so instantly capping the flag is the worst idea

General Discussion
I've never played such a cancerous trash can of a game mode in my life, it is genuinely the worst thing I have ever seen. Honestly who at blizzard thought this idea was good in the slightest. This is actually the worst thing in the history of first person shooters
I can come up with a worse idea.
If you die while carrying the flag, you die in real life.
if you dont like it then dont play it
02/08/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Zalev

Bad idea. Loss of potential loot box buyers.
02/08/2018 09:43 PMPosted by starburns
I've never played such a cancerous trash can of a game mode in my life, it is genuinely the worst thing I have ever seen. Honestly who at blizzard thought this idea was good in the slightest. This is actually the worst thing in the history of first person shooters

I agree. One second the flag is right in front you the next it’s already in the other teams area. Bye-bye flag you’ll be missed.

Not only that the idiots that defend these !@#$ing terrible decisions is staggering.
So you prefer having to stand right next to the enemy spawn and not take damage for an hour before yo can pick up the flag?
02/08/2018 09:50 PMPosted by MrFluffyFace
So you prefer having to stand right next to the enemy spawn and not take damage for an hour before yo can pick up the flag?

Better than having it wisked away with no chance of getting back.
Nah, new CTF is way better than the old CTF.
02/08/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Zalev

sounds good to me.
02/08/2018 09:51 PMPosted by FunkyPants

You can use your abilities and they can't. just kill them, or bait them into dropping it.
02/08/2018 09:57 PMPosted by MrFluffyFace

You can use your abilities and they can't. just kill them, or bait them into dropping it.

“Because that always, always works.”
Instant capping is necessary because Torbmetra everywhere
02/08/2018 09:58 PMPosted by FunkyPants
<span class="truncated">...</span>

“Because that always, always works.”
it doesn't always fail either.

Except that is exactly what would happen before. Winston jumps on flag, throws down shield, picks it up, jumps away, GG other team holes up with nothing but defense and now you lose.
02/08/2018 10:00 PMPosted by InvaWalker

Except that is exactly what would happen before. Winston jumps on flag, throws down shield, picks it up, jumps away, GG other team holes up with nothing but defense and now you lose.

Prett°Y° much the most anno°Y°ing tactic in old CTF. In this new °V°ersion the flag carrier can't use mobilit°Y° abilities, gi°V°ing °Y°ou plent°Y° of time to kill them. The biggest problem now is Lúcio with his passi°V°e speed boost and wall climb.

Also... reall°Y°?
I've never played such a cancerous trash can of a game mode in my life, This is actually the worst thing in the history of first person shooters

°Y°ou can also pick up the flag immediatel°Y° in alot of other games, such as TF2, and it's much more fun this wa°Y°.
I don't know what to say here.

You're just wrong.
Can't tell if troll or just really naive...
02/08/2018 09:43 PMPosted by starburns

If you couldn't get the flag pack even tho the flag holder can't use any of his moving abilities then It's your fault
Instant flag pickup and cap has been a staple of CTF games for decades!

The only thing that annoys me is that it's not instant return. Standing around for a few seconds while the enemt can still pick up instantly is really grim.

I'd also prefer it if flags could only be capped if your own flag is on its base point.
I just wish that lucio was unaffected by his own speed aura whilst carrying the flag.

Considering that noone else can use their movement abilities it seems a little unfair he still can. It also means that they only strategy is "pocket lucio whilst he runs for his life."