HIDDEN SOMBRA CHANGES in NEW PATCH

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 26 Next
One thing that would be nice would be an increased clip.
02/08/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
A few changes that are being worked on accidentally found their way into the most recent patch. This is unintentional and we're working on removing these.

We're planning on putting up a new PTR soon that has these changes (and more), so consider this a sneak peak.

Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

* No longer gains ult from health pack healing
* Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
* Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s
* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Genji - Double Jump/Wall Climb
Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Lucio - currently running Crossfade song will be disabled
Mercy - Angelic Descent

The idea here is to take some power out of her ult (and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs), and give her more power and usefulness in the rest of her kit.

Please don't do that to Lucio. Thats very unfair unless you also make it disable Zenyatta's orbs and Moira's heal. Its just gonna dumpster him. Hack happens so fast that theres practically no counterplay, so its just going to make Lucio useless against a sombra. She already hard counters his Ult, do we really need to make her hard counter the entire hero?
02/08/2018 03:46 PMPosted by RDDFabi
Okay I see. Sombra shifts more into being a regular dps then. But hacking health packs is then useless, because you take ult charge from your supports. Sombra should gain a little ult charge from it, or this ability will just hurt your team in the long run with ult managment. This change seems not really tought trough.

I do think she should still gain charge from hacked packs, but hopefully they’ll compensate with charge from hacking enemies. Regardless, hacking healthpacks won’t be useless since you’re taking potential healing from the enemy team.
I just tested out the hot fixed sombra. Can anyone else confirm that she is bugged? I can't seem to build ult from health packs??
02/08/2018 03:53 PMPosted by ǴǾDDĔŜŜ
I just tested out the hot fixed sombra. Can anyone else confirm that she is bugged? I can't seem to build ult from health packs??

that's the nerf ^.^
02/08/2018 03:46 PMPosted by RDDFabi
Okay I see. Sombra shifts more into being a regular dps then. But hacking health packs is then useless, because you take ult charge from your supports. Sombra should gain a little ult charge from it, or this ability will just hurt your team in the long run with ult managment.

This is my biggest concern. Sombra is run in place of a second healer not because she's a healer but because she steals very important ult charge from a second healer. I think reducing the heal ult charge by 1/3 or even 1/4 is pretty good.
sombra's hack is pretty much hook 4.0, if u get hit by it you're a sitting duck waiting to die esp if you're pharah/genji now. gg on making a solid hero overpowered.
02/08/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Quasicrystal
One thing that would be nice would be an increased clip.

WutFace

Sombra has a massive clip for how small her spread is and how much damage she can do in a single clip
Sombra has turned into Solider 76.

Sombra is fine the, only reason people complain is because she is difficult to play. Her hacking speed was fine as well, you just had to use it before entering fight.
And her hack blocking passives is stupidly overpowered. Shes effectively a counter to nearly half of the heroes now.
The hacked health kits not giving her ult charge is also a terrible change, Sombras ult is the fastest charging ult in the game and definitely is one of the strongest in the game, the fact that it charges so fast is something that when removed changes the hero completely for the worse.

*A buff that you could use that would change her for beginners is make it so her
invisibility cannot be interrupted when she takes damage. instead she would
flicker for a second similar to when she bumps into people and gets revealed for
a bit.
*When translocater is used the after effects that appear dont point in the direction where her translocater is. This would make it so she is able to stay behind enemy lines undetected easier, like the stealth hero she is.

This change definitely kills what makes Sombra unlike and different. Please of behalf of every Sombra main do not carry through with this terrible change.
A few changes that are being worked on accidentally found their way into the most recent patch. This is unintentional and we're working on removing these.

We're planning on putting up a new PTR soon that has these changes (and more), so consider this a sneak peak.

Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

The idea here is to take some power out of her ult (and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs), and give her more power and usefulness in the rest of her kit.

I think yess, but it seems a bit odd that they mentioned Crossfade but not Wallride. So part of me thinks no.
02/08/2018 03:21 PMPosted by kosaba11

How do you "accidentally" put something into a patch? Don't you have to intentionally tweak it before making it live?

They accidentally put PTR changes into the live client. These changes were supposed to be on the PTR first.
02/08/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Maddoctor
sombra's hack is pretty much hook 4.0, if u get hit by it you're a sitting duck waiting to die esp if you're pharah/genji now. gg on making a solid hero overpowered.
Triggered Gengu main count: 1
02/08/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Eddimame
Its discount tracer
It makes her an anti-flanker. She's a better Tracer counter (hacks are faster, more likely to finish before Tracer Blinks or Recalls). She's a better Genji counter (disables most of his kit). She's a better Pharah and Pharmercy counter (can knock them out of the sky). She's even a better Lucio counter (can fully disable his auras) for when Lucio gets a little overambitious. None of these heroes needed nerfs, but they all needed better counters. Well, now they have one.

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

Any thoughts on making successful hacking on enemies contribute ult charge?

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

I like the changes but she should become more a team fighter not a flanker like genji or tracer, if you want to nerf tracer do it directly please

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

I like the changes to her hack, but the ult charge from health packs has felt integral to her play and removing it also means Soldier shouldn't get ult charge from healing, same with Roadhog, Bastion, and other characters.

Just my two cents.
It feels easier now to sustain charge from just damaging your opponents up close then teleport out when it gets too heavy. The changes feel fine and hacking packs faster makes it harder for the enemy team to grab em.
just curious, how will sombra get ult charge if you remove it completely. sombra right now isnt supposed to be in the middle of the fight. Whatever you do, make sombra great again
02/08/2018 04:03 PMPosted by CaptGreentoe
Triggered Gengu main count: 1

How will they be able to hide their head hit box now without double jump screwing up the hit boxes! Oh the humanity! /s

If this change makes it off the ptr I’d be surprised. Genji defence force mobilisation will be swift and will come in large numbers.
I just tested her, she's so good, and her gameplay is more agressive.
And btw, sombra was not a healer, and she'll never be !