Underwater City & Mountain maps

General Discussion
02/12/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Chris42393
Id love a BioShock type map. That would be awesome.

Ya but as overwatch is in future an underground city can be easily made just like oasis in Arabian desert
I would love these, especially an underwater city map. Only problems I see are there needs to be a good lore reason for there being an underwater city in the Overwatch universe, which I'm sure they could come up with something sufficient. Also the large body of water surrounding the glass walls or whatever of the city would need to not affect frame rates much. But yeah just trying to visualize it in my head is getting me excited :D
Just imagining some sort of underwater Overwatch/Talon base...

Heck Yes.
02/12/2018 09:54 PMPosted by Nuk
I would love these, especially an underwater city map. Only problems I see are there needs to be a good lore reason for there being an underwater city in the Overwatch universe, which I'm sure they could come up with something sufficient. Also the large body of water surrounding the glass walls or whatever of the city would need to not affect frame rates much. But yeah just trying to visualize it in my head is getting me excited :D

Ya there are many possibilities of lore.. Like a underground city to keep people safe from the omnics and a protector( new hero) of that city who is genetically experimented to breathe in water who wields a dual sword will be cool to have.
Hmm quickly thought of upward when you described the mountain map.
Mountain map would be awesome
You seem to have this really thought out and fresh in your mind :D.

The thought of an underwater map would seem like a fun map, but they would have to make it drastically different from Lunar colony so as to not make it seem like they copy and pasted the layouts.

The mountain map would be really neat to see, but I could see there being way to many ways for the defenders to achieve an easy victory, either by overly strong lines of sight or just easier movement down the mountain or flanking. I think the mountain map would require a lot of thought to make it balanced.
Just going to leave this here:
https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Galapagos
02/13/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Prett

Is this a cancelled map?
Both sound awesome!

In regards to the mountain map, (which would be cool as a volcano too) Lush trees and maybe some ruins with a clear view of the beautiful mountain.

Second point goes into/slightly up the mountain with either lava pools or pretty glowing crystals.

Third point the tunnel comes out on the opposite side (So snipers can't see the first point.) Maybe you're above cloud level with a beautiful sunset or a starry night. There's an old shrine with walls and columns but the ceiling caved in ages ago.

If it's a volcano it could be in Hawaii
02/13/2018 03:35 AMPosted by SkullCrusher
02/13/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Prett

Is this a cancelled map?
It was pitched during the game's development along with other maps such as India, Berlin, Cairo and others. If you want to see them all scroll down a bit on this page: http://overwatch.blizzpro.com/2017/11/05/overwatch-archives-panel/
02/13/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Prett
02/13/2018 03:35 AMPosted by SkullCrusher
Is this a cancelled map?
It was pitched during the game's development along with other maps such as India, Berlin, Cairo and others. If you want to see them all scroll down a bit on this page: http://overwatch.blizzpro.com/2017/11/05/overwatch-archives-panel/

Oh lets see if we can get that map in future not fully like that but an underwater palace or a city based on that idea
02/13/2018 02:38 AMPosted by Puppydemon

The mountain map would be really neat to see, but I could see there being way to many ways for the defenders to achieve an easy victory, either by overly strong lines of sight or just easier movement down the mountain or flanking. I think the mountain map would require a lot of thought to make it balanced.

The way will be slightly slanting... And u know there will be checkpoints in the map.. So defenders can't get to the top and hit the attackers down... Only the way will be a little slanting
02/13/2018 03:48 AMPosted by Saturn0
Both sound awesome!

In regards to the mountain map, (which would be cool as a volcano too) Lush trees and maybe some ruins with a clear view of the beautiful mountain.

Second point goes into/slightly up the mountain with either lava pools or pretty glowing crystals.

Third point the tunnel comes out on the opposite side (So snipers can't see the first point.) Maybe you're above cloud level with a beautiful sunset or a starry night. There's an old shrine with walls and columns but the ceiling caved in ages ago.

If it's a volcano it could be in Hawaii

Maybe an arena map can be made in the valley, plateau of that mountain or in a volcano