Flashbang should go through Deflect

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
02/01/2018 11:31 PMPosted by Squidbarrel
Secondly, why don't you throw the flash over his head? That's the deafault move when fighting a Gengi as Mccree. If the Gengi jumps to prevent you getting it over his head, that's called counter play.
Because with no clear way of knowing the hitbox, you could throw the flashbang 5 meters above a Genji standing still while deflecting and there'd be chance that the flashbang would be deflected. But yes I agree that flashbang shouldn't suddenly be a special exemption and be allowed to pass through deflect. If anything they should match the animation to the actual hitbox, since the devs have claimed matching the hitbox to the animation would result to problems. This way it's more clear where to throw the flashbang to counter the deflecting genji.
02/01/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Novah
Fix the deflect hit box and just make Mccree have to throw FB outside of the hitbox. Thats the way its supposed to be right now but half the time you throw above or to the side of genji it ends up getting deflected back at you anways.

This.
I throw the flashbang at the floor, reflected.
I throw it miles above his head, reflected.
I throw it at his back, reflected into someone else.

Now I pretty much just stand there spamming the “you done?” voiceline until reflect is over. Even then I still sometimes get it reflected back at me despite the animation being well and truly finished.
No, being able to deflect flashbang is fine. All they need to do is fix the damn hitbox.
As a Mccree AND Genji main I wouldn't mind this change.
:)
02/01/2018 08:39 PMPosted by UNKNOWN
First of all I wanna ask what is Mccree's actual role in the game? I know someone's gonna say "It's been a year since the game is out and you don't know his role?" but despite being an offense hero, what is his ACTUAL role in the game.
Anti-Flanker/mobility, front line attacker, sniper, flanker or what??

With dive meta, when Winston jumps on him, places barrier, or D.Va flies in with DM and rockets, and with Genji/Tracer with them, McCree is just a free frag and lives like 1 second, he is absolutely useless nowadays.

Officially his role is "counter flankers like Genji, Tracer, Reaper", but his real role is to be a meat for overpowered dive/flankers.
Doomfist against mccree is almost impossible. He out ranges you and his flashbang will almost always connect because of his large hitbox which is also the reason that fth will easily connect every shot. But this is okay because mccree is meant to counter DF in every way and honestly with the speed in which he moves deflect is the perfect thing to not only tilt me but also kill me. But thats not to say DF can't kill mccree. He and all the other flankers can but genji seems to get a much easier way to do it. Just jump in and deflect and if he doesnt throw a flashbang just ss out and try again later because of the large cd on flashbang. Again not to say genji shouldnt be able to kill mccree but it seems like because of double jump and deflect he just has it easier then tracer who can get two shot.
02/02/2018 12:10 AMPosted by DoctorKid
Again not to say genji shouldnt be able to kill mccree but it seems like because of double jump and deflect he just has it easier then tracer who can get two shot.

What's your point with this? Gengi can be two shot as well. So can Reaper and Doomfist.
02/02/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Squidbarrel
What's your point with this? Gengi can be two shot as well. So can Reaper and Doomfist.

My point is that headshotting a stationary tracer is easy but headshotting a falling genji is a lot harder because he was flashed in his double jump and even then hes still alive, unless youre talking about fth which is difficult to get kills on if its a small target. Genji's know that if a mccree is around and they havnt got deflect that they should double jump to avoid being headshot easily. Flashbang is meant to be a punish ability but instead genji's actively seek it out looking for a free kill. If the hit box was smaller or at least the size of his animation or if mccree could detonate flash then it would deter genji's from praying on them knowing that its a free kill if they deflect it.
Throw it on the ground?
First of all I wanna ask what is Mccree's actual role in the game? I know someone's gonna say "It's been a year since the game is out and you don't know his role?" but despite being an offense hero, what is his ACTUAL role in the game.

Now let's come to the actual topic, which is about flashbang. Let's suppose we all agree on him being anti-flanker hero so, why is it not working as intended.
What is the purpose of flashbang in the game and what's the use of it when it get deflected most of the time?
Why Genji outplays Mccree most of the time just because it was Mccree's fault for not having good aim or Genji taking advantage of his huge Reinhardt Shield sized deflect hitbox?

If Genji gets close to him and starts deflecting, how and where should we throw the flashbang, on the ground?? Even if we don't shoot at him when he's deflecting, he's gonna take advantage of his animation cancelling and still outplaying you as result.
In one match when Genji double jumped, I threw flashbang on the ground and it still got deflected, when Genji was high up in the air.

So the best solution to this is none other than making flashbang go through deflect, so that it should fulfill it's purpose and make Genji think at least 10 times before diving on Mccree. I mean, it REALLY needs to be risky thing for him to dive on Mccree, just like diving on Moira, Symm or torb.
Then we can call Mccree a Genji counter and Mccree players can feel relaxed when dealing with him, rather than worrying about his deflect popping out all of a sudden.

Flash the ground or air above him. Stunned.
It sure is fun throwing a flashbang after genji stops reflect and he still doesnt get stunned because he was 1 mm off. They should just fix his flashbang because as of right now it doesnt even stun people half the time it's used

Now let's come to the actual topic, which is about flashbang. Let's suppose we all agree on him being anti-flanker hero so, why is it not working as intended.
What is the purpose of flashbang in the game and what's the use of it when it get deflected most of the time?
Why Genji outplays Mccree most of the time just because it was Mccree's fault for not having good aim or Genji taking advantage of his huge Reinhardt Shield sized deflect hitbox?

If Genji gets close to him and starts deflecting, how and where should we throw the flashbang, on the ground?? Even if we don't shoot at him when he's deflecting, he's gonna take advantage of his animation cancelling and still outplaying you as result.
In one match when Genji double jumped, I threw flashbang on the ground and it still got deflected, when Genji was high up in the air.

So the best solution to this is none other than making flashbang go through deflect, so that it should fulfill it's purpose and make Genji think at least 10 times before diving on Mccree. I mean, it REALLY needs to be risky thing for him to dive on Mccree, just like diving on Moira, Symm or torb.
Then we can call Mccree a Genji counter and Mccree players can feel relaxed when dealing with him, rather than worrying about his deflect popping out all of a sudden.

I've been seeing quite a pattern with these genji threads. It's all low ranked mccree mains who are unable to throw the flashbang at the ground in front of genji. Play a game against genji bots and practice this, and you will no longer need to whinge on the forums.
02/01/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Monstree
02/01/2018 11:05 PMPosted by Novah
Fix the deflect hit box and just make Mccree have to throw FB outside of the hitbox. Thats the way its supposed to be right now but half the time you throw above or to the side of genji it ends up getting deflected back at you anways.

This.

Now I pretty much just stand there spamming the “you done?” voiceline until reflect is over. Even then I still sometimes get it reflected back at me despite the animation being well and truly finished.

If you can't get around genji's deflect with flashbang, stop playing mccree. It's that simple. Your incompetence is no reason to nerf a hero.
Like number of people said, just fix the retarded hitbox of the deflect and we are good to go.
No one can counter my GENGU! REPORTED! Plz Blizz nurf mccreeEEEEe!!!!!!1!1111
Flashbang has a larger radius than deflect. Learn the angles that are out of genji's deflect zone, you'll be able to stun him during his deflect. Even if he's standing right in front of you.

The game isn't obligated to hand everything to you on a silver platter. It already gave the flashbang the aoe advantage. Use it.
02/02/2018 02:28 AMPosted by MaskedCube
02/01/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Monstree
This.

If you can't get around genji's deflect with flashbang, stop playing mccree. It's that simple. Your incompetence is no reason to nerf a hero.
I didn’t say I couldn’t, it just isn’t consistent. Every other character in the game has animations and visual effects that match the ability’s area of effect, and this shouldn’t be any different.
And how is what I’m proposing a nerf?Unless you’re relying too heavily on tricking opponents with misleading visual effects...
McCree probably shouldn’t get that close to Genji. I know it’s often unavoidable, but we’re told to “wait out” deflect when in that time we see an animation cancel straight to swift strike, and even if in that small window we hit him with flashbang, he still will probably do damage and shoot through us because flashbang still doesn’t stop momentum like they told us it would in patch last year on July 27th.
02/01/2018 10:59 PMPosted by pooch
Then what's the counter play for Genji to flashbang?

Staying outside of flashes range like every other hero in the game.
I don't think it should go through deflect, but I would like for them to fix his deflect hitbox so it actually makes more sense. You should be able to damage Genji with splash damage, or throw the flashbang to the side of him to stun when he's deflecting. Right now his deflect is so enormous you get hit in the face with your own bullets even if you didn't even aim at him. Fix that and it will be more fair to fight Genjis