⚠ STOP WITH THE UPDATES ⚠

General Discussion
I can handle once a week, and I think that should be MORE than enough. None of these updates are ever that critical. They could even push it to a two week cycle.

Seems like whenever I want to play I have to update either the game or the PS4 software. Get off our backs, and let us play. But keep giving us new skins, thank you.
We need more and faster updates. It takes so long for a hero or other things.
We need bug fixes. Look at heroes like Doomfist and Sombra who have had bugs since launch.
02/03/2018 05:35 PMPosted by ZYŦHIX
We need bug fixes. Look at heroes like Doomfist and Sombra who have had bugs since launch.

Fix the bugs by all means. Just don't roll it out piecemeal like this.
"LOL stop updating the game so often so I can play the lesser version."

Because impatience.
Why does physical (well, not actually physical but you know what I mean) proof that the game is being worked on upset you?
I think the problem is more priority. Maybe if they fixed bugs, and focused on hero balance, rather than add a bijjilion cosmetics or new maps, then the updates would feel more warranted.

As is, current updates feel more like wool over our eyes.
02/03/2018 05:45 PMPosted by CGUN88
Why does physical (well, not actually physical but you know what I mean) proof that the game is being worked on upset you?

Why do you think that's what upsets me? I'm annoyed that when I want to play, I can't. Having a limited amount of time to play a video game isn't be impatient.
02/03/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Mrat13
I think the problem is more priority. Maybe if they fixed bugs, and focused on hero balance, rather than add a bijjilion cosmetics or new maps, then the updates would feel more warranted.

As is, current updates feel more like wool over our eyes.

The thing is they have different teams that work on different things, which a lot of people don't realize. Artists and 3D modelers do the cosmetics, programmers work with the coding, balance people do the balancing, and so on. You really don't want artists to mess with the game's coding, and the balance people aren't spending their time making new icons and sprays, I'm sure.

Having said that, it of course doesn't excuse Blizzard's sluggishly slow balance cycles. I heard they have to pay Sony and Microsoft a fee whenever they want to send out a patch for the game on their respective consoles, and if it's true, I can't imagine the fee is that much. I'm sure Blizzard is swimming in money and they are just being stingy. If Overwatch was a PC-only game, chances are balance updates would be more frequent.
It's the same reason why balance patches for Hearthstone happen about once every 2-3 months. They don't like paying the fees to whatever the mobile services are.