Competitive is full of people with no ears.

General Discussion
Is it me or do my teammates not listen?

I say Group up. They run in 1 by 1.
I say let's hold on point, they try to flank the enemy team 1v6.
I say we shouldn't try to push top right on Hanamura 2nd point, while they have a junkrat.
We get killed and junkrat has his ult for the tenth time this match.
We have Moira and Lucio as healers, and I say play point because we will get our ults fast.
They go to hold a position away from the point, then proceed to get picked off.

Why don't people listen?
Not saying you have to, but why don't you?
Because I didn't vote for anyone as team captain so I don't care what they want us to do. I do what I want, and what I think is best. Sometimes that is the same as what my team is thinking, sometimes it's not. Doesn't make me no difference either way.
This is every multiplayer game made after 2005. People join online modes, but sit in group chat or another 3rd party voice app.

It's beyond frustrating.
02/12/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Cheat2Win
Because I didn't vote for anyone as team captain so I don't care what they want us to do. I do what I want, and what I think is best. Sometimes that is the same as what my team is thinking, sometimes it's not. Doesn't make me no difference either way.

Your attitude is why I often find this game frustrating. It's a team game! Play as a team! An attitude like that can actually ruin the game for other people.

And if you don't agree with a call, that's fine. Why not trying to make your own call? IME, people trying to make a call are just as willing to listen to someone else -- provided of course that the other player is not being toxic.
I have ears but I am Very silent unless you watch my Yubtubs

honestly i'm caught in a thought should I
A: have push to talk and forget to use it
B: have it always on so my teammates can listen to my random noises i make when the pressure is on XD
It's full of people with goldfish levels of attention and memory. Who also Literally never check team comps/press tab until the match ends.

I've noticed since I tend to switch my heroes to deal with enemy team comps, Going Orisa if the enemy teams got long range enemies and no divers, or Roadhog if we need someone to more actively protect healers, set up kills for dps. And if a push doesn't work and I'm still on Roadhog team will go "We never had a shield tank so that's why we lost".

No kid. We had a shield tank, but our Junkrat, Dva, Lucio, and Tracer team wasn't going to get mileage out of it. It's frustrating.
02/12/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Seolh

Your attitude is why I often find this game frustrating. It's a team game! Play as a team! An attitude like that can actually ruin the game for other people.

Believe it or not, people have different personalities when it comes to communication. I assure you I find your attitude just as frustrating as you find mine. People talk entirely too much in game. It's distracting, so we mute them, or ignore them. Sometimes you just gotta trust your team.

That and you are queuing with random people and expecting them to work like a team without knowing each other? That's completely unrealistic. Queue as a team if you want that. It's not the players ruining the game for you, it's your unrealistic expectations.
02/12/2018 10:01 AMPosted by Cheat2Win
02/12/2018 08:19 AMPosted by Seolh

That and you are queuing with random people and expecting them to work like a team without knowing each other? That's completely unrealistic. Queue as a team if you want that. It's not the players ruining the game for you, it's your unrealistic expectations.

That's not very un-realistic....us gamers have been doing it for years and years now. I met some of my best team mates solo queueing in the original Gears of War and random TF2 servers.

If the attitude to work together is there, teams will work.

Side note: Is your name based off of Eddie & Chavo Guerrero? If so, you da man.

So much for being a team player...

Just another reason I don't play Comp
I can be saying “wait at spawn to group up as 6” and they run right by me into the fight.... its absurd
I know this feeling. I know I'm not a great player (I placed bronze for a reason, though I have improved a lot since placements in my opinion), but I still feel like no one wants to play objective or group up and I would win more if we did. I can't heal you if you are on the other side of the solar system, Genji! There is no reason for us to trickle in one by one into the point stacked with 6 people. Just because you are a tank doesn't mean you can survive THAT much pressure. All the healing orbs in the world can't save you from derp...

Please stay together. I'm trying to heal you I promise, but I can't do that if you guys scatter to all different points of the map! I also can't heal you if you don't even attempt to protect me when more than one guy shows up to kill me (because you flew off to mars). I can get out of jams, but not a Tracer and Genji double team.

TL;DR: Stay together. Help your healers. Stop leaving/throwing after minor setbacks. I still have a lot of fun playing this game but the salt and derp are irksome at times
My favorite is when the fight is won, and they only have 2 players left while we have 6 and you hear the dps blowing their ults for no reason.
Firstly, I think they have ears, a brain might be a different question though... JK, kinda :P

But seriously, I can understand doing your own thing in QP, and as much as I find people 1v6ing there annoying, I know they are having fun, even if we have a lesser chance of winning because of it.

But Comp? Seriously, i’m not one who barks orders, hell my mic is broken (I join voicecoms to hear people though) but why would you run ahead when you can see the 4 dead symbols by the point and no enemy deaths in the kill feed? Why do I bother putting down an Orisa barrier or pick Rein if you aren’t going to use the barrier. I believe I deserve to be at my rank, and when I get a team that works, it feels so fantastic! But then I get 6 or 7 matches in a row minimum where people don’t use barriers, if we even have a tank, run away from their healers and still expect to be pocketed, or try to 1v6 coz they think they are GM Gods here to ”Rek n00bs”?
I guess it depends on rank and server I play EU the language barrier is real and a big problem most EU countries do speak English and most do try to but often the accent is not clear enough to understand properly, also it's rank dependant the lower you go the less people make callouts voice is primarily used to complain and blame other people there are exceptions but mostly you end up muting people or leaving chat entirely.

It's a shame really if people were respectful and not selfish this would be a great online experience but that not the community we have it's whining/throwing/never switch players that control the outcome of far too many games.
The difference between QP and competitive:

QP - People don't care what they pick, won't listen to teammates, and don't care about anyone but their own fun.

Comp: People will pick full meta and say you're throwing if you don't, people still don't listen to teammates, communication like something as simple as letting your team to shout where the enemy widow or Mercy is, is like trying poking a dead horse and expecting it to get up.

Basically, if I'm playing something competitively, I'm either doing it in a full group, or sticking to fighting games where competition exists solely on your own skill, and not relying on people that can't tell the difference between marmite and peanut butter.
Practically every Numbani attack I've ever played:

Team goes up the stairs and tries to cram through the tiny door as a Junkrat spams it and a Symm farms tele almost instantly.
Me: "Guys we can't go this way, let's just go left and around."
Team proceeds to try the same door for 99% of the attack phase, and only tries a different tactic in the last push as panic sets in.

Sure no-one elected me 'team captain' but surely a different idea is preferable to smashing your head against the same brick wall for 5 minutes?

Well I didn't vote to have someone play solo in my team game. If you can't play with others, then don't play with others.
02/12/2018 08:03 AMPosted by AgtCooper
This is every multiplayer game made after 2005. People join online modes, but sit in group chat or another 3rd party voice app.

It's beyond frustrating.

The moment in-game communications will stop sucking !@#, I'll use them over Discord with friends.
02/13/2018 04:19 AMPosted by Espen
My favorite is when the fight is won, and they only have 2 players left while we have 6 and you hear the dps blowing their ults for no reason.

Or the DPS cleans the point, and then runs OFF the point to get more kills, completely NOT taking over the point. Happens ever so often.