they call take-backsies and revert or tweak.
I just can't wait for the changes to hit the PTR then live. We were teased soo early that it feels like its going to take forever to see them again.
The buffs are not live yet
02/13/2018 12:52 PMPosted by NightWolf
You realize that she has the strongest kit in OW, right? She has one of the highest carry potentials in the game and did not need as huge of a buff as she is getting.

Don’t get me wrong. I LOVE Sombra. She is my DPS of choice far above the rest, but getting reduced hack timer, total mobility shut down, and bloom reduction, you’re just waiting for Mercy 2.0 Sombra Edition. She is already OP when played well, seeing as she has a very high win rate in high play, but to amp it up 10 fold is ridiculous.

She should honestly only get one or the other for the buff. The bloom was honestly her only issue in the first place. She wasn’t good enough at securing kills. THAT was her issue. Now, she will gain that. Plus some.

Again, I love Sombra. On this smurf alone, I have one of the highest play times with her standing with Mercy, Moira, and Ana. I don’t want to see a meta dominated by Sombra, but to at least include her. These buffs will guarantee she dominates in all play above diamond.

She has a high win rate at the higher tiers because she's a good stall hero. Bust out Tracer, Mei, and Sombra on 2CP defense in OT at the LAST possible moment and you're more likely to win. Look at her play time compared to her pick rate if you don't believe me. Mei also has a high win rate even though people are very aware of how weak she is right now in the meta, and that's because she's the ultimate stall hero. But Sombra is overall quite weak, especially at the lower tiers where teams don't know how to work with her. Also, Pharmercy is straight up broken in the lower tiers and she's a very welcome low-skill counter to a very unwelcome, very OP low-skill combo.
02/13/2018 05:11 PMPosted by hensoldt
02/13/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Bendubz11
A DPS hero is being used by the pros as a Support hero, does that seem right? This is why she needed the buff badly.

None of this actually talks about Sombra's bigger issue, especially in pro play:

Nobody is playing Sombra for any reason besides EMP. The reason you go solo support is so Sombra's health packs get maximum uptime for EMP charging.

And Sombra's health pack charging was nerfed completely so your point is.....?
02/13/2018 05:46 PMPosted by SǾMBRUH
02/13/2018 12:33 PMPosted by WorstPlayer
I know that the Genji and Tracer Mains are gonna come in here complaining
You mean Genji and Pharah

Bring on the Pharah tears! Pharmercy has ruled the skies and rained justice unencumbered for far too long.
02/13/2018 05:11 PMPosted by hensoldt
02/13/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Bendubz11
A DPS hero is being used by the pros as a Support hero, does that seem right? This is why she needed the buff badly.

None of this actually talks about Sombra's bigger issue, especially in pro play:

Nobody is playing Sombra for any reason besides EMP. The reason you go solo support is so Sombra's health packs get maximum uptime for EMP charging.

I do not play for health pack Emp. I play assassin sombra. I am not an Ult bot
Oh don't worry, they will. Players in this game love to keep the status quo. That's why they flipped out over Moira and will definitely flip out over Sombra.

They are used to seeing Sombra and going "oh they have Sombra, ez win" and want that to continue. They don't want to learn how to actually engage her. It's "too late in the game" for them to deal with something new.

Sombra has the lowest pickrate and winrate, but that's not good enough. They want her to stay buried because it's easier for them to keep playing the same comps instead of having to change up.
If Sombra becomes the must-pick DPS after her buffs have settled for a while, then that would also be unhealthy.
Sombra will have a very similar role to Genji and Tracer. The same people who complain about Genji and Tracer will complain about Sombra once she becomes more mainstream. Support mains especially will, so basically these forums.

I do not play for health pack Emp. I am not an Ult bot

Diamond, Master, and Grandmaster players do, and that's what she is. If she took the second DPS slot you wouldn't have enough team damage to actually do anything with EMP, so she takes the Zenyatta slot.
I honestly can't wait. She's my main on my second account and I've destroyed Pharmercy (a cancerous duo who dominate on console in plat/diamond tiers).

Seen my teammates always flaming the Sombra player but I stopped caring eventually. With this buff, she's gonna be even better. But yes, I'm worried that too many people will start whining about her being too OP.
It will not impact Genji because he have a ton of counters.
But for Tracer it will be extra crispy potato crisp.
Doesn't matter what mains, everyone will complain about that Sombra eventually. People do not like their abilities taken away from them. It's just like with Meis freeze. People hate stuff that limits their movement, that's why many really hate Mei and that's why many will hate future Sombra.
I welcome the changes, she's been trash far too long and Tracer/Genji have dominated the DPS slots for a long time. It'll be refreshing the meta and opening up new strategies instead of diving in and see which team can get a kill first. Sombra may be the long awaited counter to dive (hallelujah!).
LOL, review Blizzards track record and history on balancing, buffing, and nerfing (across ALL of their games) and then--good luck man. Chances are they'll overbuff her, nerf her into the ground, do it a few more times, then move onto the next FOTM character to do the same thing.

Blizzard is in the hall of fame for being especially awful at balance, it's not why anyone plays their games. Ask yourself have you ever heard someone say "Man, I love <insert Blizzard game> here so much. I want to play it all the time because it's so well balanced!
I'm excited for the Sombra changes but I'm also scared that after a few months of complaining she'll be nerfted back to the old Sombra or even worse.
02/13/2018 12:33 PMPosted by WorstPlayer
Please do not nerf her immediately like with Doomfist. I know that the Genji and Tracer Mains are gonna come in here complaining, and that DPS Streamers are also gonna complain about it.

Their time is up, Genji and Tracer have dominated the game for too long and received very minor nerfs. It's time for a change in Meta and for Dive to go away. Let's see something different.

And this is coming from someone who enjoys playing as both Tracer and Genji.

Genji and Tracer have Never dominated the game , they have never been close to 100 percent pick rate like mercy was.
I think the people who will actually end up complaining the most will be tank and support players.
Would Sombra meta make Zenyatta played less? She does counter him (and her release was what made me back off from him, since EMP kills all my shields/entire kit basically)