HIDDEN SOMBRA CHANGES in NEW PATCH

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
02/09/2018 02:10 AMPosted by madfenix
02/09/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Piff

I think only double jump will be disabled.

disable any use of button

should jumping be one of it?

No. Same goes to pushing wasd, you won’t stay like a sitting duck
All those changes .... i was talking about Overwatch is still an EARYL ACCESS GAME and there is so much work to do till its an enjoyable game ... thanks for starting to make this game more playable now ... we just need a function to create working TEAMCOMBS. If there are less ranked games where i need to choose between beeing the only tank or being the only healer ... i maybe will come back to this game.
02/09/2018 02:20 AMPosted by bussdee
we just need a function to create working TEAMCOMBS

We need to ask if they have any plans of adding in a clan system.
Sombra should NEVER disable wallride. Sorry, that's just how it is.
To be clear - she didn't get a "damage buff".

If Sombra was being played right, her damage is not going to increase from before. The spread decrease was really only so Sombra can hit a target really far away sooner when they are really low health so will hit them sooner to kill them. (speaking from experience)

In fact her accuracy will slightly decrease in upclose fights, which is what she really excels at. (for example, now its been a bit harder to kill a Zen when you sneak up behind him, as it usually easier to do so when u are way up close to him, in order so he doesn't kill you quickly as it is harder for him to hit you being that close while ur moving around. it is harder to track a moving player closer to you with a more accurate weapon)

Sombra has always been able to win 1v1 against many heros, including tanks like roadhog before. This is not going to change that.

What will increase her overall damage output slightly is the faster hack time, as it allows her to spend more time shooting in the log run.

But her "burst" damage will remain the same, it is already powerful enough.
02/09/2018 02:24 AMPosted by HotJuice

Not bias at all :)
02/09/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Zeron

If Sombra was being played right, her damage is not going to increase from before. The spread decrease was really only so Sombra can hit a target really far away sooner when they are really low health so will hit them sooner to kill them. (speaking from experience)

In fact her accuracy will slightly decrease in upclose fights, which is what she really excels at. (for example, now its been a bit harder to kill a Zen when you sneak up behind him, as it usually easier to do so when u are way up close to him, in order so he doesn't kill you quickly as it is harder for him to hit you being that close while ur moving around. it is harder to track a moving player closer to you with a more accurate weapon)

Sombra has always been able to win 1v1 against many heros, including tanks like roadhog before. This is not going to change that.

What will increase her overall damage output slightly is the faster hack time, as it allows her to spend more time shooting in the log run.

That's some nice points, however hack is faster and stronger now so if you manage to hack Zen he won't be able to discord you.

Also, fighting Tracers and Genjis up close was never a good idea, so 10% spread reduction will probably help you deal with them after you hack them.

I think you'll be able to be more bold in 1v1s but only time will tell for sure.
Hello Geoff Goodman,

I'm very interested in these changes and are happy to test them out. However removing health pack ultimate gain can be a huge adjustment for savy yet frugal people who like their ultimate economy.

While I do like the idea of earning EMP from medkits, what will happen for her ultimate gain? And how will the teams adjustment work in terms of ultimately economy? I understand that it will take more skill to gain ultimate since she has to shoot to gain, but instead of using medkits for free health and ultimate gain someone as frugal as I will instead insist a healer to heal me so they gain ultimate charge, and have them complain that I should heal myself.

So my questions is how is ultimate gain playing now? Does emp charge take longer to build? I'd suggest to make her still gain a minor amount of charge from health packs since she does need to reset and should be rewarded to keep the ultimate economy flowing.
02/08/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Crypticarts
02/08/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Mitrovarr

It was only ever on PC.

It was on xbox as well, I tested both Mei's and Sombra's changes

Mei too? Yes, it was on Xbox. I was eating tracers with rapid hacks. I was happy.. lol
* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Genji - Double Jump/Wall Climb

Yes... YES.... YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. Sombra already is one of the most balanced hero in the game. Any buffs can easily make her OP, especially if it was a damage increase.

This is why they are doing this. She is being nerfed with the EMP charge, and also slightly nerfed with the spread reduction.

STOP
IMHO the biggest deal here is that Sombra will be a hard counter to Pharmercy. Her pickrate will go up and stay up I believe.
02/09/2018 03:10 AMPosted by toop
IMHO the biggest deal here is that Sombra will be a hard counter to Pharmercy. Her pickrate will go up and stay up I believe.

EMP will be the « don’t get back up » to this strat :)
02/09/2018 02:47 AMPosted by DrAwesome
Hello Geoff Goodman,

I'm very interested in these changes and are happy to test them out. However removing health pack ultimate gain can be a huge adjustment for savy yet frugal people who like their ultimate economy.

While I do like the idea of earning EMP from medkits, what will happen for her ultimate gain? And how will the teams adjustment work in terms of ultimately economy? I understand that it will take more skill to gain ultimate since she has to shoot to gain, but instead of using medkits for free health and ultimate gain someone as frugal as I will instead insist a healer to heal me so they gain ultimate charge, and have them complain that I should heal myself.

So my questions is how is ultimate gain playing now? Does emp charge take longer to build? I'd suggest to make her still gain a minor amount of charge from health packs since she does need to reset and should be rewarded to keep the ultimate economy flowing.
You'll still use hacked health packs to translocate to ad an escape. That will keep you more productive unless you're sticking very close to your team performing a direct damage dealing role. Avoiding healthpacks would be too limiting to be the optimal ult charging strategy.
The health pack change seems a bit harsh. Is it a bug or a nerf?
02/09/2018 02:33 AMPosted by Piff
02/09/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Zeron

That's some nice points, however hack is faster and stronger now so if you manage to hack Zen he won't be able to discord you.

Also, fighting Tracers and Genjis up close was never a good idea, so 10% spread reduction will probably help you deal with them after you hack them.

I think you'll be able to be more bold in 1v1s but only time will tell for sure.

Thing is, you can always hack a zen even before the faster hack time lol cause hes easy to sneak upon.

Hes just harder to hit now unless ur a bit further away, which means he has an easier time hitting you too now.

I always did suggest that if sombra needs a buff, to just decrease the hack cast time. Otherwise a damage buff would make her OP.

The faster hack time is to be able to hack a resurrection, for example, as it always seemed it was a split second to late, amongst other things.
02/09/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Pigeon

its fine. In fact, it should be that way so it cant be abused.
02/09/2018 03:10 AMPosted by toop

She already is a "counter".

You can hack pharah and kill her, as Sombra is hitscan. Pharah is pretty easy for a Sombra who knows what they are doing.

Otherwise, hacking Mercy has always been deadly to her as she cant fly away.
02/09/2018 02:24 AMPosted by HotJuice

yes, I kinda agree with this. But I don't think it will.

I also don't think a hack will make Pharah drop instantly as many people will belive. It would be way to powerful.

I don't think the hack will change from its current form to the new from when it comes to Pharah.

Its fine the way it is now and can handicap a Pharah from flying away further form Sombras or other heros range.
02/09/2018 03:42 AMPosted by Pigeon

Top 500s used Sombra with hacked health packs, they'd deliberately get 'chip damage' and use the pack a lot, repeatedly, in a very short period leading to her getting ult extremely fast. It wasn't something you would see in games outside of top 500, but it was a thing.

Hacked health pack use out of top 500 is minimal so I would imagine most people wouldn't notice a change there.