Moira healing through barriers is a bug

General Discussion
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761037410#post-2

Could the devs confirm whether this is going to be patched out or not? It's a pretty massive deal.
Because what we need is this 'bug' to be fixed making Moira less desirable.

I think they need to just leave it. It's not something that makes her OP and it doesn't hinder the experience of playing her.
Its not an issue, all healers should be able to heal through barriers imo.
If it's on their list of known bugs, they must intend to patch it. It just depends on how complex the particular code around that interaction is, if they can fix it such that it doesn't create new bugs, and how high on the list of priorities it is.
Considering Ana and Lucio can't heal through shields, making Moira the same wouldn't affect much. I always thought it didn't go through barriers anyways.
02/04/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Profane

I think they need to just leave it. It's not something that makes her OP and it doesn't hinder the experience of playing her.

Patching it out would be a significant blow to Moira's viability, when she's already in a perfect spot. Barriers are everywhere.
02/04/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Silawatsi
02/04/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Profane

Patching it out would be a significant blow to Moira's viability, when she's already in a perfect spot. Barriers are everywhere.

The bug only applies to her healing spray, her Orb would still heal through barriers. She also has Fade (mobility to get out of barriers) so patching out this bug wouldn't be a huge difference imo. Her pick rate would go down slightly and Ana's would go up slightly, which would be fine
I don't think that's a bug, I think that's how it's meant to work

Patching it out would seriously dampen her usefulness anyway
02/04/2018 09:04 AMPosted by BTTrinity

That defeats the purpose of a barrier, no?
02/04/2018 09:10 AMPosted by Curator
02/04/2018 09:06 AMPosted by Silawatsi

The bug only applies to her healing spray, her Orb would still heal through barriers. She also has Fade (mobility to get out of barriers) so patching out this bug wouldn't be a huge difference imo. Her pick rate would go down slightly and Ana's would go up slightly, which would be fine

Moira's pickrate will go down but I doubt that Ana's pickrate will go up after this "bug fix"

I think it still gonna be Mercy since she's gonna be the only one who can heal through barrier
02/04/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Curator
02/04/2018 09:04 AMPosted by BTTrinity

You men an ability that blocks damage? No it wouldn't. No one uses a barrier to block healing except for Ana. Which effectively renders her useless. Barriers already rule this game they don't need to block healing at all.
Shush.
02/04/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Fate

You men an ability that blocks damage? No it wouldn't. No one uses a barrier to block healing except for Ana. Which effectively renders her useless. Barriers already rule this game they don't need to block healing at all.

That's actually deeply wrong

Good Winston will always do it to prevent the dived target from getting heals

It even blocks Transcedence.
02/04/2018 11:02 AMPosted by Fate

Barriers block Lucio's, Zen's, and Ana's healing. They block Transcendence and Sound Barrier. Moira's Orb and Ult pierce barriers so I think she'd be fine if her normal spray did not pierce barriers, especially given that she has fade too, whereas Ana has no mobility.
Anyone saying this wouldn't be a massive nerf to Moira is lying to themselves. I can't tell you how often I heal a teammate who is inside an enemy Winston bubble or is flanking behind an enemy Rein or Orisa shield. These are some of my biggest plays as Moira, because they're often the situations where active healing 100% saves a teammate's life and allows them to secure a kill when they otherwise would have died. These situations are much more important than the healing you do to someone who is hurt but not actively in danger.

Making her heal not work through enemy barriers would not leave Moira useless, but it would be a huge deal.
Game is DPSwatch now.
02/04/2018 11:15 AMPosted by SaintBoot
Game is DPSwatch now.

Triple DPS has never been meta

Triple/Quad tank has

Triple Support has for a short amount of time
I dont know how to feel about it. Is it good? Is that bad? I really wish the devs would clarify.

In a way it would not affect Moira as bad as Ana, since Moira can play around shields with fade, Ana has to sacrifice good positioning to play around them since she has zero mobility. Plus, Moira still has huge multitarget heals and HoT.

On the other side, shields are too prevalent and shield busters aren't that good ATM.