Minor Doomfist uppercut nerf

General Discussion
Shouldn't players be able to control their character once their airborne? When Doomfist users his uppercut the affected player have no control over were they;re going.
Asking for doomfist nerfs

Madness
A stun is a good nerf i guess
I have to agree this part of Doomfist's kit seems very ify and weird at times. Although is it needed for a change? Maybe but maybe not at the same time.
you... what?

You really want a major factor of whatever can be considered his "consistency" to be killed?

What a joke.

(I can see reason for movement abilities breaking the inability to move though, its obnoxious to get out of it and then still be unable to move. But at the same time I can see validity to having it disable movement abilities.)
I wonder if DF mains would be willing to trade this for a lower Uppercut CD.
I’d be willing to trade this for being able to hit along the entire animation, instead of just a little spot directly in front of me- allowing me to actually uppercut into people above me.

Otherwise- not really.

That aspect of doomfists kit is entirely to allow him close quarters control.

You still have control of your weapons and what not. You’re basically locked into a mini 1 on 1 duel with him.
He needs to remove control because of the (original) intent of combo moves.

With how bad his hitboxes are now? This would be literally murdering him.
02/13/2018 02:26 PMPosted by SidewaysGts

You still have control of your weapons and what not. You’re basically locked into a mini 1 on 1 duel with him.
A 1v1 where I have no control over my positioning and my opponent has a one hit kill, if he doesn't just shoot me in the head to win right there. Feels like less of a duel and more like he just set me up for an execution.

Edit: To be fair, that is the point of the move, and he is supposed to be a combo hero, even if he isn't usually used that way.
02/13/2018 02:33 PMPosted by Draco
02/13/2018 02:26 PMPosted by SidewaysGts

A 1v1 where I have no control over my positioning and my opponent has a one hit kill, if he doesn't just shoot me in the head to win right there. Feels like less of a duel and more like he just set me up for an execution.

A one hit kill in a game where nearly everyone in the cast he can one hit kill has a direct means to avoid, block, dodge, disrupt, negate, or other wise ruin.

And these are all things they can do reactively to seeing him charge it up in their face before he can wind it up high enough to a lethal level.

The ones who can’t use these things while popped into the air typically have enough fire power to make him think twice about doing -nothing- in their face for awhile while it charges up.

Not to mention this puts two thirds of his kit on cooldown, and basically leaves him with diddly to escape with (a ground level slam ain’t going to get you far) and if you were anywhere near your team he’ll at best trade himself in these situations.

I’ve seen plenty of doomfist complaints since his launch. The power of his uppercut hasn’t really ever been one of them though lol
02/13/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Gamehead
Shouldn't players be able to control their character once their airborne? When Doomfist users his uppercut the affected player have no control over were they;re going.

What effects airborne control is if the user of the ability has airborne control. Which he does not. That's why you can't control yourself after an uppercut and why you can after a concussive mine.
As much as I would love this, he's bad enough as is.
Shouldn't players be able to control their character once in a Reinhardt charge?
Controlling player movement is a must for Doomfist in order to make his combos consistent. This is why seismic slam locks you into place, Rocket Punch pushes you back, and Uppercut prevents you from strafing. It's all so he can follow up with his hand cannon and/or other abilities, he would an even more terrible DPS if he lost more consistency.
Personally I think it's shocking that Doomfist does damage, like I'm just there with full HP and he used his abilities to lower my HP. How is this fair?
He's already a CQC-centric hero; and Uppercut being a stationary attack for BOTH ends makes it even riskier to use. His RP hitbox is broken, his seismic slam is...weird, and his 'rising uppercut' doesn't hit things directly above the fist like it appears to do.
I understand your logic- but when there's a Doomfist comin' at you, your team should be able to burn through him if you're close enough.
If you're not, it's bad positioning or bad luck- one of the two.
Not only that, if you're havin' SO much trouble with the uppercut- play mobility heroes and SHH.
Just because you're frustrated with something doesn't immediately make it overpowered- even if it's unique.
02/13/2018 02:06 PMPosted by iSinner
Madness

Sparta
The one thing on Doomfist's kit that allows for consistent kills and you want to take that away? Really, uppercut used with a couple of shots to the target is the one thing the best Doomfist players use assure kills without wasting every ability, and even then it puts uppercut on cooldown and uses 3 of his shots.
Not to mention you have to be close range to get that, so you might aswell add a Seismic Slam to get there and perform the combo. All that is left for you then is Rocket Punch to escape.

You're basically asking to remove the only playstyle that actually works for him even though it takes a lot of skill to pull off just because it kind of sucks not being able to move for a second...

It would be a major nerf, not minor. If anything he needs a buff, you should be able to hit airborne enemies during the uppercut (such as a Genji double jumping over you) and fix how every time you use it in a closed enviroment it messes your and the enemy's movement.
As a Lucio main I suffer from this more than anyone else.

I cannot tell you how many times I've been uppercut off of the map unable to do anything about it with so many walls to ride away from that I could have easily navigated to.

But all my ability to control my movement in the air is just gone forever. I'm forced to fall helplessly.

It's rather annoying. I'd rather it have a 2 second stun or something that then allows you to be able to control your movement again (that'd be a buff IMO since he could stun characters like Genji into the air)
02/13/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Gamehead

That's kind of the point of the move though... That would be like if you gave people who Lucio or Pharah booped full control over where they go.

Other heroes can already nullify a combo attempt after they're uppercut anyway. Tracer and Genji can still use their mobility abilities. I've actually been charged by Rein after an uppercut(which apparently breaks the physics of the game since he "pins" you, but you both continue to move in the direction that the uppercut sends Reinhardt). McCree can flashbang mid-air and Hog can get off his hook combo and kill Doomfist before he even lands from the uppercut. If anything, I'd suggest that they stun the uppercut victim!