Where are the Canadians?

General Discussion
We placed second in the world cup, we have plenty of player's in the OWL, we make up a good share of the player base and yet there is nothing in-game to represent us.

Not a hero, not a map... hell not even a player icon with our flag but there is a Brazilian DJ who plays Ice Hockey?

What gives eh
02/11/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Skaine
We placed second in the world cup, we have plenty of player's in the OWL, we make up a good share of the player base and yet there is nothing in-game to represent us.

Not a hero, not a map... hell not even a player icon with our flag but there is a Brazilian DJ who plays Ice Hockey?

What gives eh

Blizzard kept stating over and over they wanted a canadian character. Lucio was supposed to be it but they made him brazilian last minute.

Also Mei was support to be that while she was the bounty hunter "frostbyte" as the had the maple left on her outfit, now she's a chinese scientist.

By then i still had hope for one, but recently they seemed to have made pharah half-canadian to get that topic under the rug and call it a day, despite her entire design telling "LOOK AT ME, I'M AN EGYPTIAN!" even in her names.

So yeah, i personally gave up on that :/
There is no Canada in the future world that Overwatch takes place in, they were doing weird stuff with peanut butter and they got vaporized from space. I think the scientists at Horizon Lunar Colony built a Death Star or something. If you look through the telescope on the attack side spawn room of the Horizon Lunar Colony map as Winston he has a voice line that says something about maple syrup in peanut butter.
02/11/2018 07:03 PMPosted by theirishfuse
There is no Canada in the future world that Overwatch takes place in, they were doing weird stuff with peanut butter and they got vaporized from space. I think the scientists at Horizon Lunar Colony built a Death Star or something. If you look through the telescope on the attack side spawn room of the Horizon Lunar Colony map as Winston he has a voice line that says something about maple syrup in peanut butter.
a concoction of evil
Not to say that Canada didn't deserve to be in the finals. But any team that was able to avoid facing South Korea would have had a good shot at "getting 2nd place." In reality the only spot that truly matters is first place.

However I agree there should be a Canadian hero.
FLORIDA
Pharah is Canadian.
Canadian here, representation is unnecessary to anyone without an ego that needs to be satisfied by seeing something like you in a video game
Everything about Lucio screams that he was originally Canadian, but changed to Brazilian at the last minute before release for the 2016 Summer Olympics event in Brazil.
02/11/2018 07:17 PMPosted by TentacledTea
Not to say that Canada didn't deserve to be in the finals. But any team that was able to avoid facing South Korea would have had a good shot at "getting 2nd place." In reality the only spot that truly matters is first place.

However I agree there should be a Canadian hero.

They could make a melee hero with razor sharp claws, armored skeleton and a self-healing ability!

And they could name him after a small carnivorous animal with a reputation for ferocity, like the Weasel!

A totally original character not based on anything else!

;)
Pharah's dad is First Nations Canadian, possibly they'll explore his backstory and introduce a new hero through that.
02/11/2018 06:46 PMPosted by FranckyFox24
02/11/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Skaine

What gives eh

Blizzard kept stating over and over they wanted a canadian character. Lucio was supposed to be it but they made him brazilian last minute.

Also Mei was support to be that while she was the bounty hunter "frostbyte" as the had the maple left on her outfit, now she's a chinese scientist.

By then i still had hope for one, but recently they seemed to have made pharah half-canadian to get that topic under the rug and call it a day, despite her entire design telling "LOOK AT ME, I'M AN EGYPTIAN!" even in her names.

So yeah, i personally gave up on that :/

Pharah actually has two legendary Canadian skins (Thunderbird and Raindancer)! Would be cool to know about her and her dad, though.
02/11/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Zeleros
Canadian here, representation is unnecessary to anyone without an ego that needs to be satisfied by seeing something like you in a video game

I have an ego and it is unsatiated, deal with it.