Ana? Done. Nerfcy? Done. Now moira??

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
02/06/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Victon
02/06/2018 01:20 PMPosted by go123452
Its not just Moira.

The nerf Zen train is gearing up as well.
Zenyatta's right click is the only thing they'll nerf on him. It's too strong.

God forbid he has a strong right click to save him from..... oh maybe the flankers? Not to mention by the time Zen gets enough energy to unleash all his balls (lol), he'll die before hitting anything if a flanker targets him.

You guys are starting to get annoying with the healers. If we nerf Zen's right click, then nerf Genji's right click or Soldier's helix rocket.
I know people make the argument that Mercy was too op and had to be nerfed, but remember:

Her rework was because people wanted to nerf her even though she was way more balanced compared what they did.

It was because players put her onto the support chopping block that caused her to be op in the first place.

Now that Mercy is out of the picture and Ana is still terrible in this meta, Moira is the best support which means she's the new witch to burn apparently. I'll be extremely disappointed if Moira gets nerfed.
Every comp game since Mercy nerf:

"!@#$ Moira"
"Moira is so OP"

And every variation of those two things. It won't be long until Moira gets nerfed as well. The witch hunt will always be on supports. First Ana, then Mercy, and soon it will be Moira. Once all of the 'main' healers are nerfed, Lucio and Zen will get buffed, and then they too will get nerfed. It's an endless cycle.
02/06/2018 02:23 PMPosted by SputnikGT
Mercy during Season 7 was definitely not on point.

It was s6 and s7
By "on point" I mean being the prefered main healer
season 7 was a season that ppl would flame you if you didnt pick mercy and the other team had one
The witch hunt is always at supports doors because they're the meta makers. Followed by the Tanks. DPS are just the fill.
Hopefully we get at least one good season of Moira before they nerf her to the ground as well.
02/06/2018 01:45 PMPosted by SuperMage
Correction, Mercy season 1-5 was on point.

I Loved resurrect as an Ult
Not only it was something to earn by playing better instead of a cooldown
But it was also BALANCED
I always compared old Rez and Zen ult cuz they both do the same thing: Denying enemy combos.
In certain situations zen ult was even better cuz not only it denies enemy ults it also makes your team have infinite health for 6s
02/06/2018 10:36 PMPosted by Novah
Hopefully we get at least one good season of Moira before they nerf her to the ground as well.

And then I leave OW for good and let dps players nerf each other till theres no one left! LUL
02/06/2018 01:13 PMPosted by UltimAlireza
You guys just dont want main healers to actually have an impact!

Spoken like a true know-nothing-at-all, Supports and Tanks shape the metas, therefore Supports have a blatant impact regardless of what you want to believe or not.

Seriously? Why you even made main healers in the first place??

Cause the game isn't the same as it was in beginning.

dps and blizzards push to make it an e-sport have changed it into a run of the mill fps where healing is not fun to watch.

Sad truth :(
02/06/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Zac
02/06/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Victon
... Zenyatta's right click is the only thing they'll nerf on him. It's too strong.

They nerfed his Discord because of crybabies like you so they raised the damage of his alternate fire to compensate.

Protect my baby boy
Every meta is defined by healers. Surprise, if Moira will get nerfed, another healer will take her place.
She won't though, stop panicking.
protecc the heals
02/06/2018 11:33 PMPosted by XDLOLHI69XD
You guys just dont want main healers to actually have an impact!

Spoken like a true know-nothing-at-all, Supports and Tanks shape the metas, therefore Supports have a blatant impact regardless of what you want to believe or not.

So? Did I say anything different?!
Everytime a specific healer is good enough to define meta they get nerfed
Cuz no one likes to let supports have an impact
They just want supports to be free kills and nothing more!
02/06/2018 11:37 PMPosted by Iustus
Every meta is defined by healers. Surprise, if Moira will get nerfed, another healer will take her place.
She won't though, stop panicking.

Except it's a long history of healer nerfs.

It could get to point healing isn't worth it and a dps to kill enemy fast it better choice.
Moira and Zen are probably being targeted because they're the two most viable healers right now..
regardless of Mercy's high mobility and easy healing, shes obviously not at all in a good place as a main healer.
Ana hasn't been any good since season 3, and here on console, even then she wasn't the most reliable healer to use. Her utility is great if you can land it, but they both have extremely high cooldowns and her nade is often used on herself, so.....yeeeeah...
Lúcio's "ok" in that he doesn't completely suck, but he's kind of lack-luster. His short range, low passive healing isn't enough for the amount of burst damage in the game right now, and his speed boost seems pointless unless you're trying to rush a slow tank to the objective.

This being the current healer situation, it's only natural that the only two effective and fun healing characters are going to be actively hunted...unfortunately
02/06/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Bendubz11
02/06/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Victon
DPS Nerfs:
Doomfist: Rocket Punch hitbox was reduced drastically, and is still one the buggiest characters in the game.
Genji: Wall climb, ultimate duration, and triple jump was nerfed heavily.
McCree: Fan the Hammer damage was reduced, and his damage drop off was increased drastically, while bullet damage was nerfed as well.
Soldier 76: His weapon spread was changed drastically, and his bullet damage was buffed, then nerfed again.
Bastion: Received a rework, he can't headshot in turret form, and has an enormous spread. His ironclad was nerfed to 20% from 30%.
Hanzo: Has received many changes to projectile hitbox, was buffed, then nerfed again.
Junkrat: Mine damage now has aoe fall off, and has been buffes significantly since his release.
Mei: Used to not have damage fall off and then it was added.
D.Va: Has received multiple nerfs to DM and mech HP.
Roadhog: Damage was nerfed, Hook Cooldown was nerfed
Zarya: Energy gained from shields was nerfed and she can be knocked back in them.

IT'S ALMOST LIKE YOU GUYS THINK SUPPORTS ARE THE ONLY THING BEING TARGETED WHEN EVERYTHING ELSE HAS BEEN NERFED OR ADJUSTED TO BE IN A MORE BALANCED SPOT.

Stop thinking everyone is out to get you, when every character in this game has recieved some sort of balance change regardless of who they are or what role they are in.
If you look at every change since the start of August (6 months ago):

DPS/Tank changes -
- Junkrat has 2 mines (buff) (August 29)
- Junkrat's Riptire is 30% faster and has no delay on wallclimbing (buff) (August 29)
- Orisa gets 20% firing speed increase and 20% larger shield (buff) (August 29)
- Roadhog no longer has to be stationary for his Breather and takes 50% less damage (buff) (August 29)
- Widowmaker now has shorter Grappling Hook CD (buff) (August 29)
- Widowmaker can now see enemies hit by Venom Mine through walls (buff) (August 29)
- D.Va rework including reduction in DM length (nerf) (September 19)
- Ult use change goes live, big nerf to all cast-time ultimates (October 10)
- Junkrat's mines now have damage falloff (nerf) (January 30)

6 buffs, 2 nerfs (not including ult changes)

Support changes -
- Mercy 2.0 first implemented (rework/buff) (September 19)
- Lucio gets 65% faster wall ride (note: this was only as a result of a bug fix having made it a lot slower, the buff returning it to the original speed) (buff) (October 17)
- Mercy no longer has CD on Guardian Angel reset on Rez (nerf) (October 17)
- Valkyrie grants an extra Rez but no longer resets Rez cooldowns (buff) (October 17)
- Moira released as new hero (November 16)
- Ana has damage increased to 70 from 60 (still below what it was originally) (buff) (November 16)
- Mercy gets 1.75 second cast time and 75% movement slow on E ability Rez, and is interruptable on stun or hack (nerf) (November 16)
- Valkyrie no longer grants an extra Rez, no longer increases movement speed, and now has E ability Rez's cast time/movement slow (nerf) (January 30)

4 buffs, 3 nerfs (not including ult changes)

That's a 0.750 v 0.571 difference in good/bad change ratio, the healers are getting hit a lot harder (especially when you consider both the ult change and the in air movement change hit Lucio hard)

You can buff Gengi's swift strike to 120 per strike and then nerf by 5 points each time for 10 times, and it still looks like 1 buff and 10 nerfs.

If you look at how many buffs from Mercy got cancelled out by later nerfs and start from here,
the number looks way worse.
OP: "Season 3 ana was on point"

lol, she had to be nerfed to stop the Tank meta that was ruining the game worse than the current dive meta. I remember very well the amount of complaining about that meta in these very forums in Season 3. She was nerfed for a really good reason.
They nerfed ana somewhat near what she used to be.
80 to 60
60 to 70
There just want Nerfcy 6ft under
I played basically only Mercy after nerf ~45 games, my winrate in EU servers are 67% now with her, I increased my SR from ~2000 to ~2700.
My resurrection average is ~8, but probably is around ~7 because I had 5-7 games before nerf.

So all in all she is still super easy to make impact in the game...if I see enemy Mercy resurrecting in middle of the enemy without thinking if she has a chance to survive for few seconds then she deserves death.

Mercy is still more powerful than Ana and wayyyyyyy easier to win games with.