HIDDEN SOMBRA CHANGES in NEW PATCH

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
02/08/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
A few changes that are being worked on accidentally found their way into the most recent patch. This is unintentional and we're working on removing these.

We're planning on putting up a new PTR soon that has these changes (and more), so consider this a sneak peak.

Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

* No longer gains ult from health pack healing
* Weapon Spread decreased by 10%
* Hacking speed increased from 0.8s to 0.65s
* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Genji - Double Jump/Wall Climb
Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Lucio - currently running Crossfade song will be disabled
Mercy - Angelic Descent

The idea here is to take some power out of her ult (and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs), and give her more power and usefulness in the rest of her kit.

Is that self-healing from health packs, or does that include allies using health packs as well?
Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

I've been pushing for this for almost a year, if giving up healing-based ult charge is the price then I'll accept your bargain.
02/08/2018 01:50 PMPosted by Alexarius

* Hacking will disable more abilities. Basically any ability that requires a button press will also be disabled. Here is a list:

Hanzo - Wall Climb
I hope that in this update Hanzo will also be able to shoot his foot to end his now even more miserable life.

This along with whatever scatter changes they're planning...Hanzo will literally be unplayable, especially when he's in danger of a Sombra hacking one of his ONLY escapes. So if they nerf scatter or take it away and Sombra can HACK WALL CLIMB, You will have at least one hero consistently getting more harassed than he already is. At least with scatter, people think twice about screwing with him.
02/08/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Stunlaw
She's going to be a scary assassin after this. Mercy better hide.

If she did they would rework her again tho.

/s
Many may be cheering on these buffs on now, but with the direction they seem to be taking her she might just become an alternative to Tracer that counters Tracer.

I just really hope that her buffs will not make her just as frustrating to deal with / difficult to counter as Tracer is if the player knows what they're doing. That hacking speed in particular is bothering me, since it seems to require a really fast reaction to do anything about it if she sneaks up on you (like a tracer would).
02/08/2018 01:50 PMPosted by djwaglmuffin
---
Hanzo - Wall Climb

Wait.
What?
Cyber agility I GUESS makes sense since Genji has the whole cyborg thing going and, hence, hacking HIM might prevent whatever his cybersuit allows him to do...but wall climb!? Why can she hack WALL CLIMB when all you gotta do is JUMP AT THE WALL.

So does this mean that Hanzo and Genji won't be able to JUMP? At all? Why not take jump away from everyone then?

Honestly, that's the silliest thing I've ever seen.
She can't hack S76's Tactical Visor or even interrupt it with EMP...so yeah, throw logic out the window.
The change to health packs is great IMO. It makes her way less of an EMP bot and it was basically luck whether or not you could farm EMP or not.

The tighter spread should help gain EMP now by damage!
NICE!!! The one gripe I had in Sombra's design was that the healthpack Ult charge mechanic just felt tacky. Otherwise almost everything else (large spread included) felt super good. I'm excited to see the devs see eye to eye on this.
02/08/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Pokono
02/08/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Stunlaw
She's going to be a scary assassin after this. Mercy better hide.

If she did they would rework her again tho.

/s
No. They said they didnt want her to be an assassin a year ago, times have changed buddy. Our girl is coming after you guys in the shadows....
Time to give up on mercy and become a sombra main. Like a jedi turned sith.
If it's going to shut down so many movement abilities, please make hack enviro kills display properly
02/08/2018 01:50 PMPosted by djwaglmuffin
---
Hanzo - Wall Climb

Wait.
What?
Cyber agility I GUESS makes sense since Genji has the whole cyborg thing going and, hence, hacking HIM might prevent whatever his cybersuit allows him to do...but wall climb!? Why can she hack WALL CLIMB when all you gotta do is JUMP AT THE WALL.

So does this mean that Hanzo and Genji won't be able to JUMP? At all? Why not take jump away from everyone then?

Honestly, that's the silliest thing I've ever seen.

Don't be ignorant, it disables PASSIVES, is regular jumping like any other hero a passive? No, don't be silly.
(and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs),

What. What's awkward?
A few changes that are being worked on accidentally found their way into the most recent patch. This is unintentional and we're working on removing these.

We're planning on putting up a new PTR soon that has these changes (and more), so consider this a sneak peak.

Here are the complete changes (so far) for Sombra that we are looking to test out soon:

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

The idea here is to take some power out of her ult (and awkwardness of ult gain through health packs), and give her more power and usefulness in the rest of her kit.

While these changes are interesting, please consider simply reducing the Ultimate charge from Health packs. If you remove it entirely, Hacking health packs will be more of a liability than anything else and remove a lot of flexibility from Sombra.

And tbh, while I'm happy to wait and see, I think buffing both her gun and extending Hack to passives will be a bit much. Faster Hacking speed would be lovely though.

Maybe consider looking more at simply smoothing out her playstyle though? She really doesn't need anything too extreme like the passive buff (which would probably make the community despise her), her issues are mostly with how clunky Thermoptic Camo and Hack is.
W-wait.. something to actually hinder genji? THANK YOU
02/08/2018 01:32 PMPosted by DrinkPepsi

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

Thanks for clearing this up! Those changes sound good. I still wouldn't remove ult charge from hp packs tho :)

Giving her that and not removing ult charge from HP packs would be busted lol. EMP meta inc
02/08/2018 01:43 PMPosted by heyyVirus
02/08/2018 01:41 PMPosted by SiROSTRiKE
The healthpack change shouldn't happen, but everything else is great!
The whole point of these buffs are to take power away from her EMP and give her more power in her actual kit, if they didn't nerf her EMP she would still be an EMP bot, just a very OP one. Its a good comprimise that will balance her out for the good changes she'll get to her abilities.

I'm saying they shouldn't take away ALL ult gain from healing. Not that it shouldn't be decreased slightly.

No one was really complaining about Sombra so i'm wondering why she got nerfed but other news sounds good. The ult charge is a very quintessential part of her character and when you take that away, it makes her near un-viable in any foreseeable meta.

Excuse me? Sombra had the second lowest winrate in almost every tier. I can't know what you and your surroundings play, but as a main i certainly know a lot of people that think she was underbalanced.
02/08/2018 01:58 PMPosted by SiROSTRiKE
02/08/2018 01:43 PMPosted by heyyVirus
...The whole point of these buffs are to take power away from her EMP and give her more power in her actual kit, if they didn't nerf her EMP she would still be an EMP bot, just a very OP one. Its a good comprimise that will balance her out for the good changes she'll get to her abilities.

I'm saying they shouldn't take away ALL ult gain from healing. Not that it shouldn't be decreased slightly.
Gotta see what happens, if Sombra is melting people too fast now having that constant ult may have been too much.

Pharah - Hover Jets
Hanzo - Wall Climb
Mercy - Angelic Descent

Please please keep these on live right now. Sombra needed these changes so desperately, and they make her so much more fun to play!