HIDDEN SOMBRA CHANGES in NEW PATCH

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 26 Next
02/08/2018 01:06 PMPosted by ĔǾŊ
Enjoy it? The only way she got ult was from hacked packs.

If this is true and intentional, I've lost massive amounts of faith in Blizzard for how they don't understand the roles their own heroes fill.

focus on "the only way"

so close minded
"No longer gains ult from health pack healing" is ridiculous. Try subtly decreasing ult charge rate instead of wrecking another character.
OMG that genji hack is amazing. Still total BS that this wasn't publicly stated.
02/08/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Potdog
Is the smaller spread in the game at the moment?

Yup and it along with the reduced Hack cast time feel pretty amazing.
[quote="207602288243"]Enjoy it? The only way she got ult was from hacked packs.

If this is true and intentional, I've lost massive amounts of faith in Blizzard for how they don't understand the roles their own heroes fill.

What? You serious how about actually shooting people and get ult that way?
02/08/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman

* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Genji - Double Jump/Wall Climb
Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Lucio - currently running Crossfade song will be disabled
Mercy - Angelic Descent

I think this is honestly overkill. Everyone rejoices that it would counter Genji, but it would also harm the other heroes here as well. I honestly hope these changes don't make the cut. Honestly, Sombra needed the spread reduction and faster hack is definitely fair, but disabling every movement ability... Lucio wouldnt be able to speed boost or heal at all, he would literally just be able to do nothing but dps. Pharah and Mercy cant hover, so they would be a very easy target.

I think this shouldn't be the direction for Sombra, it would feel awful to play against. Sombra's current play-style is fun, I enjoy it a lot. I think this would not even make her fun for me to play, it would just feel cheap.
This change is so awesome i just played 2 matches and i'm blasted away how much fun sombra is now. Please let this change on the live servers.
A few changes that are being worked on accidentally found their way into the most recent patch. This is unintentional and we're working on removing these.

How do you "accidentally" put something into a patch? Don't you have to intentionally tweak it before making it live?
02/08/2018 03:17 PMPosted by thetruetobi
These changes are going to be very controversial for a lot of people. People have never wanted Sombra on their team but using her packs to charge EMP quickly was a good strategy. Now that your "second healer" facet on certain maps with accessible health packs has been eliminated and has become a pure dps, even fewer people are going to want to Sombra on their team existing tracer that can make the work of dps much better.

Exactly.
All I see on this topic are some Sombra mains in silver/gold being happy about those changes along with some D.Va and Orisa mains :) I wonder why :) :) :)

Meanwhile the Sombra mains in higher elos are actually quite sad about that nerf on her ult.
If she doesn't get ult from healing, then is her only way of getting ult charge through her gun? Hmm.
Maybe we can make her get charge from hacking enemies or better yet, teammates damaging hacked targets gives her ult charge too. That'd make sense to me.
I can see where they are wanting to take her. They want her to hack people more often instead of hacking a big health pack that she will set base on. Because with the buff to hack effecting more abilities, they reduced the spread by 10%, which is another way she gets her ult--by shooting at people.

Though, I think they should have reduced the charge she gets from health packs to maybe %10. Otherwise, there's little to no point in hacking a health pack.

Also, I was hoping they would make it to were EMP would override an enemy health pack again. I miss doing that.
On development you have multiple staging environments so they might have set the wrong stage live.
02/08/2018 03:08 PMPosted by ŦȄŊZƗŊ
If the ult charge nerf goes live there's legit no point playing Sombra for me. Why would I play a hero with such weak dps and that will now take ages to get her ult ?

Guess I'll go back to the old meta slave comps.

Her DPS was never weak, in fact, it's actually quite high, the spread was always the issue and that's now been improved immensely.

And while I do wish they'd just heavily nerf health pack charge so it would still synergize, from the few hours I've played, EMP is still charging extremely fast, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if they end up nerfing her overall ult charge too.
02/08/2018 03:13 PMPosted by ŦȄŊZƗŊ
02/08/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Mitrovarr

She doesn't have a weak DPS with the new spread. She's actually halfway deadly.

You're clueless lol.

Have you actually logged in and tried her?
02/08/2018 03:18 PMPosted by lettucefase
"No longer gains ult from health pack healing" is ridiculous. Try subtly decreasing ult charge rate instead of wrecking another character.

Adapt, Overcome, Improvise
02/08/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Ermor
OMG that genji hack is amazing. Still total BS that this wasn't publicly stated.
I think it's just because it wasn't even supposed to be released yet. Who knows when the PTR with these changes would've went live.
02/08/2018 03:23 PMPosted by JarJarBlue
02/08/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Ermor
I think it's just because it wasn't even supposed to be released yet. Who knows when the PTR with these changes would've went live.

They've specifically stated that it was an accident posting the changes.
A few changes that are being worked on accidentally found their way into the most recent patch. This is unintentional and we're working on removing these.

We're planning on putting up a new PTR soon that has these changes (and more), so consider this a sneak peak.

Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

* No longer gains ult from health pack healing
* Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
* Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s
* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

The idea here is to take some power out of her ult (and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs), and give her more power and usefulness in the rest of her kit.

Please look at Sombra's 'going into' stealth time. It would be so much more useful in more situations, if it could be used without having to translocate away first. I don't think any ability should rely on another ability, in order for it to work effectively.

Sincerely, a Sombra main.
Dev changes in Production 10/10

We're planning on putting up a new PTR soon that has these changes (and more), so consider this a sneak peak.

Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

* No longer gains ult from health pack healing
* Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
* Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

The idea here is to take some power out of her ult (and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs), and give her more power and usefulness in the rest of her kit.

Interesting.
For the most part I agree with the changes, however the complete loss of ult charge on health packs sounds just a tad overkill.
You don't punish supports for healing, so you should punish off supports for healing either.
Granted her ult charge gain was far more then it needed to be, largely because of heal pack abuse.

So consider simply reducing it instead, say by 50% and fiddle with it from there.
She shouldn't get much ult charge from her heal packs, but she should at least get something.

On a separate issue, please for the love of Jeff, could we get a fix to Sombra's UI?
Namely her Translocator timer being center screen. It's a visual dead zone, I can't actually see it there, thus I rarely have any idea how much time I have left.
It's staggering bad design.

Please put the timer in a place it will be seen, like over the skill itself in the lower right hand corner. I actually like to know how long my skills last.