Devs-Where Are You

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 24 Next
02/08/2018 07:25 AMPosted by szechuansaus
02/08/2018 07:22 AMPosted by WarJammer
If anything, her ultimate feels underwhelming right now, though the mobility increase is still UNMATCHED, it's pretty much only a mobility increase at this point - give her some fun mechanics for Valkyrie.

I guess chain healing and damage boost doesn't mean anything these days ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As well as the ability to fly better than pharah and increased mobility. Be happy you’re not on ana level boring for ults. Shoot this at ally and I’m done.
02/08/2018 08:06 AMPosted by OGgiraffrey

I guess chain healing and damage boost doesn't mean anything these days ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As well as the ability to fly better than pharah and increased mobility. Be happy you’re not on ana level boring for ults. Shoot this at ally and I’m done.

And a healing and damage boost range that's like 1000000 meters lol. :) Still a super strong ult.

Nano Boost:
- Do I use this now?
- Who do I use it on?
- Is it worth using this on this character to give them the damage reduction or do I hold it for someone with ult?
- Probably a lot of other pros and cons that people who play Ana more often than me will know.
- Press Q, brief animation, go back to the same engaging, skilled gameplay I was doing before.

Valkyrie:
- Are we in a fight?
- Do I need the increased range or flight to survive?
- Press Q, spend 15 seconds sitting out of range of enemy fire. Lose the most engaging part of normal gameplay to do so.

Which of these sounds more interesting?
Why can't the devs just admit that they have failed this time, make an apology for this mess and go back to Mercy 1.0, look at all the constructive feedback players have made and make changes from there? This rework wasn't necessary. It just made things worse. RIP support heroes.
02/08/2018 08:16 AMPosted by szechuansaus

And a healing and damage boost range that's like 1000000 meters lol. :) Still a super strong ult.

If implemented properly mass heal/buff its perfect(looking at Orisa) but implementation of Mercy ult. look so rushed that its hardly an ult. and more like E ability with long cooldown.

if you played Orisa consider this as her reworked ult
--Orisa now carry her Drum on her back
--Orisa speed is increase by 50%
--Orisa lose ability to LMB or RMB or is unable to use other abilities
--Orisa ult. now is 15s long
Do any Orisa player would like to have this kind of ult? I do not.

NO I do not want MERCY 2.0 to return she is BORING and OP
NO I do not want Current MERCY is BORING and UP for me
I and many others want Mercy to be FUN and BALANCED be it by her standard gameplay and when she ulting. If Rez have to go it have to go but I F****** repeat I and many others want Mercy to be FUN and BALANCED, I have no Idea why Overwatch team and there spokes people are unable to understand this simple fact.
Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.[/quote]

Zenyatta, with his lack of mobility, is only useful during his ult. Ana's ult never feels impactful, and like Zen, her lack of mobility makes it difficult to escape from flankers, not to mention Widowmaker. New Mercy is boring, repetitive, only feels useful b/c of how easily she heals, and doesn't even have an ult. Lucio is in an alright place, however his ult needs to be looked at -- getting killed before you hit the ground and not receiving any type of refund is incredibly frustrating. I don't feel I even need to speak on Symmetra's part. The only support hero who I feel makes an impact is Moira, and that's because she's over powered.

Each and every support hero needs change. Unfortunately, the devs feel differently, despite the tons of feedback from support mains on the forums, so it looks like healing will continue to feel like a chore.
02/08/2018 08:49 AMPosted by pentaghast
Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

Zenyatta, with his lack of mobility, is only useful during his ult. Ana's ult never feels impactful, and like Zen, her lack of mobility makes it difficult to escape from flankers, not to mention Widowmaker. New Mercy is boring, repetitive, only feels useful b/c of how easily she heals, and doesn't even have an ult. Lucio is in an alright place, however his ult needs to be looked at -- getting killed before you hit the ground and not receiving any type of refund is incredibly frustrating. I don't feel I even need to speak on Symmetra's part. The only support hero who I feel makes an impact is Moira, and that's because she's over powered.

Each and every support hero needs change. Unfortunately, the devs feel differently, despite the tons of feedback from support mains on the forums, so it looks like healing will continue to feel like a chore.
02/08/2018 08:42 AMPosted by ShadowStorm
02/08/2018 08:16 AMPosted by szechuansaus

If implemented properly mass heal/buff its perfect(looking at Orisa) but implementation of Mercy ult. look so rushed that its hardly an ult. and more like E ability with long cooldown.

if you played Orisa consider this as her reworked ult
--Orisa now carry her Drum on her back
--Orisa speed is increase by 50%
--Orisa lose ability to LMB or RMB or is unable to use other abilities
--Orisa ult. now is 15s long
Do any Orisa player would like to have this kind of ult? I do not.

NO I do not want MERCY 2.0 to return she is BORING and OP
NO I do not want Current MERCY is BORING and UP for me
I and many others want Mercy to be FUN and BALANCED be it by her standard gameplay and when she ulting. If Rez have to go it have to go but I F****** repeat I and many others want Mercy to be FUN and BALANCED, I have no Idea why Overwatch team and there spokes people are unable to understand this simple fact.

Mercy IS fun, I play her quite often. But if she's not quite engaging enough for you, maybe try another one of the other 26 heroes?
02/07/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

I saw Tracer and Genji almost everygame in comp. This means they op? If they op why you are don't touch any DPS heroes? Is this game Overwatch or DPSWatch?

Hopefully, that puts and end to it.

I know, right? Hate the mob mentality behind her more vicious mains. She's still doing alot of work in games, and I still love having a good mercy in the team.

Doing a lot of 'work' in games and having your ult being replaced with a meaningless boring Valkryie are two things. Removal of mass res did one thing and one thing only...make all of the mass killing Ults completely uncountable and unbalanced.
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.
The slowdown is anti-fun and does not fit a character that's top priority target, relies on mobility to stay alive and when you end up with 5 DPS on your team who do not make any effort to protect you but will gladly yell at you if you don't res them. You might not see that as unplayable but I do.

You could have picked a different approach to the changes. Maybe you will revisit it later on and remove it, but so far it's gone from bad to worse. You have a great game at the core but I don't want to play it if I know I can't use my favorite hero.

So unless you remove the slowdown, or add an arcade mode where you can play older versions of heroes, I'm personally staying away. Don't really care what you do to competitive though as long as I don't have to suffer the same changes.
Sure, she is much more balanced now. But you are missing the point. The reason why so many are asking for a revert is because Valk has little to no impact and is frankly boring.

Look at Mercy's previous Resurrect ultimate. You would track enemy ults so you wouldn't get caught out of position with rez. You could tempo rez or keep it to save a lost point. You would keep track of your teammates at all times and could choose to bring back someone who has a game-changing ult during a fight. You would focus on the numbers advantage and whether or not teammates would be rezzed in a safe position. A good Mercy would be involved in the fight but know how to survive for these awesome rezzes. A bad Mercy would die frequently and rez during suboptimal moments, feeding enemy ults and delaying respawn times. Overall, playing Mercy 1.0 had importance, responsibility, and actual thought behind it while still not being OP or meta.

But Valkyrie isn't like that. You can't outheal through enemy ults. If your teammates die, you can only bring back one with a risky slow cast speed. And if you pull that off, your other teammates might have already died since you aren't healing during the rez cast time. So we go from an ult that relies on your survival and can change the outcome of a fight to a forgettable one where you fly in the air, hold left/right click and hope your team does something.

I just hope you can see WHY there is a call for a revert and why we want something to change. We used to be able to make game-changing plays that involved much more thought and strategy. Playing Mercy back then was exciting and fun. If you insist on keeping Valk, please consider changes that will breathe life back into her ult.

"But don't worry, we plan to nerf Moira and give her Ana's issues because we're pretending that healing through barriers is a bug"

Don't nerf Moira and help Ana then maybe I'll believe you.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

The problem is--I've said it before and I'll say it again--is not the Mercy nerfs per se. It's how they rolled them out and the marked lack of communication with the community. It's nice to get this confirmation, I suppose, but it feels like too little, too late.

Still, all the blue posts we're seeing today feel like a baby step forward. If Blizz makes this a habit then they just might start breaking through the logjam of unaddressed issues.
Letting go of Ana. Looks like she’s going to stay as is.
02/08/2018 08:49 AMPosted by pentaghast
Zenyatta, with his lack of mobility, is only useful during his ult.

Uhm, no. WTH? Do you even watch high level Zenyatta players? Have you ever noticed the damage he can do? Or his 'E' ability? It's pretty good.
02/08/2018 08:53 AMPosted by szechuansaus

Mercy IS fun, I play her quite often. But if she's not quite engaging enough for you, maybe try another one of the other 26 heroes?

Can you elaborate on that?
But basic gameplay: heal, GA, rekting Genji or Tracer is excluded.

Res is situational at best and promote true hide and res at worse and if I remember correctly Mercy is not allowed to rez from hiding(First development update say so).

And being mobile mass health/Damage Buff dispenser without needing to do anything other than WASD is not fun to me.

Can you elaborate on that?
But basic gameplay: heal, GA, rekting Genji or Tracer is excluded.

Res is situational at best and promote true hide and res at worse and if I remember correctly Mercy is not allowed to rez from hiding(First development update say so).

And being mobile mass health/Damage Buff dispenser without needing to do anything other than WASD is not fun to me.

She's like, 1% different then she was. Why are we complaining again? 26 heroes.

As many mercy mains have said here before, yes, she's in a horrible place. Figure it out.

When did people started highpicking mercy in all elos?
When the Lucio and Ana nerfs came to the game. Main sups needed and uninterrupted and more healing rate to play. And when the game change a powerful ultimate that has 30s of cooldown she started getting picked a lot by any player.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Mercy monohero, and I get frustrated too as focusing her in competitive games, but you guys focused the wrong way to nerf. It's not changing her ressurect to a normal skill(something that is game-changing and now happens in 30s everytime), it's modifying her survival kit(changing her regeneration/guardian angel) and why she's being most picked (healing and continuous rate, you can see even nerfing ress she's still being picked because we need heroes with more healing and continuous rate).

Ressurect could be easily being nerfed when you did it simultaneous, when there's 2 pick advantage and she just ress the 2 simultaneously is different when ressing them one by one. Reviving 2 simultaneously you can kill them again with one single ultimate, but what about ressing one by one? You can kill one, she resses, and you have to kill the same player again with another miracle. It was easy when ress was an ultimate, but now it happens every 30s. Every 30s the pick advantage changes between teams and this is weird.

If you're not going to revert. Okay, but the whole point of her being strong is the way she heals and ress being a common skill, not her ress being an ultimate.

Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50%

So your idea of "balancing" a character is making sure nobody's playing them anymore.