Voiceline Spamming.

General Discussion
Bump, would really like to get a blue explain why this is still going on.
They did limit the amount you could spam. it locks you out for a little while if you play too many too quickly.
Something that is a feature of the game should not be bannable. The original dev response to whether voice line spam should be bannable is too black and white about the matter. How can you really tell if they're using voice lines for BMing, or just because they want to?

Falsely reporting people for something that is perfectly allowed should be bannable.
B-but without voiceline spamming, Soldier: 76 and Reaper can’t get into a “What are you looking at?” battle.
02/12/2018 03:33 AMPosted by Spurdo
Bump, would really like to get a blue explain why this is still going on.
gosh if the voice line “spam” in ow bothers you so much you’d hate tf2
Everyone! Get in here!
02/12/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Avensol
Something that is a feature of the game should not be bannable. The original dev response to whether voice line spam should be bannable is too black and white about the matter. How can you really tell if they're using voice lines for BMing, or just because they want to?

Falsely reporting people for something that is perfectly allowed should be bannable.

Theres a difference between "using the voice-line because they want to"
and spamming the same voice-line over and over the entire game to piss off both their team and the other.
Should i just suck it up and accept that a handful of my games are going to have a near constant irritation in them the entire time?

Should we add allchat so i can rub my mic on the table all game too?
At least mics can be muted...

02/12/2018 03:47 AMPosted by Parker
They did limit the amount you could spam. it locks you out for a little while if you play too many too quickly.

Ah yes, after every 8th one i get a 5 second reprieve to the noise.
thanks.

It's like these players need echolocation via voiceline or something.
Didnt realize there were so many trolls on this forum. Report for spamming and move on if quick play. This stuff shouldn't be happening in competitive anyways.
02/12/2018 04:09 AMPosted by Spurdo
02/12/2018 03:51 AMPosted by Avensol

Theres a difference between "using the voice-line because they want to"
and spamming the same voice-line over and over the entire game to piss off both their team and the other.
Should i just suck it up and accept that a handful of my games are going to have a near constant irritation in them the entire time?

Should we add allchat so i can rub my mic on the table all game too?
At least mics can be muted...

02/12/2018 03:47 AMPosted by Parker

Ah yes, after every 8th one i get a 5 second reprieve to the noise.
thanks.

It's like these players need echolocation via voiceline or something.
If you're getting irritated by something as arbitrary as voice lines, then voice chat is not for you.
But... It can be cute.

Love, D.va.
IS THIS EASY MODE?
"Too... HOT for you?!"
Stop being so uptight man, people are just messing around. People are doing something you find stupid in a online video game. Get over it, they are just having fun in their own way.

Edit: Guess some salty guy went on a rampage and downvoted all of my recent posts(lol)
Why are you so angry?
Voice line spam has never annoyed me. It's pretty easy to edit out mentally. I will on occasion do it in quickplay with my friends or while in spawn on a comp game, but never to the point of being disruptive.

If I die and feel frustrated, I will hit the ultimate charge command several times, but since I am respawning, you can't hear me say it anyway.

Having a player voice line mute could be a viable solution if you get set off by something like this, but honestly, it's a game and I'm surprised anyone gets this annoyed about it.

CHILDREN, BEHAVE.
That payload isn't going to deliver itself. Move it!
Simple solution could be a "ramp-up" in the cooldown time on messages.

For example, if you spam now it shuts you down for like 4 seconds. Make the next "violation" mute for 20 seconds, then 2 minutes, then 5 minutes.

Even if it resets each match, something like this could reduce the annoying voice spam.

My new favorite (lulz) is "Good Morning" "Good Morning" "Good Morning" "Good Morning" "Good Morning" "Good Morning" "Good Morning" "Good Morning" "Good Morning" "Good Morning"

Oh, by the way, Good Morning!!!
I was in a few matches against a Junkrat player that had his voice line, "I'M ALIIIIVVVEEEEE!" bound to his primary fire. Talk about an annoying thing to hear for 20 minutes. Even his teams were telling him to stop.
Why are you so angry?