HIDDEN SOMBRA CHANGES in NEW PATCH

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next
Non-Sombra players: "She's nerfed, RIP"

Sombra mains: "THANK YOU BLIZZARD!"

She is finally, what she always was, a DPS. An assassin. Now even more deadly one too.
I'm confused, I just played 3 matches with her in Mystery Heros and I got my ult charge as fast as usual. Has the ult charge rate for dealing dmg been increased?
02/08/2018 01:08 PMPosted by SnareToxic
I am unable to confirm, but I’m on console and was playing Sombra earlier. I didn’t notice anything different. I got EMP as quickly as I usually do and hack didn’t seem any quicker (though 0.2 seconds difference would be hard to notice).

One or both of them are likely just bugs.
i play on console too and she still gains ult charge from health packs, and her hack seems the same. However, i think these changes are okay, but she either needs more damage or just decrease the ult charge she gets from health packs by like 25%-50%. Completely removing the ult charge from health packs would kind of make the whole hacking health packs thing waaaaay less useful.
They did the one thing I always have asked for, decreased spread, but gutted her EMP in exchange, how annoying.
These changes probably removes her from pro games, that's really upsetting because that's where she shines as an emp bot.

She should feel better to play elsewhere that you don't have that coordination but still I think she's not optimal pick.

Seems like a net nerf actually.
02/08/2018 02:41 PMPosted by Evile
I guess you never been up against a Sombra team with S76, phara and Zaraya constantly self harming so Sombra has ult every 20-30 seconds.

Yeah I guess you must know better anybody. I mean you're silver, you're no joke :)

Oh do grow up, like a support player can make their team aim, especially when half of them are RUS and cant even communicate.
You can still deliberately take chip damage, it's not like anywhere in game it says "you cant get ult charge from self harm". At least I can learn, you might be stuck with being an unlikable person all your life.
These changes are amazing!!!
02/08/2018 02:55 PMPosted by heim

She is finally, what she always was, a DPS. An assassin. Now even more deadly one too.

All the high ranked Sombra players that I know are actually saying that this is a nerf lol. I main Sombra as well (only in mid diamond) and to me its a nerf too.
Isn't this good as in you kinda want Sombra to be useful throughout the whole game instead of her only having a big impact when she ults right?
02/08/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
A few changes that are being worked on accidentally found their way into the most recent patch. This is unintentional and we're working on removing these.

We're planning on putting up a new PTR soon that has these changes (and more), so consider this a sneak peak.

Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

* No longer gains ult from health pack healing
* Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
* Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s
* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Genji - Double Jump/Wall Climb
Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Lucio - currently running Crossfade song will be disabled
Mercy - Angelic Descent

The idea here is to take some power out of her ult (and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs), and give her more power and usefulness in the rest of her kit.

Please guys you can buff spread, but DON'T BUFF COUNTERPLAY, don't make her hack fast because that time is the counterplay of sombra, buff on a nice way please

Still not an assassin (10% less spread isn't gamechanging) but hack disabling certain passives is HUGE. She can knock half of Pharmercy out of the sky, or both at once with EMP. Lucio loses his auras for the first time ever. Genji can't double jump. It's really hard to understate how exciting this is. Honestly, if this ends up being the push Sombra needs to be viable without spamming EMP, it'll be worth it.

I think it's a nerf and I use to main sombra before the mercy meta. I mean now the team just focuses the sombra so they can't even get the hack going. The spread reduction is nice though
Disabling Lucio's current crossfade song... Would make him entirely useless. You can already pretty much dodge his bullets, the only other thing he would have is wallriding. Might as well delete him from the game if that goes through.
EDIT: getting rid of wallcimb/double jump is ridiculous too.
02/08/2018 02:42 PMPosted by Yellowshadow
No way this change goes live. I love Sombra and her gameplay, and I also Pharah, and i think this is just overpowering her. Hacking passives made it overpower

Not really. I'm a Pharah main and im glad Sombra will be back in play. She's a hacker, her ability should be strong enough. At least it will hurt gengu too so it's all fine.

(though that also means another big counter for Pharah, ripperoni. The poor bird already has enough)

All in all, i'm fine with those news. Just wait once it goes on PTR to test and see for yourself.
A few changes that are being worked on accidentally found their way into the most recent patch. This is unintentional and we're working on removing these.

We're planning on putting up a new PTR soon that has these changes (and more), so consider this a sneak peak.

Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

The idea here is to take some power out of her ult (and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs), and give her more power and usefulness in the rest of her kit.

I have to implore you not to. If you push Sombra to the point of regular DPS AND she can reliably hack people which also disables them utterly, even somewhat passive abilities like Pharah's hover or Genji's wall jump, the game is going to revolve around stopping other players from simply playing their heroes. I say this as a tank main.

I say that prematurely perhaps, and of course the PTR will show more, but I really hope that there is room to change this because it feels like completely the wrong way to buff her. Making hack more annoying in addition to reducing her spread, seems way too good for an ability that now utterly disables you for too long.

I'd much rather see some other kind of buff, like being able to hack allied heroes for some kind of buff or something else that doesn't promote her this much. Sombra is so close to being meta already: if she can reliably disable people instead of being interruptable (which is what the current hack speed allows), then we're in for a very painful and un-fun metagame.

Why exactly?

Health pack control and ult generation is a large part of her kit. It's not awkward, it's just that almost no one knows about it.

I encountered a Sombra main in Competitive that explained the mechanic, and that almost instantly changed how I interacted with Sombra players, from running back to healers when low health to kiting around health packs, particularly with tank characters like Winston and D.Va.

Instead of getting rid of it completely, how about reduce the amount of ult charge gained, and make it more abundantly clear in-game that it provides Sombra ult charge -- something like a "+10 Fire, obtained hacked health pack" so that more people know about it?
I am so happy for these changes.

However, are you guys looking at stealth as well? will it still be the same? or are you guys thinking of lowering the delay of going in and out of it?
That's weird, it's still healing...

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

Shouldn't it also disable Reaper's passive?