What is happening in these forums???

General Discussion
What's that spam of Moira threads? Like seriously today I saw atleast 10 "Nerf Moira" threads, around 5 "don't nerf Moira" threads and around 4 threads for Moira but for different things.
People like to throw their weight around when it comes to the forums

"Right thats mercy ticked off the list, Next moira"
Moira vs Genji isn't 10/0 in Genji's favor. This grevious error must obviously be rectified.
After Ana, Lucio, and Mercy were dealt with, she's the next convenient excuse for your average DPS_Dudebro_9999 to project his losses on.
Now that Mercy is out of the way, they'll give better focus to Moira. Healers have always been more or less under "nerf pls" category for some reason.

Moira is fine, if anything they could tune her self healing a bit, but I think it's fine too. I really felt surprised how for the first time, overwatch team introduced us a balanced hero at launch. First time for everything.
It's just a monthly theme.
pretty happy with the balance atm and no one seems overbearing and brokenly op or completely brain dead with max results

I'd like to see some small buffs over time on the worse off heroes to see where they can get them with out breaking the game

I think a lot of these nerf moira threads get necro'd by people trying to make a point that the forums are full of nerf moira threads
02/04/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Ninetales
People like to throw their weight around when it comes to the forums

"Right thats mercy ticked off the list, Next moira"
Get yo facts straight *finger snaps in z formation* there was a brief moment when people complained about D.Va needing a nerf before they spearheaded to moira
Its a common trend on the forums there will always be a topic SPAM about a hero that players want nerfed and when the hero does they get nerfed to the ground. Started with Hog, then Ana, then Dva, then Lucio(for a short time), then Doomfist, then Mercy, and now since mercy nerf went live the next victim is Moira....
YourOverwatch is now making videos about how Moira needs to die
I remember when everyone said Moira was a well-balanced hero and now for some reason she isn't?

...do people based their opinions on a magic number 8 ball in this forum?
The next cinematic should be Overwatch civil war DPS vs supports.
02/04/2018 04:35 AMPosted by Caribbean
Its a common trend on the forums there will always be a topic SPAM about a hero that players want nerfed and when the hero does they get nerfed to the ground. Started with Hog, then Ana, then Dva, then Lucio(for a short time), then Doomfist, then Mercy, and now since mercy nerf went live the next victim is Moira....
It's mob mentality that people seem to foster and exhibit particularly when the emotion linked to it is hate. A flaw in our humanity.
Mercy has been taking up a full support spot in every game for about 4 months. And it didn't really make sense to run moira with mercy, other supports combo much better with mercy. Moira wasn't seen much so people didn't have much experience playing with/against moira.

Mercy and junkrat were taking the "what to nerf/buff next" spot of the typical overwatch topics for the last couple of months. Now that they have been nerfed it's time for a new hero.

Every single youtuber/pro and their mother have been saying "quad tank with moira will be the mext meta" when mercy gets nerfed. She got nerfed and it looks like that will be the case for the moment.

She can be seen as OP for DPS players because she is extremely survivable and a very good duelist, see every deathmatch that nows has at least 2 moiras. And maybe a little mercy saltyness aswell. The only people who don't really have a reason to want a nerf are tank players and moira players, which are a minority.
Jesus tell me about it when i got on in the middle of the night all i saw was

"Nerf the !@#$ out of Moira."
"Moira is OPAF"
"Moira? More like Zen if he was God!"
"Mercy is dead as dust" and
"Kneel before Your Irish Queen who needs a nerf."

Yeah it was weird.
As a hero's pick rate increases the complaints also tend to increase.

Moira's pick rate is up between 10%-40% across the platforms in QP/Comp.

Virtually every single hero has annoying aspects it's just a case where people look past them when they aren't in as many matches or they focus on other heros.
02/04/2018 07:20 AMPosted by maleouf
Mercy has been taking up a full support spot in every game for about 4 months. And it didn't really make sense to run moira with mercy, other supports combo much better with mercy. Moira wasn't seen much so people didn't have much experience playing with/against moira.

Actually Moira was seen a lot (Top 3 most picked) in the levels below Master before the latest Mercy nerf and nearly everyone posting "Nerf Moira stat" threads plays there.
02/04/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Eggcelsior
YourOverwatch is now making videos about how Moira needs to die
Is that where this is coming from all of the sudden? While I am sure that Moira was going to be the next target, even I was a bit surprised when I came to the forum and saw that the entire front page was comprised of nerf threads. It was like a switch was flipped and everybody started on her.
It's because Mercy is officially off-meta so Moira is taking her spot, and the fact that Moira can defend herself well while also supporting her allies. Community's gotta look for the next healer to ruin I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jesus tell me about it when i got on in the middle of the night all i saw was

"Nerf the !@#$ out of Moira."
"Moira is OPAF"
"Moira? More like Zen if he was God!"
"Mercy is dead as dust" and
"Kneel before Your Irish Queen who needs a nerf."

Yeah it was weird.
Oh boy I would.
Because Moira is now the new hotness