KB+M on console

General Discussion
Why do people do this? There isn’t anything you can do about it. Apparently it’s allowed too. These people probably got destroyed by actual competition on PC. That’s why they come here. It’s so stupid. I’d like to see these garbage players on PC. It’d be a good laugh.
It's not 'allowed', there's just not much the devs can do about it at the moment. But yeah, it's not really fair at all.
02/11/2018 07:45 PMPosted by iamhappyso
Why do people do this? There isn’t anything you can do about it. Apparently it’s allowed too. These people probably got destroyed by actual competition on PC. That’s why they come here. It’s so stupid. I’d like to see these garbage players on PC. It’d be a good laugh.
It Is Allowed Atm But there's really nothing anyone can do about it there's no way for anyone to know.
Highly Rated
To anyone who does this, shame on you. Let’s get this straight, you are by no means good. Stop trying to make yourself feel like you’re better at the game it’s pathetic. I bet you’d beat up little kids if you could and call yourself a good fighter.
02/11/2018 07:47 PMPosted by karleighCC
It's not 'allowed', there's just not much the devs can do about it at the moment. But yeah, it's not really fair at all.
There is, they could prohibit movement that is too precise by making the mouse input work like the analog stick input (it can only move x pixels slow and x pixels fast no matter how slow or fast you move the mouse). It would still be sligthly more precise than without but it wouldn't really add any benefits to using kb+m on console.

But it's Blizzard, they don't do much for the game other than balancing around Quickplay whiners and gutting heroes.
It'll be allowed soon enough if Xbox's leak about official KBM support comes out this year.
Jeff said they are looking into how to combat it. He agrees it’s not fair. They currently don’t have a answer but they are trying to combat it software and policy wise. Hopefully we can figure something out

It's not allowed at all.

Blizzard have said that they're against it, and are looking into ways to prevent it.

Per their own reporting system, anything that affords an unfair advantage is considered cheating. Using keyboard + mouse against players using controllers affords an unfair advantage, so it's cheating and should be reported as such.
01/29/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Morrov555
01/18/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Currently, we cannot do anything about players using input conversion devices to use Mouse and Keyboard on console.

However, we have put serious research and development against this problem and we're hoping to have a solution to what we consider to be unfair circumstances. This is a priority for us and we're trying to combat this through technology and policy.

We'll keep you informed on our progress and any policy changes as soon as they develop.

For now, please avoid reporting this behavior.

This was from jeff on another post
I really hope they have a league for console where half the players that apply get denied for playing with mouse and keyboard :P. But yeah, KB+M seems really cheesy. I can't really think of a valid reason for using one.
02/11/2018 08:59 PMPosted by GildTesoro
01/29/2018 05:08 PMPosted by Morrov555

This was from jeff on another post

Why on earth would he ask people to avoid reporting that behaviour?

It's cheating, plain and simple.
They're trying to compensate for something
02/12/2018 04:20 AMPosted by FistWarrior
They're trying to compensate for something

^ This. Just guessing here, but the ones using M+KB lose so much on PC that they migrate over to console just to feel better about themselves. I don't even care if they're masters, diamonds or what have you, it's still a sad way to try and validate yourself.

I say this because I had an experience with a blatant M+KB user in one of my games about a month or so ago. Got lucky in the rotation and played CTF, on one of the Illios maps.

It was a Pharah, and neither I nor the Torb could stave her off for long, so I went and switched to Widow. Obviously the Pharah didn't like that and when she killed me, she promptly t-bags, which is what gave her away. Even if you have a fast finger for someone who uses a controller, she went way too fast on that. Naturally, I got my revenge (and then some~) when we were matched up again in Nepal. No, I didn't t-bag, but I did force her to switch~.
02/11/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Comixfan

It's not allowed at all.

Blizzard have said that they're against it, and are looking into ways to prevent it.

Per their own reporting system, anything that affords an unfair advantage is considered cheating. Using keyboard + mouse against players using controllers affords an unfair advantage, so it's cheating and should be reported as such.

Jeff said to not report kbm players yet in his blue post about the topic
Messaged an Ana last night that she lost even with M+KB. Watched how she would track her teammates to heal, sleep dart precision and more. Kill feeds were most telling though. I’m glad we won and shut her down.
why do people cheat? Same question.
Just dont play shooters on consoles, because you get wrecked by people utilizing non-conventional controls.
I actually don't know how you people spot those guys...
02/12/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Yuh

Watch kill cams and you’ll see the sensitivity, and accuracy. Also, looking for things like flicking shots. These things aren’t really possible, or would be a lot less effective if they were using s controller.
Yeah, I know these kids. Some are okay, but they are usually young and still have A LOT to compensate for, also some are just straight weirdo cucks. Also they actually do hit top 100 etc on PC but don't "do good," or get those huge aim assist multi kills or e girls or free sr etc. Also a lot of them claim they can't buy a good pc.
02/12/2018 11:51 AMPosted by iamhappyso
02/12/2018 05:04 AMPosted by Yuh

Watch kill cams and you’ll see the sensitivity, and accuracy. Also, looking for things like flicking shots. These things aren’t really possible, or would be a lot less effective if they were using s controller.

Flick shots, quick scopes, and everything in between is possible on controller.

Most GM players, including myself, use a controller.