Jeff said -> Mercy in a good place now

General Discussion
She is in a great place still. Her ultimate is extremely powerful when used correctly.
02/09/2018 11:32 AMPosted by Stellaris
he said her win rate was above 50% but if you look now it is not

Lol when people think they have access to the same statistics and data as the games devs themselves, let alone the director.
02/09/2018 11:28 AMPosted by Royal
90% of the community feels like the nerf was abit TOO much.

I'll believe that when I see the stats. You're basing that on the forums community.
02/09/2018 11:33 AMPosted by GreyFalcon
Mercy is in an "Effective but Boring" place right now.

mercy was always boring.
Mercy is still in a good place but her ultimate is a big joke.

"I will watch over you" or.. "I will eat popcorns and watch the game from above, cause Blizzard dont want me to do anything at this time"

shes no more a counter for anything with her ultimate, u have it, u use it..
something in her ulti has to change..

1 ress should at least be with no cast time, let her ress that 1 pick without to die. whats the point on having an ability that can make u die easy in your ultimate time and lose your 15 seconds of dmg boosting/healing.

1 ress without CT (casting time) in the ultimate time should b e fair enough and not a game changing. if the Mercy player ress before going ulti, it stills on 30 seconds CD.. so everything will be balanced and better this time. Mercy should go ultimate to ress faster, she should save and use her ress just like the other healers - in a good timing.
you also nerfed the speed of her while shifting, she will be PERFECT and balanced with 1 man ress with no CD.

I am not a Mercy main and I wanted the nerf to come, but 90% of the community feels like the nerf was abit TOO much.

I am a healer main not a Mercy main but I play a ton of Mercy because she works well in the team comps my group plays. Mercy is still really good, you just have to use her ult differently.

The group I play with now use her ult for a pushing or mid-fight defense, if they are well grouped you are damage boosting or mass healing the WHOLE team its literally like have an extra DPS or healer. Frequently my team will literally wipe out the entire enemy team when I damage boost all of them. I play with people who like very high damage "dive-ish" comps so it is pretty effective.

All that being said I think they should buff her a bit, perhaps increase the fire rate and projectile speed of the Caduceus Blaster or something like that.

Her win rate has lowered its 51% and still the most picked hero.

https://www.overbuff.com/heroes
02/09/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Royal
02/09/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Coulumbo

Sounds like you have no idea how to use it.

ya man you better tell me how to press Q, raise my crosshair up and left - right click.
positioning and timing. It’s no longer a reactive ult, but a proactive one; like supercharger.
02/09/2018 11:33 AMPosted by GreyFalcon
Mercy is in an "Effective but Boring" place right now.

Well... Thats her playstyle. Being passive and healing was ALWAYS her playstyle. Thats what I liked about her.

I don't know why its such a big deal now.

Also calculate Win rate across different levels of play.\
https://www.overbuff.com/heroes/mercy/trends

Only in Tiers below plat, has her win rate dropped below 50%
02/09/2018 12:15 PMPosted by smileyFace
mercy was always boring. i wonder wtf mercy one tricks are talking about in the old ult, where you' literally just hide and sit there (boring). or even her new ult with insta-rez's, you float around and rez two people then do nothing.

she was never fun. actually the only time she was fun was in PTR when her ult basically made her a dps god and nano'ing an ulting mercy was a good strategy

i dont think you can make a hero that requires almost 0 skill fun in a game where the alternatives do require skill

You see, and thats why this war Support vs. DPS is a thing

People dont need to do penta kills for having fun, no support main plays support because of the capability to kill stuff
Most support mains just like it to heal, to fill up healtbars and if you break it down to that every support is braindead

Also: Not every mercy main/onetrick abused this Q so much. Actually the majority of mercy players never played "Hide'n'Seek" the entire match, more likely they withdraw after you started wasting ults or shortly before it (Ill come to that later). It was only a minority that abused that Rezz and abused the way SR was calculated to boost themself, not the majority - at least thats my POV and I mained Lucio back then, so I was able to see if our Mercy hid in the corner the entire game

Whats the diffrence between Mercy 1.0/Mercy 2.0 and Mercy 2."Current"/3.0?
Mercy 1.0 was an all-or-nothing-based hero, you getting killed was basically throwing. There was much more pressure on you, I mean.. really a lot more pressure
Thats gone. You die, so what? You aint going to turn that fight into your teams favor if you didnt die there. You dying isnt as punishing as it was back then. Mercy doesnt have any utility midfight anymore, shes just a 60HP/s Healbot and her ult doesnt change anything about that. Thats why youre better off with most other supports

Mercy still has her value, but rezzing after a fight in defense doesnt really matter, because everyone is respawning anyway. Rezzing before a push is (especially in higher ranks) a suicide (or at least a very, very high risk), "taking cover behind a wall" doesnt safe you from being killed btw
In attack shes quite nice, especially on 2CP Maps, "Hey we made it its a 5v5, Mercy rezz that one person and we go in 6v5!", thats pretty much everything and its still pretty strong but you really think its engaging to press E before a battle starts and then hold down LMB until the fight is won/lost?
02/09/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Poytheon
She is in a great place still. Her ultimate is extremely powerful when used correctly.

imo, free range flight is also sweet af. I don't understand why some folks think her ult is boring, unless huge rez was more satisfying to them.
Jeff gave to us mercy main, a pretty skin for “forgiveness” but every mercy main has stopped playing Mercy. We need a buff Jeff! or her pick rate will be 0.0% before the dust needs to settle.

Overbuff stats<Blizzard stats.
Mercy is in a good place only because the current meta.

If dive fades, she will because: mobility and a Rez that brings a high mobility hero back to the fight is the best that she has, her ult doesn't makes an impact as it used to and Moira is becoming better in most of situations excepr for dive.

imo
02/09/2018 01:03 PMPosted by AnActualFrog
02/09/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Poytheon

imo, free range flight is also sweet af. I don't understand why some folks think her ult is boring, unless huge rez was more satisfying to them.

If you want to fly, why not pick Pharah? She doesn't need ultimate to fly.
And how exactly you use her ultimate "correctly"? It countered by almost any damaging ultimate, so unless other team somehow happened to have no ultimates, you won't save anyone.

And yes, huge rez had a lot more impact, than chain healing for 15 seconds.
She is in a good place and the numbers support it. She's balanced and still the best healer in the game. Her ultimate is still very effective and lasts the longest of any in the game.
02/09/2018 01:03 PMPosted by AnActualFrog

Probably because they actually play her
02/09/2018 11:38 AMPosted by Coulumbo
Mercy is still in a good place but her ultimate is a big joke.

"I will watch over you" or.. "I will eat popcorns and watch the game from above, cause Blizzard dont want me to do anything at this time"

Sounds like you have no idea how to use it.

Then how do you use it? Tell me how do you do anything else other than hold m1/m2 and hide during Valk.
02/09/2018 01:20 PMPosted by SquidKD

Overbuff stats<Blizzard stats.

Because game devs have never lied about their internal numbers before.

Looks sadly at Paragon and EPIC Games.
I'd rather have a Mercy in my match than one of the billion DPS Moira's. Mercy is still a good hero, DPS Moira's are not.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArtsyAbstemiousMagpieDendiFace