5 Shocking Ways to Get Punished/Banned

Competitive Discussion
5. Complaining about a Hero Pick
If you use statements like "gg", "we lost thanks to hanzo", "no chance with this team", and other doom and gloom statements then you can be reported and banned under the category "Bad Teamwork"

4. Typing In Match/Team text chat
If you are stopping to type out messages, and are caught doing it when you are not dead or between rounds then you can be reported and banned under the category "Inactivity"

3. Sharing your Twitch/Stream Feed Link
Just as it says, simply doing this can get you reported and muted in text and voice chat, even prevent you from joining the channels, under the category "Spam"

2. Personal Conversations
Not the TMI type, but just talking to your friends on voice chat about something other than overwatch is reportable when it occurs during the game. If non-game related talking prevents a player from hearing in-game sounds it is reportable and could result in you being muted in text/voice chats and prevented from joining them under the category of "Spam"

1. Reporting Another Player
YEP! You can be banned for falsely reporting players. If you report a player for invalid reasons, or too early in the game to commit a violation you could be the one who gets banned. There is no action needed from any player as this is being tracked and picked up by Blizzard with resulting player bans.
02/06/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Healer
If you use statements like "gg", "we lost thanks to hanzo", "no chance with this team", and other doom and gloom statements then you can be reported and banned under the category "Bad Teamwork"

If you are stopping to type out messages, and are caught doing it when you are not dead or between rounds then you can be reported and banned under the category "Inactivity"

Just as it says, simply doing this can get you reported and muted in text and voice chat, even prevent you from joining the channels, under the category "Spam"

Not the TMI type, but just talking to your friends on voice chat about something other than overwatch is reportable when it occurs during the game. If non-game related talking prevents a player from hearing in-game sounds it is reportable and could result in you being muted in text/voice chats and prevented from joining them under the category of "Spam"

YEP! You can be banned for falsely reporting players. If you report a player for invalid reasons, or too early in the game to commit a violation you could be the one who gets banned. There is no action needed from any player as this is being tracked and picked up by Blizzard with resulting player bans.

Have you ever read the TOS?! They can do what ever they want.
02/06/2018 10:09 PMPosted by Healer

smh :(
Banning for False reporting I agree with. You should know better.
Don't forget that actively trying to clean up the community is also bannable.

If your teammate is trolling, and you ask the enemy team to report, you , as defined by blizzard and their actions, deem you to be more toxic than the player losing on purpose. Despite the fact that you are trying to clean up the community, the negative action of calling out a troll and another person is > than the troll himself. SO suffer in silence or you will be banned for being a decent human being.
How exactly do they enforce/investigate false reporting?
02/06/2018 10:32 PMPosted by kcb
Don't forget that actively trying to clean up the community is also bannable.

If your teammate is trolling, and you ask the enemy team to report, you , as defined by blizzard and their actions, deem you to be more toxic than the player losing on purpose. Despite the fact that you are trying to clean up the community, the negative action of calling out a troll and another person is > than the troll himself. SO suffer in silence or you will be banned for being a decent human being.

And who are you to decide if He is throwing. In my experience, its usualy 1 player who is not throwing ať all. Just playing bad or hero others who dont understand game are hating. Bs like " report him" is one if the worst things and its ok to be banable.
I already got a chat warning for abusing the widows that sit in the back and watch the point get capped
Nothing "Shocking" there, I agree with all of them.
02/06/2018 10:30 PMPosted by MisAdventure

I make 3-5 reports per match. sometimes more. I start making reports from spawn after I see the picks. I instantly report attack symmetra or people with less than 40% win rate on their picked hero. I truly consider all these examples as poor teamwork.

I am sure nobody likes an attacking symmetra or torb in their team or hanzos,tracers, widows, genjis with less than 40% win rate.

So, I abuse the report feature and I have never been suspended for it.

edit: I am checking all seasons win rate.
02/06/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Novah
How exactly do they enforce/investigate false reporting?

The most notable incident recently involved a player who reported another player at the start of the match. The reporting player claims they knew this player from previous matches but you can not do that. You have to wait for them to violate the rules and then report them.

However, there are less well known incidents, also unconfirmed in this case, where people have been banned for sending in lots of reports for things you can't report on. Such as a person who reports everyone playing one tricks. That person was also banned.
02/07/2018 01:54 AMPosted by adolfie

I make 3-5 reports per match. sometimes more. I start making reports from spawn after I see the picks. I instantly report attack symmetra or people with less than 40% win rate on their picked hero. I truly consider all these examples as poor teamwork.

I am sure nobody likes an attacking symmetra or torb in their team or hanzos,tracers, widows, genjis with less than 40% win rate.

you can report every game... if there is a valid claim. Also, this type of punitive action has only recently started to occur. So watch out if you are reporting for non-reportable things or doing it when they didn't break any rules for that exact match.
02/07/2018 01:54 AMPosted by adolfie

You must be the life of the party everywhere you go
02/06/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Kushanuggy
I already got a chat warning for abusing the widows that sit in the back and watch the point get capped

How exactly do you expect a Widow to contest the point? If all that is preventing a point from being captured is a Widow, she’ll do more standing in the back getting kills than getting shredded on the point.
02/08/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Harmless
02/06/2018 11:39 PMPosted by Kushanuggy

How exactly do you expect a Widow to contest the point? If all that is preventing a point from being captured is a Widow, she’ll do more standing in the back getting kills than getting shredded on the point.

It is the difference between "widow dive on point" said in voice chat at the moment the last tank died and they are the last DPS alive vs "widow you useless sack of [removed] get on the damn point".

I agree with you that Widow should only be on point ahead of basically Ana and Maybe Mercy/Zen. However, even as Ana, who I believe to have priority last boarding on the point, I still get on the point when I need to pull of threat or when EVERYONE is dead. I have won many games where I got on last, as Ana, and held long enough for more people to rejoin the fight. If I am paying attention I then also use that time to slowly back off point as my team regains control. I would expect the same from any Widow. Get on at the last second someone dies, and stay there till someone else gets there to relieve you that is not Ana.
Odds are if you're doing those 5 things enough or in a way to get banned, you probably deserve it.
Yeah, Widow, get on point and survive for 2 seconds. Great tactics.
Number 3 isn't shocking at all. Advertising in game is solicitation and basically spam. Pretty much the same as gold spammers in WoW.
If I had a cookie for every time oblivious children have reported me for inactivity while waiting for my teammates to respawn... I haven't been suspended yet, but it's gotta happen, right...? You could then add it to your list.

Or I could just feed the enemy team to avoid the reports altogether.