did u ever had a feeling

General Discussion
Have a feeling they have a shield generator.
02/13/2018 12:37 AMPosted by M3T4
So just be further away.
Is that it? That's the best you can counter-argue? I bet you'll also tell me to not shoot at Deflect as a projectile Hero.

Even when I keep my distance away from Genji in teamfights, he can still chase down stragglers with the increased movement speed behind walls and inside buildings, do you think Soldier can chase people down like that with Tactical Visor in non-open areas? You use the term "melee ultimate" like it's some sort of huge handicap, but the benefits you get out of it outweighs the disadvantages of becoming melee for 6 sec

And btw, Winston's ultimate is a melee ultimate.
02/13/2018 12:18 AMPosted by M3T4
That's your teams fault for feeding him resets.

Anyway he shouldn't have dash reset on assists.
My favourite thing is when I'm playing Moira, he dashes at me, I fade away, and he just runs me down anyway.

I mean sure, if I die to the Dash/Slash combo, that's whatever. But when you outplay him and still die because the absurd amount of movespeed he has when he Dragonblades so he doesn't need Dash to chase you down, yeah, that's super fun.
02/13/2018 12:37 AMPosted by M3T4
02/13/2018 12:34 AMPosted by Kyaw
But because he gets an increased movement speed of 8m/s (Speed of a Sprinting Soldier, normal speed for everyone else at 6m/s), he can still out run me and hit me with the Dragonblade.

So just be further away.

He moves 3.5m/s faster than you so logically if you're ~40 meters away from him and keep running away chances are he won't catch up to you in time to hit 2 slashes.

He's the only hero with a melee ultimate, I'm sure you don't complain when Soldier aimbots you from way out of melee range so why do you complain when Genji runs up and hits you, you can easily shoot him while he runs at you.

Dragonblade is fine and being a melee ult it has to be able to close the distance, but 40 meters is straight up sniper territory, it's basically double the range of Hog's hook and McCree's falloff at this range is just sad. Staying 40 meters away is unrealistic.
02/13/2018 12:46 AMPosted by Kyaw
Even when I keep my distance away from Genji in teamfights, he can still chase down stragglers with the increased movement speed behind walls and inside buildings

Wow, a melee hero can catch up to people while ulting? So OP, better root him in place like Pharah when he ults so it's only good against AFK enemies or in a Graviton, and even then he'll probably die if he's standing still swinging into a grav.
02/13/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Dysvalence
Staying 40 meters away is unrealistic.

It's also unrealistic to expect Genji to chase down one person way out of the fight. If he chases you and only you while you run away from range then he's used a good chunk of his ultimate (3-4 seconds) just chasing you and killing you, leaving him with no more than 3 swings to dash back in and hunt your team down.
02/13/2018 12:51 AMPosted by M3T4
02/13/2018 12:50 AMPosted by Dysvalence
Staying 40 meters away is unrealistic.

It's also unrealistic to expect Genji to chase down one person way out of the fight. If he chases you and only you while you run away from range then he's used a good chunk of his ultimate (3-4 seconds) just chasing you and killing you, leaving him with no more than 3 swings to dash back in and hunt your team down.

The logical thing for Genji to do is to simply hunt down the rest of the team instead- what I'm saying is that focusing Genji down as a team at medium range makes a looot more sense than staying 40 meters away.
Well yeah I had a few instances where I really felt outplayed by Genji using dragonblade while playing Mercy. I like jebaiting Genjis when they blade, and it works most of the times (in Quickplay) but sometimes, when the Genji is really good, they outplay me. Like when I didn't take into account that there was a friendly 200hp hero next to me before I dash away, not thinking about Genji then killing that person and getting a dash reset. Or when I use Valk and he uses wallclimb and dash to get to me. That always impresses me. Also played against a Genji on Illios (comp, 3900SR) where I jumped off the side of the map to bait him out (then I'd GA back), he jumped after me and actually got me, sliced me and dashed back, darn that impressed me!
But that happens like 1% of the time (usually in competitive when I play in masters, so really good Genji players). Most of the other times I do feel his Ult is quite cheap. Especially when he gets a random dash reset when he did 1dmg to someone who then died. You think you've outplayed him and he used up both dashes, nope there is suddenly another one aaaaand you're dead. Because he runs faster than the rest of heros during ult, even if you dodge both dashes with your movement ability (which usually has a long-ish CD, except Mercy) he still get to you. Unlucky for you if he has deflect up. No point shooting at him while he walks up to you. Deflect has run out when he's close enough, giving him still 1 or 2 slices of his ult.
yess but only once. I was mercy and my team was attacking on Route 66. I heard genji ulting so i went back to where that little health pack is at the beginning where you can fall off the map, and he followed me, i jumped off the map to bait him (dva was close by so i was just gonna ga to her) & he jumped off the map with me, sliced me, and dashed back. I was pretty impressed. My dva tried to help, but There was no hope for me
Same can be said about every ultimates.