Moira is too easy

General Discussion
Moira honestly feels like a mix of Junk and Mercy. Which is fine to some extend, but she feels a bit cheap. Be it the insane healing, reliable easy damage or the best movement ability in the game. She is probably going to define the next meta. And I feel like actually hard heroes like Ana and to a lesser extend Lucio and Zen should be stronger.
Her only counter being a right click by d.va doesn't help.
It's not that big of a deal, simply because she isnt that much better than the other supps like Mercy was, but still, she is too easy to be the strongest Support.
Agreed, but that's kind of how Moira was designed. I don't think she needs any balance changes atm.

Though, it does seem the Supports follow a certain pattern: The easier they are to play, the more impactful they are. Mercy and Moira, easy to play and two of the strongest supports in the game. Ana, Lucio, Zen, harder to play and less impactful.
She honestly is bizarrely easy, ridiculous range with auto aim, an orb you can get a kill with 50 years after throwing, even her healing is piss easy (heh). she isnt ridiculously op or anything, but the rare time I play her I get 5 gold without even trying, it makes me wonder why other healers even exist when she's around honestly.
She is very low skill yeah, even her ult doesn't require particularly good tracking and she has Fade every 6 seconds.

I wish they'd stop making low skill heroes so good (Junkrat, Mercy, now Moira)

Not that Moira is anywhere near as OP as Mercy was, or even Junkrat, but still, she's high reward for pretty low skill
How is that a problem? If you think she is too easy and "feels cheap", don't play her.
Very easy to use
Low skill
Insane healing
Good mobility

Wow all the complaints that mercy had

Only thing Moira has a leg up on is damage.

(LOL a hanzo and genji main)
Look a Genjo/McCree/Hanzo main complaining. Moira tests your aim.
That "aimbot" dmg barely do any dmg at all and u cant heal infinitely with it like with a Mercy. U have to recharge it by doing dmg which is impossible when the enemy have a barrier. Its not op at all, at least it can kill the annoying genji mains. Those are always behind us and hunt down the supports cause noone in the team gives a fck about it. It was about time for a support like that.

Parah is the too easy hero. The whole sky is yours and deal high aoe dmg. It has more mobility than a tracer and usually noone shot at her. Thats the hero which should be nerfed already.
Why is Moira very present at the moment in Meta? Well, simply because the only other two heroes with strong healing are Ana and Mercy. Ana is in the gutters at the moment and Mercy is deemed useless by the many people within the community.

Moira is also harder the higher up in elo you go, It's significantly harder to kill someone in GM/Top 500 when the opposing person can aim and all you have is a flimsy little primary attack.

Moira is one of the first heroes to be released balanced, she is very easy to pick up but she is also very difficult to master due to her nature of CDs, resource metre and low damage. Not to mention her ultimate, it might charge fast but it can also be a death sentence because you can't fade out of danger when using it.

We don't need to scapegoat Moira as an OP hero due to people thinking shes too "ez".

I main Moira, not because I want to in all honesty but because she's the only support I enjoy, Ana doesn't get rewarded enough for her skill input. I got to 4326 SR with Moira, she's not super easy.

EDIT: To also comment on your "The best movement ability in the game", it really isn't. It has no vertical mobility and once its used you're a sitting duck to heroes like Winston, D.va and the flankers because you no longer have your escape, plus they outburst your life steal.

Lastly: Because I could go on forever, her biggest counter isn't "D.va holding right click". Her biggest counter is shields and common sense, she can recharge her heal resource if theres a fat shield in the way.
What all other healers have and Moira lacks is utility. Mercy gives you damage boost and resurrection; Zenyatta gives you Discord and long-range DPS; Lucio gives you speed boost and environmental kills; Ana gives you sleep darts, anti-heal, and even long-range DPS. Moira gives you more DPS than other healers, but that's it.

Moria is basically the opposite of Mercy. Mercy trades away most of her offense for a very strong support toolkit; Moira trades away most of her support toolkit for offense. She isn't garbage, not by a long shot, but a team that chooses her will have to give up something else.
Hitbox on the right click is too generous. I think it should be like Zarya's left click. Then good Moira players will rise above mediocre Moira players.
I just wrote up a rather in-depth post in a different thread on the reasons why healing needs to be easy. Though it was focused on the topic of Mercy rather than Moira, it still applies. See here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761716677#post-14

In summary, if healing were hard it would only be fair to allow healers to out-heal damage dealers, and then nobody would die. Instead, healing is easy but has limited output that is generally lower than incoming damage. So, people are guaranteed to die in prolonged engagements, and as a result the game progresses.

Moira is an interesting hero to look at through this lens since her healing is dependent on her damage, but like her healing her damage output is limited by a fixed number. Like all healers, Moira's skill does not come primarily from the act of healing itself. Rather, her skill requirement can be seen in the balancing act necessary to maintain her resource meter, reach all of her allies without overcommitting using Fade, and make appropriate use of the correct biotic orb given different situations and locations.

Moira has to make many hard strategic choices, but the actual execution of said strategy is mechanically easy and therefore consistent. She still requires skill to play; it's just that the skill that Moira requires--like other healers--differs from the skill required of most damage-dealing heroes.
This is just in: A Genji main complaining about Moira having the best movement ability in the game!
Moira have very small impact if she isn't ignored by an entire enemy team. Her damage is easy to heal, her orb is eaten by D.va, ult have small numbers. Zen is so much stronger
My support senses are tingling... are you a genji main....?
Confirmed.
Her counters are any DPS player with some aiming ability, and to counter her orbs you get a D.va or Genji. Or you simply run away from them (so mobility).
I don't like Moira- she has way too much impact on games imo. Shooting her orbs takes 0 aim and skill and it can damage and weaken an entire team- I had a game where I was racking up elims by just shooting those lame ever bouncing orbs around, plenty of lower health heroes will just get stuck- unable to get away in tight spaces- it's so easy. At least shooting from a distance with Symmetra takes some sense of timing and positioning but- Moira made Symmetra kinda obsolete anyways. Moira just feels a bit too well rounded and effective to me- and her ULT is just lame as well, it's as if they ran out of ideas and just said; let's just give her some stupid beam that both damages AND heals at the same time- being already so well rounded and effective it's kinda lame- compared to a lot of other support heroes ULT's- might as well just delete the entire section and make Moira THE support hero. So go ahead, nerf heroes to the point they become useless and ineffective and then throw in a hero like Moira to make them obsolete entirely.
IDK. I've picked her up recently, and she takes A LOT of situational awareness and knowledge when do and when do not do things.

And her orbs are the embodiment of "trash" damage.
02/08/2018 03:32 AMPosted by BurrSir
What all other healers have and Moira lacks is utility. Mercy gives you damage boost and resurrection; Zenyatta gives you Discord and long-range DPS; Lucio gives you speed boost and environmental kills; Ana gives you sleep darts, anti-heal, and even long-range DPS. Moira gives you more DPS than other healers, but that's it.

Moria is basically the opposite of Mercy. Mercy trades away most of her offense for a very strong support toolkit; Moira trades away most of her support toolkit for offense. She isn't garbage, not by a long shot, but a team that chooses her will have to give up something else.

Moira gives consistent and very powerful AOE healing though, and self-survivability. Which, when you look at Ana or Zen, is an important thing after all.
Edit: Sorry for the slight typo with 30dps. It is actually 50. My point still stands.

Junk and mercy. I'm sorry, what?

1. Insane healing: She operates on a resource meter, and playing her as a single healer is almost always a bad idea.

2. Easy damage: Say it with me now guys, 50 DPS. She already has the lowest damage in the game, what else do you want to do to it?

3. Best movement: ???? Are you forgetting that genji,tracer,dva,winston,pharah,soldier, and lucio exist?

4. Only counter being a right click by dva? What about a soldier, pharah, junkrat or anyone else who can melt her down fast? If her fade is on cooldown she is easily killable.

5. Best healer? Not really. She is a very solid one, but there is a reason that other healers are used alongside her.

This has to be a troll post.