Lost 50 competitive points for failed connection!.

Competitive Discussion
Why did I lose 50, YES 50! competitive points for losing internet connection. Just as I was about to start a match all I got was a black screen and a message saying 'failed to connect to network', But I still get punished for it!, Not very happy at all Mr Kaplin.
I just loaded up overwatch, queued for a comp game, couldn't get out of spawn cause i kept rubber banding then lost connection. Resulted in a 30 min ban and 50 SR loss, this has never happened to me before lol
02/05/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Enslaved
I just loaded up overwatch, queued for a comp game, couldn't get out of spawn cause i kept rubber banding then lost connection. Resulted in a 30 min ban and 50 SR loss, this has never happened to me before lol

The first ban is 10min not 30 so it's not your first time.
02/05/2018 07:31 AMPosted by Nils
02/05/2018 07:27 AMPosted by Enslaved

The first ban is 10min not 30 so it's not your first time.

nah it actually is my first time being dc'd.

I got a 10 min ban yesterday for leaving when the match ended but right before it said "defeated" kind of stupid to get a ban for that to be honest.
Because the punishment for dcing a comp game is 50 sr for anyone and everyone....why do people post things like this
02/05/2018 07:33 AMPosted by aflyguy
Because the punishment for dcing a comp game is 50 sr for anyone and everyone....why do people post things like this

I don't think it's fair to lose points for losing network connections, especially as it's out of anyone's hands.
The reason people post these things is because it's a forum, or are we only allowed to post 'alternative facts'!.
The game has been out a year and a half and people are still making these stupid posts...

No one cares your internet failed. Blizzard won't do anything. It happens. Move on...
02/05/2018 07:45 AMPosted by NomNom
02/05/2018 07:33 AMPosted by aflyguy

I don't think it's fair to lose points for losing network connections, especially as it's out of anyone's hands.
The reason people post these things is because it's a forum, or are we only allowed to post 'alternative facts'!.

If you disconnect the same frequency as the rest of the player pool, your effective sr loss over time is literally 0 sr.
The purpose of the penalty is to dissuade people with terrible connections (abnormally high frequency of disconnecting) from playing comp and ruining the experience for everyone.
But again, because somehow you don't understand this, of the average player disconnects from 1 percent of their games, and you disconnect from 1 percent of your games, everyone will have the same ratio of SR loss (roughly), and if everybody has the sameish sr loss, then nobody has an sr loss because it is just a deflation in global SR values.
If you do in fact have more disconnects than other people, then guess what, life isn't fair, and every time you disconnect you hamper the experience for 5 other people.

Every game you will ever play with a competitive mode is going to have this policy, because it is a no brainer rational decision. I have done my best to explain why