This forum will hate balanced Doomfist

General Discussion
He's already overpowered. It's just that he's also overdifficult to play too, so he's only potentially useful at the pro level, but players can also consistently hit and kill him at the pro level because he's fairly predictable in his movement patterns (also, huge hitbox).
The Doomfist vs. Roadhog comparison is still just as faulty as it's always been because one of those characters has much larger health pool than the other and a self-heal (hint, it's the fat one), and one of those characters has a much larger variety of counters that can favorably take him on in a direct fight (hint, it's the not fat one).
02/08/2018 01:34 PMPosted by IxREQUIEMx
Don't peddle the myth that Roadhog was balanced before the nerf, it was completely justified.

Don't get confused between balance and gameplay. Roadhog was objectively balanced before his hook nerf. His stats in both competitive and pro play showed he was used, but not a must-pick by any means. Several other tanks and DPS were picked more than him. What people complained about is how "unfun" or "unfair" it felt to play against him.

On this grounds I opposed the hook nerf, which initially made him trash, but it worked out in the end. After Blizzard buffed him, he is in a similar spot balance wise (maybe even stronger now) but seems to be less frustrating for many players.
I gotta say, doomfist is by far the most frustrating hero to play against.

Not only can he oneshot you, but you also have pretty much no time to react, since all of his abilitys stun you in some way or another.
02/08/2018 02:16 PMPosted by saghzs
I gotta say, doomfist is by far the most frustrating hero to play against.

Not only can he oneshot you, but you also have pretty much no time to react, since all of his abilitys stun you in some way or another.

Unless you see him coming. then its super easy to avoid literally everything he does. and most doomfists use RP for mobilty not for its one shot mechanic since its so buggy and you can't really depend on it.
As a Dinosaur who died in Meteor Strike, Nerf Doomfist.