Why are Mercy players

General Discussion
saying Mercy is no longer fun as soon as Blizzard tone down the 'OP' part of her kit?

I mean, I never found her fun from the start. But I dont get how shes all of a sudden unfun, because they toned down an OP part of her kit? Was being forced to pick her in all comp matches fun?

I seriously dont get it. From my point of view, it just sounds like people enjoyed the OP-ness of her kit - That may not be true, but from my standpoint, thats what it looks like. I know its not all. Some found fun in Mobility, which she still basically has. Some find battle mercying fun which is still there.

Can someone legit explain? I just dont get it.
Mostly because she does nothing but heal beam for 20 minutes.

It's a bit like Reinhardt, if he didn't have charge or firestrike or his hammer.

Sure there's the kamikazi rez. And flying all over at speeds that make Lucio jealous. But that's about it, to break up the monotony.

She's certainly effective though. Just her playstyle is boring.
02/08/2018 07:32 AMPosted by UpARayBan
saying Mercy is no longer fun as soon as Blizzard tone down the 'OP' part of her kit?

I mean, I never found her fun from the start. But I dont get how shes all of a sudden unfun, because they toned down an OP part of her kit? Was being forced to pick her in all comp matches fun?

I seriously dont get it. From my point of view, it just sounds like people enjoyed the OP-ness of her kit - That may not be true, but from my standpoint, thats what it looks like. I know its not all. Some found fun in Mobility, which she still basically has. Some find battle mercying fun which is still there.

There was some level of strategy with her... when it came to using rez and ulting..

Now you just use rez if you are not in LOS and ult whenever.. because... it doesn't really matter.. you will get the same amount of usefulness out of mercy if you just hold LM and don't ult at all.

She is about as tactical as a piece of bread. I guess the best thing you can do with mercy now a days is use ult to go into spectator mode and shot call??
Her ult offers nothing interesting or play making.

You don't feel good for using it.

Ana's you can combo with that 76 ult and wipe a team; such a good feeling to make your team powerful and able to get that sick kill streak.

Zen and Lucio can get that super clutch save with a well timed ult. Junkrat tire about to burst? BAM! Saved at the perfect time!

Even Moira's ult while not the best has such a good feeling of blasting a huge !@# lazor at people. Not too effective but it's FUN.

Mercy can just fly around now. The spread heals and passive buff are nice, but you don't feel like you're really part of the fight or defending your team. Her base kit has that feeling, but when you ult, you just sort of become a spectator.

Remember; even original Mercy her ult had that feeling of being able to turn the tides of a losing fight and turning the round on its head. Now she doesn't have that, and just floats around watching. It doesn't change her base kit in any meaningful way.
Actually, we've been saying this since the rework. It's only become more apparent now.
Edit:
If you really wanna look into it you can check my Post History thing.
Have you not actually read any of the threads?
02/08/2018 07:35 AMPosted by GreyFalcon
Mostly because she does nothing but heal beam for 20 minutes.

It's a bit like Reinhardt, if he didn't have charge or firestrike or his hammer.

that's... a really good comparison. I'll have to use that now!

as to OP: at this point, it boils down to impact. Mercy doesn't do anything other than heal, boost, and rez. Rez only sees impact if she can rez someone with ult.
Simple.

Before you could use your ultimate to fly around, dodge bullets and rockets. Now with 50% less speed, you just feel like 76 running in the air while everyone can shot you quite easily.

Before you could use your ultimate to get into the fight, rez you teammate by taking risks and enjoy it when it worked.
Now you can't do that anymore because trying to rez while your ulti is on just break the few momentum left. Plus you are that perfect immobile target into the air with your big wings saying "Hey shot at me, i'm free".

Sure she still got that heal, but that really is the only thing she got left.
And it's not even the best if you check the stats.

Blizz changed her so that you would stop playing her ultra defensively.
It worked quite well as you could be more active in the game.
But now, it's back to zero and you have to play her defensively again.
Since you play Genji, imagine a Genji where dash didn't reset on kills, or his movement speed was reduced during Dragon blade.

Or imagine if McCree could ONLY use flash on people trying to disengage from a fight, but wasn't useable to interrupt ults.

Or any core ability meant to be used in a team fight, NOT USEABLE IN THE TEAM FIGHT WHERE IT ACTUALLY MAKES AN IMPACT
I'm a Mercy player, played 50+ games after Nerf now I sit at 67% win rate, and she is fun, new way to rez doesn't feel like cheating finally.

I had fun with her befor the rework because i had to use my brain to get the best out of her Ult. And now, she has no Ult. Only something which tells you "You don't need to think, i do that for you."

Val was boring for me from the start up because it was so OP. Now it's nothing but easy mode Mercy. I can do the same amount of healing without it, I have more fun with GA and AD and might even be more effective with that and you have better options for group dmgb.

Long story short:
She has no Overwatch Ultimate anymore.
All you had to do was check the Mercy Update thread for all your questions regarding both Mercy and Mercy mains. Making a separate thread about it is redundant. Please stop posting Mercy Main threads in the forum when the answers are right in front of you.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761088072?page=1
02/08/2018 07:42 AMPosted by OnFrame
I'm a Mercy player, played 50+ games after Nerf now I sit at 67% win rate, and she is fun, new way to rez doesn't feel like cheating finally.

your stats do indeed show a decent win rate.. but repost next season... I just don't believe these are all post nerf wins..

fact is that mercy has the second to lowest winrate of all supports across the board.
Her ultimate no longer has the ability to turn a team fight like it did during 1.0 and 2.0.

Also there's almost no difference between a bronze and Grandmaster Mercy stat-wise in areas like number of resurrects. It's either 5 or 6. Compare that to skill used by other characters between a bronze roadhogs hook and a Grandmaster roadhogs hook. The impact you can have is insane. Mercy no longer has that.

Ugh, yeah. Fun? In a video game? What do they think this is, a game?
We need a sticky thread for this, this question being asked literally 4-5 times every day is getting tiresome.
02/08/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Elyrh
Have you not actually read any of the threads?

For me personally, they should not have reduced time on her ult, or if they are going to keep it as is, increase the healing it does for the duration. As is, it cannot sway a battle or save a teammate like Zen or Lucio can, instantly. Now, her ult is simply a way to heal more than one person without using guardian angel to move around, boring.

Second, i see taking away the extra rez during valk but to have the 1, (if it's not on cooldown) during valk to still have that insane "cast time" is too far on the nerf scale.

Third also refers to Rez, the only significant cast time ability in the game that can also be interrupted and goes on a 30 second cooldown whether it succeeds or not. Sounds like an ultimate right? With all of the punishments put in place for it, nope, E ability designed with you dying in mind. This is the very definition of not fun.

For me, 15 second valk with "slightly" increased healing during valk, that 1 (if it's not on cooldown) instant rez for her Ultimate and not triggering her 30 second cooldown if she is interrupted or killed for Rez. Reason: It is the longest cooldown ability in game, the most punishing ability in game, she will most likely die trying to do it anyway which equates a success chance around once every 4 minutes or so during a match (all other E abilities have been used around 30 times by other characters at this point) and it's rezzing 1 player vs. the multiple team wipes crew of the enemy team.
I don't play Mercy, but I'm married to a (former?) Mercy main who tells me that her ult is just basically doing the same thing she's been doing for the rest of the game. At least before she got to do something different. She doesn't want Mercy to be OP, just not the same thing for the entire match.

That being said, she's loving no longer feeling obligated to play Mercy and is enjoying other heroes (and the game) a lot more.
This would be like an Orisa that's been reworked such that she's even more immobile (she can no longer shield dance) and can't do anything other than shoot from behind her shield all day. Giving Orisa a 2000hp shield and a 15 second cooldown may sound like a buff, but the ones that main her would call it a nerf.

To anyone not familiar with Orisa, she's just doing what they think Orisa is doing anyway. To the Orisa, being nothing more than a shield bot who cannot even assist in a push would make her boring.