Nerfing mercy causing lack of people wanting to heal.

General Discussion
I am now forced to heal in about 3/4 of my games, there used to be a lot of mercy mains healing but not anymore.

Nobody wants to heal and is causing issues in competitive.
Highly Rated
Thats the issue of catering the game to purely fps players since they preferred dps over support or tank.
Weird, I've seen quite a few Moira's popping up in comp and a few really stubborn Mercy Players. Which is good because I'm not touching healer until the only healer I enjoy playing is fixxed.
Highly Rated
I still heal sometimes.

On Soldier.
What rank are you. I clicked your profile to see if the problem was that you were low rank where people generally rely on a characters current balance state a lot more then they do on their skill but it seems your rank isn’t even showing up. If your below 500 then there are definitely some huge problems happening in your game. Personally I’ve still gotten into arguments with people who want to play mercy and we are both mercy mains
All the ppl who don't want to heal will eventually drop to lower rankings thanks to their petty attitudes. The others who are actually mature enough to heal and or flex will rise accordingly.

Give it about a week or two, an games will seem normal again.
not only that is when someone is asked to be mercy or someone to heal they get toxic...
Thats odd, because I have had at least two healers in almost a every round.

It’s awesome, I’m and I’m really enjoying it;)
It's blizzards fault that mercy players can't adapt and play another healer?
Out of curiosity, what is your solution, OP? Any ideas? Because right now it sounds like you'd rather there just be a broken hero in the game that's overpowered just for the sake of more healers, which is... not good.

If there are less healers now because of Mercy's nerfs, then those players will drop in rank for not being adaptable or skilled enough to keep up. That's their own price to pay. If your team is refusing to play any role, regardless of what it is, you can't realistically be surprised that this leads to losses. The same exact thing would happen if your team refused to play DPS or refused to play tank. The problem isn't anything else but the players.

If you want more healers in your games, learn how to play support yourself. This isn't to you specifically, OP, I don't know your stats, but this is the universal advice. Being varied in what roles you can play will objectively improve your win rate.
02/04/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Heavy
Out of curiosity, what is your solution, OP? Any ideas?

I'm not the OP, but i must say: the solution is obvious. Revert Mercy. She was balanced before her rework. And with the buff to Ana and addition of Moira? We'd have another viable and fun healer, making it so the healer tools is more likely to be filled. Right now, though? There's no reason whatsoever to choose Mercy over the other supports. And that makes it so players are less likely to pick a support hero, as there are less viable supports.
02/04/2018 10:04 PMPosted by Heavy
Out of curiosity, what is your solution, OP? Any ideas?

I'm not the OP, but i must say: the solution is obvious. Revert Mercy. She was balanced before her rework. And with the buff to Ana and addition of Moira? We'd have three viable options for main healer. Right now, though? There's no reason whatsoever to choose Mercy over the other supports.

We are not going to see a rework because Blizzard has identified a lot of inherent problems with a mass-Res ability in the game. Problems that don't cause Mercy to be underpowered or overpowered, but problems that lead to frustrations in the game for everyone involved. It's been said a million times across these forums, but there's too much about the game now balanced around 30 second cooldown Resurrect. A revert just isn't going to happen.

And to suggest that they revert Mercy just so there's more healers in queue is, uh, dumb. People can learn other healers if Mercy is truly that awful, and good players will adapt as needed. This is because the number one skill for being good at Overwatch is adapting. If you don't have someone playing healer on your team, that problem is completely averted by simply being able and willing to play healer yourself.

Trying to get more support players into the queue by going back to busted designs is just grossly artificial. This whole "no healer" problem is only an issue for ranks where support players relied far too heavily on a broken hero. Mercy is still viable, she's still strong. Acting as if these most recent nerfs killed her and made her unusable is a huge oversight of how powerful her moment-to-moment, non-Valkyrie gameplay is. If nerfs to her ultimate truly made Mercy non-viable to people, then those people were bad Mercys.
02/04/2018 10:07 PMPosted by SiROSTRiKE
There's no reason whatsoever to choose Mercy over the other supports.

Except the fact that Mercy is the most reliable healer that doesn't run out of heal spray, doesn't reload and doesn't miss even through barriers? Mercy has good mobility and doesn't care if the team spreads out. Mercy is good at healing, you know.
02/04/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Heavy
And to suggest that they revert Mercy just so there's more healers in queue is, uh, dumb. People can learn other healers if Mercy is truly that awful,
Allow me to humbly disagree and add that from my perspective it is dumb to argue that one shouldn't fix Mercy because there are other healers.

People CAN learn other healers, yes. People SHOUDN'T be forced to, though.

02/04/2018 10:15 PMPosted by Heavy
If you don't have someone playing healer on your team, that problem is completely averted by simply being able and willing to play healer yourself.
Except - what you're willing to do is not a matter of choice. There's a lot I'm "able" to do - like jumping of a bridge - but for obvious reasons I'm not willing do to that, becasue I'm not propperly incentivised. In the end, it's up to blizz to incentivise us propperly.

There are too many games I come across where just plainly 4-5 DPS get intalocked. So riddle me this: Why should I take a reduction of fun for the team, when non of the team is willing to take a reduction of fun for me? When that reduction of fun no longer compensates for the increase of fun of winning?
I never really noticed anything like this until today. In plat, on my alt I picked up Sym and Dva more and I literally have to go back to spawn after like the full minute because no one else will heal. A few games today I even solo healed as mercy which is basically impossible with the patch. Is it just me? lol
Call me crazy, but I still want a Mercy on my team if possible. At least with Mercy you know what you are getting (heals), with Moira, you don't know what you are going to get. Some Moira players just want to attack, or are bad with their orb placements, at least with Mercy I know there will be a constant flow of healing. Just my two cents.
02/04/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Piltmannen
02/04/2018 10:07 PMPosted by SiROSTRiKE
There's no reason whatsoever to choose Mercy over the other supports.

Except the fact that Mercy is the most reliable healer that doesn't run out of heal spray, doesn't reload and doesn't miss even through barriers? Mercy has good mobility and doesn't care if the team spreads out. Mercy is good at healing, you know.

Fine, let me rephrase my statement.

If you know how to use the other supports right, there's no reason to choose Mercy over them. If you are good at other supports besides Mercy, what reason would there ever be to switch to her, since she has no clear advantage over other supports that you can't simply nullify by learning how to fit with other supports? If this game is about adapting, then what's the point of making a character you'll never need or want to play in order to adapt to an enemy comp? Because right now, Mercy AND her Ultimate directly counter nothing (except perhaps Winston's lightning, but she's extremely weak to that herself), unlike all other supports and their ults.

No character soils hold a monopoly on a role, I agree. But, at the same time, no character should be excluded as an out-standing, unique pick for their role either. And right now, Mercy is boring and unnecessary. There's never a reason to prioritize choosing her over other supports.
02/04/2018 09:58 PMPosted by GreenMatius
Thats the issue of catering the game to purely fps players since they preferred dps over support or tank.
That's odd because every other healer has to aim to be most effective.
02/04/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Tester

I really would like that to be the case, so Mercy could get adjustments.

But for me, in my last comp matches, believe it or not, the question posed was not if someone would heal (as a Mercy OTP I'll always lock her), but actually:

"Er, can someone go DPS?"

Yes. After the first picks, we get into a triple support/tank team. Anas have been showing up a lot, and Zens/Lúcios are back in force, not to mention Moiras. Also, tanks are hugely popular, especially DVa and Roadhog.

So far this ends with someone switching to Junkrat or Reaper (he's been proving to be quite deadly with all the tanks around).

Not sure if my experience is skewed for being Mercy (that's one support slot taken), but the others are also very willing to insta-lock tanks besides supports. DPS have been quite rare.

Maybe these matches after the nerf have been an aberration? Didn't see this even at the height of the Mercy meta.
02/04/2018 09:55 PMPosted by Tester
I am not forced to heal in about 3/4 of my games, there used to be a lot of mercy mains healing but not anymore.

Nope I'm a dps main but i enjoy playing moira and zen. And probably gonna get a golden gun for one of them soon.