Do you think we'll get a caster Hero of some kind?

General Discussion
Some skills have cast times/build times, but I was wondering... Would we ever get a Hero that functions like a standard RPG Mage? Nuke everything at the expense of being slower. It'd be the perfect Defense Hero type too. The Hero could utilize an elemental/weather altering device, basically a super intense version of what Mei does.

With the gimmick being that one of their abilities can be an elemental shifter of some kind that changes what an ability does (so they still kind of get 2 or 3 abilities). They could easily utilize lightning, wind, and water for weather based shenanigans. Or even fire if they want to get very creative.
Just port Li Ming and Jaina into OW from HotS tbh
I want one along with a million other hero ideas lol
Mei is already a frost mage in all senses except her actual model.

Remove the physical gun and each of her abilities could still easily belong to an otherwise "magic" character (frost spray, icicles, blizzard, ice wall, cryo-freeze), with several of her abilities (notably her ice block) being lifted directly from mages in Blizzard's own World of Warcraft.
02/11/2018 07:59 PMPosted by karleighCC

Li Ming burst dmg caster. Yes. rip to all.
02/11/2018 08:59 PMPosted by LilPuddin
02/11/2018 07:59 PMPosted by karleighCC

Li Ming burst dmg caster. Yes. rip to all.

She'd need like 180 health tho, since her whole gimmick in HotS is "glass cannon" to the extent that one of her talents is named such (and it reduces her max health in favor of spell damage). Her teleport might have to be scaled up to compensate the long range of many heroes in OW tho
Symmetra is pretty much mage like.
it would be cool but the only issue is that this is a sci-fi fps not a fantasy fps
Highly unlikely. You'd be at the mercy of every flank DPS and every CC effect in the game if all your abilities had cast times.
02/11/2018 09:14 PMPosted by spunkin49
it would be cool but the only issue is that this is a sci-fi fps not a fantasy fps

You can still make tech user who's "caster". Just reskin magic into tech, it's not hard.

For example there's blood elf fire mage. Instead we make a dude with a flamethrower. Same effect, different design.
02/11/2018 09:14 PMPosted by spunkin49

Sci-fi fps, but Hanzo shoots a dragon from his bow lol
Zenyatta, Mercy, Moira, and Symmetra all resemble caster characters of some kind. I do hope they add more, but they're already in the game.
02/11/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Feywood
Mei is already a frost mage in all senses except her actual model.

Remove the physical gun and each of her abilities could still easily belong to an otherwise "magic" character (frost spray, icicles, blizzard, ice wall, cryo-freeze), with several of her abilities (notably her ice block) being lifted directly from mages in Blizzard's own World of Warcraft.

Where the hell's my polymorph?