Devs-Where Are You

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 24 Next
I expect this to be talked about by YourOverwatch and r/CompetitiveOverwatch. Calling it right now.
02/07/2018 07:33 PMPosted by xavvypls
I expect this to be talked about by YourOverwatch and r/CompetitiveOverwatch. Calling it right now.

r/Competitive is already fapping to the news.
The only support that isnt genji breakfast is moira and they are already trying to get her nerfed.
02/07/2018 05:37 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.
Ugh jeff you just broke my heart
We have no plans to revert Mercy. We also feel like she's not in a horrible place or unplayable.

Since you guys base these changes off how you "feel"...

Do you "feel" like Mercy's ultimate is fun?
Do you "feel" like it's different from her regular game play?
Do you "feel" like her ultimate allows you to have your own spotlight moment?
Do you "feel" like Mercy is more or less challenging to play now?
Do you "feel" like Mercy takes more or less strategy to play now?
Do you "feel" like this is a hero you'd want to play with 100 hours on end as your main?
Do you "feel" like all the streamer Mercy mains that have stopped playing her is sign some part of this rework wasn't successful?
Do you "feel" like you can confidently use this ultimate to save your team?
Do you "feel" like Valkyrie is anywhere near as powerful as other support ults?
Do you "feel" like Valkyrie is anywhere near as impactful as other ults?
Do you "feel" like Valkyrie is challenging to play against?
Do you "feel" Mercy will be viable in higher rank?
Do you "feel" like the reward of Valkyrie is worth the risks?
Do you "feel" Mercy will ever be a better choice than other healers minus for Pharamercy?
Do you "feel" like resurrect was the right E ability for Mercy?

This is what the Mercy player base wants to know from the developers because these are all our current concerns that don't ever seemed to be acknowledged.
02/07/2018 07:30 PMPosted by dorwinzter
This information is from Overbuff, looking only at GM league, and set to "this week".
Hero --- Pickrate --- Winrate
Moira -- 28.16% --- 56.85%
Zen ----- 26.79% --- 56.20%
Mercy -- 13.23% --- 51.89%
Lucio --- 18.12% --- 55.14%
Ana ---- 11.19% --- 54.29%

From a post which got bot-locked yesterday....Every healer has 50% winrate.
Did that mean they are all "extremely powerful" and fun to play?
Also, we don't agree with the statement that all supports are weak. Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

Overwatch is my first fps. However, It's time to find a new fps. (At least to me)Glad ubisoft is holding a rainbow six siege free weekend this month. I'll give it a try.

That means a team with healer is more likely to win than a team going 6 dps
Thanks for the much needed clarification, having some questions answered about the current state of Overwatch really helps. I'm really curious to see how Ana is/will be, as a lot of people are also saying she's the weakest support out of the bunch.
02/07/2018 07:34 PMPosted by ZSSenpai
02/07/2018 07:33 PMPosted by xavvypls

r/Competitive is already fapping to the news.

I'm literally not surprised. I find it quite sad how some people get off on the misery & inconvenience of others (literally posting their threads to witch-hunt on reddit and harassing them in the forums). But hey, that's the competitive gaming for you I suppose.
02/07/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Oizen

Symmetra says hi.
Agreed.
02/07/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Oizen

Symmetra says hi.

I really wish blizzard would take Symmetra off the freaking support listing of support heroes and put her in the defense category. Either that or give her an actual heal.
02/07/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Hibike

Since you guys base these changes off how you "feel"...

Do you "feel" like Mercy's ultimate is fun?
Do you "feel" like it's different from her regular game play?
Do you "feel" like her ultimate allows you to have your own spotlight moment?
Do you "feel" like this is a hero you'd want to play with 100 hours on end as your main?
Do you "feel" like all the streamer Mercy mains that have stopped playing her is sign some part of this rework wasn't successful?
Do you "feel" like you can confidently use this ultimate to save your team?
Do you "feel" like Valkyrie is anywhere near as powerful as other support ults?
Do you "feel" like Valkyrie is anywhere near as impactful as other ults?
Do you "feel" like Valkyrie is challenging to play against?
Do you "feel" Mercy will be viable in higher rank?
Do you "feel" like the reward of Valkyrie is worth the risks?
Do you "feel" Mercy will ever be a better choice then other healers minus for Pharamercy?
Do you "feel" like resurrect was the right E ability for Mercy?

This is what the Mercy player base wants to know from the developers because these are all our current concerns that don't ever seemed to be acknowledged.
The devs seem to think what THEY think matters more than players. What happened to the triangle?
Blizzard is really using the sunken cost fallacy hard.

Shes "not fun to play" and you all ignored the mega thread both here and in PTR.

Reasons?
02/07/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Slyther0829
"If it doesn't work... we will go back and keep looking at these things."

"Go back" - return to prior to Valkyrie. "And keep looking at these things" - look for an alternative path to fix what they deem broken.

Revert and then tweak from there.

Because what we have now is not what they promised us in that original Developer Update video. She's weak, she's not fun, and she's back to "hiding" in order to get her rez (even more so than when Mass-Rez was her ultimate, because now not only do the passive Mercys do it but the aggressive Mercys even have to do it)
02/07/2018 05:46 PMPosted by IIIIIIIII

According to most Mercy mains I know, she's no fun to play at all anymore tho after the recent nerfs.

This. Rez feels HORRIBLE to use, and Valkyrie doesn't even feel like an ult. Hearing that blizzard intends to leave her this way breaks my heart. I had to find a private place to cry after reading Jeff's batch of posts.
Also the fact that they didn't say this in the mercy feedback thread proves they don't read it.

It's still to be determined if she is exactly where she should be because it has been too soon and the dust needs to settle. Her playtime in QP and Comp is still incredibly high. Her winrate is still above 50% but more in line with what we'd expect.

But I'd like to put the notion that Mercy is going to be reverted to rest.

Why are you posting this here? Surely this comment 100% deserves to go into the mega thread about her and her changes. You are locking all threads in regards to her and reverting people to that thread, yet here you are talking about her changes in a random comment on some random thread calling Dev's out? How does some random post here get more of a response and answer from you then the mega thread?! I just don't understand your logic there. All I see is a lead dev publicly shunning those peoples and not caring that we can ALL see you doing it.

If you are going to force everyone who even says one thing about Mercy to that thread, then you OWE it to the players in there a proper response to the issue. The fact that you are ignoring them, and actually respond to the Mercy issue somewhere else, is just so disrespectful dude. All this rework and changes to Mercy and the last people YOU feel deserve an answer from you, are those who main her. I seriously do not understand how you can just publicly disrespect these players by not even bothering to give them a proper response at all.
02/07/2018 07:46 PMPosted by galXieranger
02/07/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Slyther0829
"If it doesn't work... we will go back and keep looking at these things."

"Go back" - return to prior to Valkyrie. "And keep looking at these things" - look for an alternative path to fix what they deem broken.

Revert and then tweak from there.

Because what we have now is not what they promised us in that original Developer Update video. She's weak, she's not fun, and she's back to "hiding" in order to get her rez (even more so than when Mass-Rez was her ultimate, because now not only do the passive Mercys do it but the aggressive Mercys even have to do it)

"Go back" as in go back to looking at Mercy.

Just like how they went back to Roadhog after his damage nerf was too much. They didn't revert him, but they did go back to looking at him and not just move on to other heroes, leaving him in the dust.

It's not that complicated my dude.
welp. that's a shame
probably gonna move to what ever the next big game is i guess
Support heroes are extremely powerful and impactful in OW.

Name one thing Mercy's ultimate does that can't be done equally as well or better by someone else.

Mercy used to be about using her ultimate to sway the fight. Now she just exists and puts out healing while once in a while resurrecting someone. The amount of impact your choices make are minimal at best thanks to the Mercy changes. This is pretty much THE thing Mercy mains are upset about.

Frankly you have to be completely out of touch to miss literally THOUSANDS of pages worth of complaints about this very issue over almost half a year, and you have to be willfully ignoring or a whole new level of woefully tone deaf and crippling incompetent to not grasp this. If you have seen it and do understand it, you have to be a special kind of A-hole to treat the players the way you guys have throughout these changes.

Its clear that OWL and top tier players matter more than anyone else, and it is abundantly clear that the dev team doesn't give one single damn about the feedback throughout this whole time, as evident by the massive disregard throughout this rework. Blizzard did the same thing in the Alpha of Diablo 3 when we complained that Diablo 3 was just outright boring and lacked the depth that Diablo 2 had. Honestly that's my bad for thinking for even a second that Kaplan and crew had the ability or the integrity to keep their words and be anything different. That is a mistake I will never make again.

I have found that I don't play the game anymore, and I am angry about it because I really enjoyed the game and that you could use many different ways to play the game including unideal methods, but the way things have been progressing are going away from that. The feeling that the dev team is neglecting the player base and spending all their focus and concern on OWL and catering to that small group of players has made me hate playing the game.

So as a symbolic gesture of exactly the way the dev team is coming off towards many of us in the player base with your repeated lies and failures to even extend the most basic of honest communication following promises that there will be any, I will return the exact same sentiment that you have come off as to many of us, especially the Mercy mains over the last several months; "screw you too".