Doomfist RP hitbox is garbage

General Discussion
It needs to be MUCH bigger, the width / height of the RP hitbox needs to be as large doomfist himself (to compensate for having a tank size hitbox but DPS HP) and you should be able to aim it anywhere (up and down) like you can do with swift strike.
His hitbox is for a tank, but he has DPS HP. So he should at least benefit from that by making his whole body hitbox count for rocket punch's witdth and height. If reinhardt can pin me when I am behind him, genji can deflect through walls, they could at LEAST make rocket punch a reliable offensive weapon because mainly it's used as mobility.

Thoughts?
I think being able to aim it anywhere would be too powerful. Genji can go in any direction because his dash isn't a 2 hit kill. I do agree the hitbox needs to be increased though, when he came out he was kind of the answer the devs wanted to dive. He already counters D.va and Winston, with his bigger RP hitbox he countered Genji and Tracer too because it was much easier to hit. However, apon release everyone hated playing against Doomfist so I think they scrapped the idea of making him a dive counter and just nerfed the RP hitbox and decided to save him for later. That's what I think happened, anyway.
bump
It does need to be slightly bigger.
Free OTKs should take aim
02/12/2018 09:58 AMPosted by CamKitty

It would take some aim, not widow aim but more medium aim like Dva or zarya
Yes i agree it should be a bit bigger. Theres so many proof that the hitbox right now is so awkward.

But i disagree if he can aim his punch vertically like that weeb Genji dash. It'll make the punch too powerful. He already have Uppercut and Meteor Strike for vertical mobility.
I would want him with more access to perform actual combinations (lower the CD for Slam and Uppercut) than I would for Doomfist to just be Rocket Punch again.

His combos are the real treasure of his kit and why people with a background in fighting game like him.
02/12/2018 09:19 AMPosted by Rightwardsky
I think being able to aim it anywhere would be too powerful.

When I play against Doomfist, I just stand on the payload or any box and become immune to him. I think the punch needs vertical aiming.
02/12/2018 09:58 AMPosted by CamKitty

***They should be hard to pull off.
02/12/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Companion

When I play against Doomfist, I just stand on the payload or any box and become immune to him. I think the punch needs vertical aiming.

Yes, and if it was too powerful I guess they could maybe make it at max like 50-60 degrees upward
02/12/2018 10:20 AMPosted by Companion

i feel if the hitbox had an increased height you could just jump and punch to get almost anybody
I think being able to aim it anywhere would be too powerful. Genji can go in any direction because his dash isn't a 2 hit kill. I do agree the hitbox needs to be increased though, when he came out he was kind of the answer the devs wanted to dive. He already counters D.va and Winston, with his bigger RP hitbox he countered Genji and Tracer too because it was much easier to hit. However, apon release everyone hated playing against Doomfist so I think they scrapped the idea of making him a dive counter and just nerfed the RP hitbox and decided to save him for later. That's what I think happened, anyway.

Yeah, but Genji's deflect hitbox and dash hitbox is as big as Doomfist's was when he released. Genji has WAAAAAAYYYYYY more room for error as supposed to nerfed Doomfist, but Blizzard ain't fixing Genji! They can sure nerf Doomfist shortly after release though.
Just reduce wall damage and increase his RP hit box. Let’s get him playable again.
02/12/2018 10:28 AMPosted by BattleStorm
Just reduce wall damage and increase his RP hit box. Let’s get him playable again.

i'd be okay with that
02/12/2018 09:09 AMPosted by CatTNT
It needs to be MUCH bigger, the width / height of the RP hitbox needs to be as large doomfist himself (to compensate for having a tank size hitbox but DPS HP) and you should be able to aim it anywhere (up and down) like you can do with swift strike.
His hitbox is for a tank, but he has DPS HP. So he should at least benefit from that by making his whole body hitbox count for rocket punch's witdth and height. If reinhardt can pin me when I am behind him, genji can deflect through walls, they could at LEAST make rocket punch a reliable offensive weapon because mainly it's used as mobility.

Thoughts?

First of all, were you around when he had his original RP hitbox? It was horrible to play against. It was like an instant rein charge on constant 2 second cooldown.

Second, he does NOT have the hp of a normal DPS. He has 250 and THEN up to 150 on top if he lands his abilities, for an effective total hp of 400. More akin to a tank than a DPS.

The good Doomfists dont use RP on small targets, they only use it on tanks and guaranteed kills. The good Doomfists use the uppercut followed by mid-air shots to reliably take down squishies. I think you are just playing him wrong.
Not only should his hit box be as big as Reinhardt PIN but also should get a reset if he kills you. Only this can offset the rest of the bugs he has like whiff punches, stationary punches, reverse rocket punch, teleport donkey dash punch like a clown wonder wtf just happened punch...
Aiming it vertically, especially down, should be limited, otherwise he'd get free slam damage off the floor. Agree with the rest though. When you look at some of the "pins" Reinhardt gets...
OR reduce his other two cooldowns, maybe via landing LMB hits.
02/12/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Glaive
02/12/2018 09:09 AMPosted by CatTNT

Thoughts?

First of all, were you around when he had his original RP hitbox? It was horrible to play against. It was like an instant rein charge on constant 2 second cooldown.

Second, he does NOT have the hp of a normal DPS. He has 250 and THEN up to 150 on top if he lands his abilities, for an effective total hp of 400. More akin to a tank than a DPS.

The good Doomfists dont use RP on small targets, they only use it on tanks and guaranteed kills. The good Doomfists use the uppercut followed by mid-air shots to reliably take down squishies. I think you are just playing him wrong.

How many hours of Doomfist do you have?
I always found it unfair that Hanzo does not have to hit someone to get a kill, but Doomfist has to be pixel perfect.