This forum is useless.

General Discussion
Today I wrote a bug report about Reinhardt's ult not registering on targets. No reply.

Earlier I wrote a post in the General discussion section. It didn't even publish.

What good is this forum exactly?
cant say anything for issue one but...issue two, are you sure it didn't publish? it takes a minute for it to pop up on the main page for you
Did you put it in General Discussion or on the Bug Report forum?
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813881/
Also, just because you write something doesn't guarantee you a response.
Sometimes if you put things in the wrong place they can be looked over.

Publishing can be wonky sometimes and might take a minute to publish, especially if your internet is a bit slow.
Forum posts are not a direct link to devs .... its a place to bring up topics that might be interest to the community ......
02/11/2018 06:52 PMPosted by EXoticMXred
Forum posts are not a direct link to devs .... its a place to bring up topics that might be interest to the community ......

This place is more of a "which character should get nerfed next forum"
02/11/2018 06:49 PMPosted by SunsetHippo
cant say anything for issue one but...issue two, are you sure it didn't publish? it takes a minute for it to pop up on the main page for you

I’ve had issue 2 multiple times
I've published the first issue in the Bug report section. Still no reply.

I've published the second post in the General discussion. Clicked on the publish button. The page then changed to the forum's welcome page. Couldn't find my post in my post history. it just disappeared. Took me 10-15 minutes to write the 5 paragraphs discussing Hanzo's Scatter Arrow.
You only posted about the bug today?

Try posting about Symmetra bugs, 9 months to get a game breaking bug acknowledged/fixed and it wasn't even acknowledged because of her own bug reports it was put into bug reports for all different heroes just to get noticed but still took NINE MONTHS. The bug came out with her rework and had a visual element that made it easy to notice within literally 30 seconds for anyone who actually tested it (I've read Tigole/Jeffs post about QA teams so I would have thought he would actually have one).

Or how about friendly Mei walls stealing her beam lock-on, there has been many threads with multiple pages and 60+ likes and still isn't acknowledged so people have mostly given up trying.
This forum is more of a place for people in the overwatch community to come and discuss ideas. If you're upsetti spaghetti because you didn't get a dev response then you've come to the wrong place. I have almost 2000 posts and never once have I gotten a developer response directly on my post.
02/13/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Temudjin

I've published the second post in the General discussion. Clicked on the publish button. The page then changed to the forum's welcome page. Couldn't find my post in my post history. it just disappeared. Took me 10-15 minutes to write the 5 paragraphs discussing Hanzo's Scatter Arrow.

Patience Grasshopper, the devs will respond in due time if it's high enough priority. Also if you write a long description it may be beneficial to write it in a word document and past it into the post box so if your browser locks up you don't lose it.
I would have to unfortunately agree at the moment. I was having a very civil discussion in a thread about in game toxicity and for some reason it is now 404'd. Very disappointed as I felt that we were actually getting somewhere.
Forum's a joke.
02/11/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Temudjin
Today I wrote a bug report about Reinhardt's ult not registering on targets.
You should consider yourself lucky that you've managed to land non glitched earthshatters long enough to notice how !@#$ed it is.
02/11/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Temudjin
Today I wrote a bug report about Reinhardt's ult not registering on targets. No reply.

Earlier I wrote a post in the General discussion section. It didn't even publish.

What good is this forum exactly?

Oh look!!! This post was recognized and you received several downvotes. Looks like the forums are working after all!
02/13/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Temudjin

Ive experienced my threads disappearing on publish sometimes as well, from what I conclude is that the thread publishing can fail after taking too long to write it down (+10 mins), this is why before hitting the submit button I select all -> copy my entire thread text and make sure its published, if not I paste it back in a new thread and submit it again.