Win more with SR disadvantages than advantages

Competitive Discussion
Why do I tend to win way more when my team's SR is lower than the other team's? It's like the larger disadvantage the more I win. Does this happen to anyone else?
Oh yeah. Games aren’t really 50-50. Just by random chance, when shoving 12 people together all within the same SR range, you might end up with maybe 20 more SR on one side or the other. Accordingly, the expectation won’t really be 50% chance of win, but maybe 40%-60%. The exact numbers would have to come from blue text.

To compensate for this, you don’t just get a flat amount of SR, even in games above 3k SR. They adjust for what they believe is your likelihood to win. Put plainly, if you are on the underdog team, you can expect to gain more for winning and lose less for losing, just because it wasn’t really 50/50 from the start.

It’s actually the only fair way to do things unless you literally only allow teams which have the exact same SR average. (There are other concerns about what it means to average when huge disparities can give the same SR average as everyone being identical, but that’s kinda a separate issue.)
02/13/2018 01:28 PMPosted by GIR
Why do I tend to win way more when my team's SR is lower than the other team's? It's like the larger disadvantage the more I win. Does this happen to anyone else?

This is the underdog system and has been a factor since the very beginning. If you are favoured to lose you get more SR for a win and lose less for a loss. If you are favoured to win then the opposite is true.

It also factors your SR to the average SR of the team. If a plat player plays with a silver then you will get into mid gold games. The plat will lose a lot of SR for losses and gain little for winning for being above the average SR. The silver will experience the opposite because they are below the average SR.
Do you have a blue text for this? Or is it what you think makes sense? I’m literally asking.

02/13/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Pokadotdurr

It also factors your SR to the average SR of the team. If a plat player plays with a silver then you will get into mid gold games. The plat will lose a lot of SR for losses and gain little for winning for being above the average SR. The silver will experience the opposite because they are below the average SR.

I think the relevant statistics should be more subtle than that. If you are a plat in a gold game with silver players against a team of golds, I don’t see that game as being easier to win. Put another way, the gains of the plat in that situation should be modulated by the anticipated drag down of the other players. I’d even make the claim that it would be better to ignore the effect altogether. This doesn’t go for premades. Frankly, I don’t know how to handle them. But for soloq, I don’t know if it actually makes sense to just assume that a plat player will have an easier time winning on a silver team compared to an all gold team.
02/13/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Pokadotdurr
02/13/2018 01:28 PMPosted by GIR

This is the underdog system and has been a factor since the very beginning. If you are favoured to lose you get more SR for a win and lose less for a loss. If you are favoured to win then the opposite is true.

aware of the gain loss changes I'm just talking solely about games where my team has a SR disadvantage with same rank of players (all plat, all diamond, etc) but I win way more when I have said disadvantage