Reaper is fine but yet underpowered

General Discussion
Because of Tracer and Genji being in every single game, his two ultimate hard-counters.

These two heroes are making it too hard for other heroes too. They mess up the balance a lot tbh.

What can Blizzard do to make them less appealing without making them unplayable?
give his shift a meter and make it work like defense matrix and make his teleport less clunky
02/09/2018 02:36 PMPosted by Gungnir
What can Blizzard do to make them less appealing without making them unplayable?

they don't need nerfs, they need counters with the same skill cap and floor
I haven't had too much of a problem with Reaper. Most tracers stay away or at least back up a bit to the point they can't kill you. As for Genji you just have to wait when he's gonna deflect. Most of the time Genjis deflect after your first or second shot. As for ulting I don't know what to say about Tracer but for Genji just listen for the deflect noise if you can't see him. Once you hear it you're good to ult. Usually Ana's sleep dart or a D.Va is more of a concert for me though.
02/09/2018 02:42 PMPosted by QuirkyTurtle
I haven't had too much of a problem with Reaper. Most tracers stay away or at least back up a bit to the point they can't kill you. As for Genji you just have to wait when he's gonna deflect. Most of the time Genjis deflect after your first or second shot. As for ulting I don't know what to say about Tracer but for Genji just listen for the deflect noise if you can't see him. Once you hear it you're good to ult. Usually Ana's sleep dart or a D.Va is more of a concert for me though.

No offence but you're low Plat.

A Master+ Genji and Tracer is something else entirely compared to low Plat ones. The gap is too big to even compare tbh.
His abilities need buffs, that's all he really needs in my opinion. His kit feels so outdated and clunky when compared to the rest of the roster.
02/09/2018 02:40 PMPosted by RoboCombat

That would be McCree, but McCree can easily become a liability to your team depending on enemy setup.

Doomfist was suppose to be their counter - but look what happened to him, Jeff took a nerf hammer to his knees.
02/09/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Gungnir
02/09/2018 02:42 PMPosted by QuirkyTurtle

A Master+ Genji and Tracer is something else entirely compared to low Plat ones. The gap is too big to even compare tbh.

Sorry, I don't look at people's career profiles often. Guess I need to start doing so before posting. Good luck playing Reaper.
02/09/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Gungnir

That would be McCree, but McCree can easily become a liability to your team depending on enemy setup.

McCree is not a proper counter to Tracer or Genji. Both have abilities to avoid him... and his skill level must be very high to have any chance at being useful. Winston v Genji doesn't require a lot of skill on Winstons part. Bastion v Winston doesn't require a lot of skill on Bastions part...

A proper counter allows for even a slightly lower skilled player to be able to stop them. There is no proper counter for Tracer... and genji has winston and thats about it.
Reaper is actually a pretty good counter to Junkrat as well.
02/09/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Sinzh
Reaper is actually a pretty good counter to Junkrat as well.
He used to be, now Junkrat has no weakness at close range
his problem is a clunky kit for a hero with no range. His damage+ range is fine, but his mobility options don't help him in a fight, only before and after ( even then, shadow step is suicidal in most situations).
02/09/2018 03:01 PMPosted by QuirkyTurtle
02/09/2018 02:50 PMPosted by Gungnir

Sorry, I don't look at people's career profiles often. Guess I need to start doing so before posting. Good luck playing Reaper.

Like i said, no offence. I'm not trying to say that you are a bad player or anything. I'm sure you'll reach Master soon.

I'm just saying that it's a big difference between a Tracer/Genji in Plat and a Tracer/Genji in Master+.
The new buff to Death Blossom will help eradicating barrier users in a very small amount of time. That's a lot of power.
02/09/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Jacvk
his problem is a clunky kit for a hero with no range. His damage+ range is fine, but his mobility options don't help him in a fight, only before and after ( even then, shadow step is suicidal in most situations).

Or, they could give him a secondary fire with a longer range.

Such as Roadhog's secondary fire.

Reaper's secondary fire would deal less damage but with almost no spread. I think this could help him a lot.
02/09/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Raisins
The new buff to Death Blossom will help eradicating barrier users in a very small amount of time. That's a lot of power.

But Death Blossom is in my opinion the easiest ult to counter in the game.

It actually has the most counters in the game too. Almost every hero can counter his ult in some way.
You could always switch off to another character

Hi meet new sombra and new mei
02/09/2018 03:25 PMPosted by Gungnir
02/09/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Raisins

But Death Blossom is in my opinion the easiest ult to counter in the game.

It actually has the most counters in the game too. Almost every hero can counter his ult in some way.
Lol most counterable ult. Hi my name is mei and you might maybe get frozen