The PS4 Problem

General Discussion
As I play the game daily on PS4

There are some problems I face and would like to talk about ,

1st:

People abusing M&K for advantage. remove linear ramp option and they would have a hard time using it or make the thump stick function curves confusing so they cant easily use 3rd party devises and use M&K as they can't convert the movement to the mouse through these devices easily.

2end:

having a smurf account is free on Ps4 and it's not as PC you have to buy the game and it's annoying in PS4 you either find smurfs Qing as low plats with diamonds or you find low golds with plats with plats in competitive to help them boost up ranks. I find this really unfair and easy to do at the same time.

3rd:

High tear Top 500 players or GM's even high or mid Maters all have 2 or 3 smurf accounts " as its free and simple " as they only play 4 or 5 games a week on main just to hold up their rank and rest of the week use the smurfs just to have fun or troll in competitive games and ruin it to people who want to rank up.
you can check PS4 gameplays at level 2400 - 3200 you will find a lot of these games, it's too annoying also they train how to play new heroes in competitive if they are above lvl 25.
some people even started to make accounts and get to top 500. and when ever
they find some one who is in top 500 in thier team ( not enemy team ) they try their best to make him lose the game so that their main accounts get the advantage.

4th last :

if people don't get banned for M&K, why not try to reduce M&K users on the console by making a tournament for us console players and disallow the use of mouse and keyboard so that everything would be fair, then users of M&K get a message that using m&k will not let them compete on console and if they really want to shine in the game they would either go to PC or get back to a controller.

thank you for reading,
Read Jeff's response here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760956903?page=2#detail

At least they recognize the issue and are trying to combat it.
02/08/2018 02:19 PMPosted by AzshFayd
Read Jeff's response here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760956903?page=2#detail

At least they recognize the issue and are trying to combat it.

I wish they can fix it soon as so many console players are starting to hate the game cuz of these reasons
How can you tell if someone is using M&K?
02/08/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Nightblood

its hard to tell who is and who is not tbh

most of them say that they use M&K and sometime its too obvious

but you can make their life hard by removing the linear ramp option as it gives them precise movement with the mouse

with doulzone and expo ramp, they need to figure out curves which is possible but not easy just so they can covert the the movement linearly to the mouse
Tbh, the smurfing issue takes a lot of fun out of the game for me. It's incredibly demoralizing because you never know if someone's a smurf or a new player until you get into a match with them and it always seems like I get the team with the actually new player and the enemy team has the m+kb widow main that's trying to grind their account up to play comp with.

It's even worse when they have names like "B4nM3Bl1zz4rd" or "OWCh34t3r" "Tr4c3rXDXD" (these are made up approximations of names I've seen, not real players) because you know you're in for a bad time.

I mean, sometimes smurfs are also just bad players, but it's like Hanzo's scatter arrow. It might not hit every single time, but it's frustrating to work around and, when it hits, you feel like it has cheapened your experience with the game somehow.

I'm sure there's some way they could alleviate the smurfing issue, like having to enter an account number into Blizzard's website or registering the game version with your PSN email so that only that account could play on it. That way, you'd have to purchase multiple accounts to play Overwatch on console just like on PC.
02/09/2018 01:03 AMPosted by Snurtlicious
Tbh, the smurfing issue takes a lot of fun out of the game for me. It's incredibly demoralizing because you never know if someone's a smurf or a new player until you get into a match with them and it always seems like I get the team with the actually new player and the enemy team has the m+kb widow main that's trying to grind their account up to play comp with.

It's even worse when they have names like "B4nM3Bl1zz4rd" or "OWCh34t3r" "Tr4c3rXDXD" (these are made up approximations of names I've seen, not real players) because you know you're in for a bad time.

I mean, sometimes smurfs are also just bad players, but it's like Hanzo's scatter arrow. It might not hit every single time, but it's frustrating to work around and, when it hits, you feel like it has cheapened your experience with the game somehow.

I'm sure there's some way they could alleviate the smurfing issue, like having to enter an account number into Blizzard's website or registering the game version with your PSN email so that only that account could play on it. That way, you'd have to purchase multiple accounts to play Overwatch on console just like on PC.

they are alot and idk if blizzard even know about this problem in ps4
Hello Jeffooo you there ?
U prob get downvoted by pc players.. Cuz its just true...

I have both.. xbox and ps4.. And in every game there is a smurf...Happends almost daily that i see a level 3 Genji / widow / Hanzo in the enemy team who solo's a entire team... 0 deaths in his stats... I mean.. Oke can be just a new player, but it happends like everyday.. and not only in 1 game..

The annoying part, they call themselfs smurf9 / LisaSmurf / or whatever... Like we allready know u are.. with ur zero deaths and 150 kills on level 3... u dont have to spell it haha..

Its hard to tell if someone is using a m&k thats true, but if you play long enough on console u start to notice the difference...
02/09/2018 12:54 AMPosted by Vazara

but you can make their life hard by removing the linear ramp option as it gives them precise movement with the mouse

with doulzone and expo ramp, they need to figure out curves which is possible but not easy just so they can covert the the movement linearly to the mouse
so how did you find out? you make people go off blind faith and i'm not really trusting. if you have the "non linear" game footage i will probably believe you I play on PS4.
get a pc

You can’t punish everyone because of KB&M users. I use linear ramp and it’s what I’m most comfortable with, along with my friends. Why should we be forced to adjust to an entirely different aiming setting?
I know that Blizzard is working on a solution for KB/M, but as far as console smurf accounts go there’s not much they can do.

Alternate and smurf accounts are an issue that Sony and Microsoft need to tackle, Blizzard legally has their hands tied.
02/09/2018 11:12 AMPosted by SteveyHooves
so how did you find out? you make people go off blind faith and i'm not really trusting. if you have the "non linear" game footage i will probably believe you I play on PS4.

Climb to plat. You will see how in almost every game there's at least one Widowmaker/McCree player that has god aim that almost never misses and most of the shots are headshots.
This can be a smurf too, because it's really easy to make smurfs on ps4

I have used KB&M on PS4 before for a few months, but i returned to the controller after realizing how atrocious it actually is (slow, sluggish, uncomfortable.) and I can say that is truly isn’t too obvious. Anything performed with the KB&M is able to be performed on controller.
02/08/2018 02:16 PMPosted by Vazara
People abusing M&K for advantage. remove linear ramp option and they would have a hard time using it or make the thump stick function curves confusing so they cant easily use 3rd party devises and use M&K as they can't convert the movement to the mouse through these devices easily.
I disagree with removing linear ramp. Linear ramp was added into this game to allow for the game to aim more like other console first person shooters due to many complaints with how duel-zone and exponential ramp worked by many players. As well as this, there is no reason to really remove it either since someone using keyboard and mouse would likely not be affected too much by any of the aiming algorithms, at least from what I can tell anyway.
02/09/2018 11:17 AMPosted by dostheboss

Climb to plat. You will see how in almost every game there's at least one Widowmaker/McCree player that has god aim that almost never misses and most of the shots are headshots.
This can be a smurf too, because it's really easy to make smurfs on ps4
False. I have fairly good aim and I use controller- im friends with masters and grandmasters who have incredible aim and they use controller.

You people really need to stop acting like it’s impossible to have good aim unless you’re using a KB/M. I hate to say it, but it’s a matter of getting good.
02/09/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Ikkio
...so how did you find out? you make people go off blind faith and i'm not really trusting. if you have the "non linear" game footage i will probably believe you I play on PS4.
I have used KB&M on PS4 before for a few months, but i returned to the controller after realizing how atrocious it actually is (slow, sluggish, uncomfortable.) and I can say that is truly isn’t too obvious. Anything performed with the KB&M is able to be performed on controller.
ok. If you ever want to play Let me know.
It really is a terrible mess over there on console. I bought a PS4 copy as well and the low levels are mostly smurfs. Kinda balances out team wise but is crushingly unfun for new players.
02/09/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Ikkio
False. I have fairly good aim and I use controller- im friends with masters and grandmasters who have incredible aim and they use controller.

You people really need to stop acting like it’s impossible to have good aim unless you’re using a KB/M. I hate to say it, but it’s a matter of getting good.

"masters and GM" yes they can have incredible aim. But I'm saying for plat rank.
Plat isn't a rank where there should be Widowmakers and McCrees hitting almost every shot, most of them headshots.
Plat