Uprising

General Discussion
Does anyone else really want to play uprising right now or is it just me?
Edit: They should add a system like the arcade that is a collection of lore based PVE games. If we keep asking the devs for something like that, they may respond, probably not.
It isn't just you because you're not the only one in the world that has a single valid thought compared to everyone else that plays the game.

It's like, is it just me or does anyone else hate Genji? Well, yah, other people do too.

It's not unique.

js
I don't know, Boston Uprising are really good. I love watching them play, but they'd just steamroll any team that I was on.

In all seriousness though, yes. Very much so. I loved Uprising, and I really hope they outdo it this year. PvE is some of my favorite content in this game.
No, I would hate to play Uprising. Their roster is stacked.
02/12/2018 09:20 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
It isn't just you because you're not the only one in the world that has a single valid thought compared to everyone else that plays the game.

It's like, is it just me or does anyone else hate Genji? Well, yah, other people do too.

It's not unique.

js
It's a figure of speech in order to ask a question and get a conversation started...

Don't be a jerk.
02/12/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Rivini
Show your support:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760936319

That's an awful idea. If Uprising was around year around, it would get old REALLY fast and would no longer feel special.

I want to keep the event modes tied to the events.
02/12/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Rythix
It's a figure of speech in order to ask a question and get a conversation started...

Don't be a jerk.

Not being a jerk. It's called being realistic. If you ask a question, and it's on the more silly side of things, plan on getting a silly response to said question.

Who's really the jerk here though? The one answering the silly question. Or the one calling someone else a jerk?
02/12/2018 09:25 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
02/12/2018 09:23 PMPosted by Rivini
Show your support:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760936319

That's an awful idea. If Uprising was around year around, it would get old REALLY fast and would no longer feel special.

I want to keep the event modes tied to the events.
They could add more than one gamemode that always has a new twist on PVE in overwatch, maybe one game you play as a bunch of D.VAs and you have to fight a giant mech in south korea, like a boss fight but on a very large scale. They could also change the event each year, one year it could be about the omnic crisis, another year could be about one of Roadhog and Junkrat's heists.
02/12/2018 09:28 PMPosted by INeedAName
They could add more than one gamemode that always has a new twist on PVE in overwatch, maybe one game you play as a bunch of D.VAs and you have to fight a giant mech in south korea, like a boss fight but on a very large scale.

Doesn't matter what they add. My point still remains valid. There aren't that many PvE based games that last very long. Your longevity games are PvP or games that are boosted by the community, ie mods.

Example: PvE based game like Skyrim still has a healthy market of people playing it. But, it's heavily boosted by the community that makes mods. You can basically do whatever you want in that game.

If a PvE mode was added permanently in Overwatch, it would go stale very quickly. Like, within a month quickly. Because it's not designed to have a PvE mode so thus it wouldn't change from it's original introduction to the rest of the game. What keeps these modes fun is the rarity we get to play them. I LOVE Junkenstein's Revenge, but towards the end of the event I've had about as much as I can take with it.
02/12/2018 09:31 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
02/12/2018 09:28 PMPosted by INeedAName
They could add more than one gamemode that always has a new twist on PVE in overwatch, maybe one game you play as a bunch of D.VAs and you have to fight a giant mech in south korea, like a boss fight but on a very large scale.

Doesn't matter what they add. My point still remains valid. There aren't that many PvE based games that last very long. Your longevity games are PvP or games that are boosted by the community, ie mods.

Example: PvE based game like Skyrim still has a healthy market of people playing it. But, it's heavily boosted by the community that makes mods. You can basically do whatever you want in that game.

If a PvE mode was added permanently in Overwatch, it would go stale very quickly. Like, within a month quickly. Because it's not designed to have a PvE mode so thus it wouldn't change from it's original introduction to the rest of the game. What keeps these modes fun is the rarity we get to play them. I LOVE Junkenstein's Revenge, but towards the end of the event I've had about as much as I can take with it.
You bring up a very valid point that I completely respect and kind of agree with. I see the pve gamemodes as side things that players could play if there bored of playing the pvp gamemodes but still want something to do in overwatch besides custom games. Players could also play pve on the normal mode (or maybe even an easy mode if they add one) if they are tilted by competetive play and want to cool down. Players could also use pve to warm up before comp if they dont want to risk getting tilted by losing quick play or deathmatch.
Does anyone know why the Dev team haven't implemented a pve gamemode that is year-round despite a lot of fans loving pve in overwatch?
02/12/2018 09:39 PMPosted by INeedAName
Players could also play pve on the normal mode (or maybe even an easy mode if they add one) if they are tilted by competetive play and want to cool down. Players could also use pve to warm up before comp if they dont want to risk getting tilted by losing quick play or deathmatch.

It would be abused. Just like it already is during the events where people actually are able to very easily get past the mode.

Let me use Junkenstein again as an example.

During the last of the time frame with the Halloween event, you see a HUGE peak in "interest" of JR's Revenge. Not because people area wanting to play it till it's gone. No, but because it's easy to get your loot boxes that way. Uprising is the same way. I got Expert last year through blood, sweat, and tears but towards the end of it I played a lot of Easy. Why? VERY easy loot boxes.

I looked at my own theory back then. I que'd up for modes to analyze their wait times. Pretty much all of them (beyond Mayhem because we all seem to love that one) had extra long wait times. So, just having that mode there for that short amount of time had almost killed off the other modes entirely. I planned on doing the same test once they fix CTF and Lucio this year, but since they took away the wait time on the counter, I really can't. Well, I could, but I'm lazy.

So, yah, like I said it sounds good in principle but it would be a game changer for the rest of it. If it's too easy to go through, people would just do it for the easy and free loot boxes. No conflict to get them. No challenge. Might as well just hand it to us then. In turn, it makes the PvE mode un-original and has now lost it's purpose of being there when originally it had purpose to be with Uprising, or any other event for that matter.

Or, it ruins the other game modes to have them played very little beyond the people that love certain modes, like Deathmatch.
02/12/2018 09:20 PMPosted by DrgHybrid

It's not unique.

js

Is it just me, or does it cost absolutely 0 dollars to not be rude to people for no reason? No, it isn't! Plenty of other people think it - sit down and learn some respect.

Anyway, I agree - I miss Uprising greatly and I'll be very excited for its return. I never got tired of the PVP.
02/12/2018 09:46 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
VERY easy loot boxes.
There is a simple solution to this problem, don't give players lootboxes for winning x amount of games like the arcade. Instead you would just get exp from the games, not lootboxes. Also the easier the game is then the less exp you would gain. For example if you win on the normal difficulty, then you would gain 25% or 50% exp that you would earn if this feature wasn't implemented. If you beat the game on legendary then you would receive 100% or maybe even 125% of the exp you would earn if the feature wasn't implemented. as for the specific percentages, that's for the devs to decide.
02/12/2018 09:46 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
VERY easy loot boxes.

So?

Is there a problem with having a fast, convenient method of obtaining the arcade boxes each week so people can get back to the main game quicker?

Should we always have to put up with the modes we have now with their terrible matchmaking and accompanying toxicity?

Can people not have a fun PvE mode because they like it better than the game's PvP?

What conflict is there for people to have an alternate means of grinding experience solely for cosmetics?

Not a valid reason to not have a single PvE mode year round.

Also, I played Uprising and Junkenstein's Revenge as much as I did because they are fun modes. It's not only about loot boxes.
If you could add any pve gamemode to overwatch, what would it be?
I'm not really that excited but i can't wait to see what new stuff they will bring us. Since i'm "new" (started playing 2017 summer) i never got a chance to experiense uprising. Sooo i'm looking forward to even getting the old stuff.

I'm totally going to get widowmaker, mccree, orisa & genjis skins. But i still want to know what the new stuff will be! I can't wait!
I wish we could have at least one permanent PvE mode. I don't really care which one, please just give us something :(