Can't play Lucio

General Discussion
or any hero that jumps too much.

For some reason every time I play a jump hero, after 5 minutes my hands feel like they are on literal fire. This used to not happen before. What should I do?
See a doctor
it's not that bad but I've been considering that

02/12/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Renegade
See a doctor
Rebind your controls to something more comfortable, or see your doctor like Renegade suggested.
Rebind jump to something like right mouse click
Not a doctor here but a similar thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was using my left pinky a lot for pressing tab and my hand was angled upwards towards the ceiling ( not a lot, just slightly) after about 30 mins my pinky and left side of my hand would be numb. This went on for a week or so and now my pinky deff has some nerve damage because some of it is still numb to this day.

I switched what button I used and started to use my pinky a lot less. I also switched how my posture was in my chair so that the blood could flow to my hands better while I was playing. It works for me so I just thought I was share my 2 cents.

(PS. I think nerve pain causes that burning but I could be wrong. Maybe check with your doctor) also switch your jump button. It may help.
02/12/2018 01:18 PMPosted by Kawakini
or any hero that jumps too much.

For some reason every time I play a jump hero, after 5 minutes my hands feel like they are on literal fire. This used to not happen before. What should I do?

maybe it's carpal tunnel syndrome (?), whatever is the case you should go to a medic, that's not normal
All movement damages nerves and muscles. While you sleep, the body repairs them. (Bonus: this is why zombies can't work.)

Most of the time you don't notice this, but if you are doing some movements repeatedly, you can damage them faster than they can be repaired, or even beyond repair. This causes carpel tunnel and RSI (repetitive strain injury).

There is no medical solution these conditions. The best way to deal with them it to avoid them. Do regular stretches of your arms and hands to use them in other ways and prevent cramps and promote bloodflow. Take regular (and long) breaks from computer-use to reduce the strain you are providing. Set a day or two aside every now and then to give your hands a proper rest. (I grant this is harder if your job involves computers as well.)

You can also slow down the rate of strain by using ergonomic equipment. Get a large mousepad and aim with your arm rather than your wrist - wrists and fingers take a LOT of strain using the computer. And if you have an angled/curved keyboard so you don't have to angle your wrists around your body, that will help too.

This is serious. This strain will follow you for years. It is important that you learn to temper your use and take care of stretches now to increase the longevity of use, rather than being almost completely unable to use computers fifteen years down the line due to pain.