Genji Tracer, im sick of them

General Discussion
02/06/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Haezurath
Even if you are in GM, both those heros have sub 50% pickrates.

They are the most picked dps heroes in GM what tf are you talking about. Meanwhile the entire defense roster and DF have less that 1% pickrate.
It saddens me that people are complaining about Genji and Tracer now when the triple 3+ tank meta is making a major comeback and both of these heroes will go back to F-tier, insta-tilt, reported for throwing, toxic picks.

We will never find a proper balance. It's either shooting giant red rectangles (or I guess red elliptical shapes) the entire day or trying to chase down miniature hitbox mosquitos and moths buzzing around at 500mph from every known angle. What will make us happy? Will we ever be happy? I honestly have no idea. All I know is I wish the heroes in the game overall were more viable and less of a power gap from one hero to the next.
02/06/2018 02:05 PMPosted by won
Tracer has so many counters nowadays.

Macree flashbang + head
roadhog hook
junkrat trap & mines
hanzo scatter
moira
good zen can destroy you

McCree needs to be in range.
Hog has to get lucky with his hook. Tracer also can just bait his hook.
Hanzo will get !@#$ on in spawn so Tracer will never face one.
Moira is a maybe but from what ive experienced a decent Tracer takes me out too quickly.
Zen....dont make me laugh please. Zen is like her most easy one clip target in the entire game lmao.
It saddens me that people are complaining about Genji and Tracer now when the triple 3+ tank meta is making a major comeback and both of these heroes will go back to F-tier

Triple tank is not making a comeback, its just used very situational, other than that is still very much dive comp with Tracer and Genji being the DPS of choice most of the time, and there is a reason Tracer's pick rate is 70%.
02/06/2018 11:19 AMPosted by DreamGirl
They are basically in every single QP / Comp game.

How these heroes are situational? Why they are available in every single scenario?
Deathmatch, 2CP, payload, hybrid, atk, defence, EVERYWHERE.

Why they are still extremly OP? How many threads ppl have to make about that stupid deflect? How many more you need to even reply?

Why Genji has invisible hitboxes? Why its dmg hitboxes are extremly big as well?
ie. Dash hitbox, dragon balde hitbox.
Its an utter joke, how you are looking at heroes.
Why Genjis kit is soooo heavily overloaded?
These heroes, are only vulnerable when their CD-s are off. When Genji has no dash, and deflect, thats the only time you can kill.
Why Genji is rewarded with free dash, when he doesnt even get the kill? Why widow is not rewarded with an extra graple when she HS-s?

Tracer... Blizz, have you wondered why these heroes are in every single OWL game? Or why they are in every single QP / Comp game? because they are fakin OP. probably thats why.

its just disgusting how certain heroes are unplayable because they are viable in every map every situation, and they are highly picked all the time.

Its a personal oppinion, but i think your balancing team just as bad as Hearthstone's.

If im going to be banned for critisism, then so be it.

genji is in about 1 in 4 owl matches with a 28% pickrate, and doesn't even have a positive winrate in comp until about diamond, , tracer only gets dangerous at high levels of play (3900+ and pro games).
you fall into neither category so why are you witchhunting with no stats or evidence to back your claims.
02/06/2018 04:00 PMPosted by Ranulf
02/06/2018 11:33 AMPosted by Haezurath
Even if you are in GM, both those heros have sub 50% pickrates.

They are the most picked dps heroes in GM what tf are you talking about. Meanwhile the entire defense roster and DF have less that 1% pickrate.

A bit of an exaggeration. Widow and Junkrat are defense and they have.... below 4%...
genji is in about 1 in 4 owl matches with a 28% pickrate

Tracer is 70% how about that.

you fall into neither category so why are you witchhunting with no stats or evidence to back your claims.

Professional players have said Tracer needs a nerf, the forums are filled with post about how Tracer and Genji are OP, Tracer is the most picked DPS in OWL by an insane amount and most of the top players in the ladder main Tracer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQBSySD9n1c
I feel like Tracer seems op because the other heroes aren't in the best state. Now Genji on the other hand..... yikes. The hitbox issues, the kit, etc. He has needed a nerf or rework for quite some time but the devs just don't care it feels like. And I mean in general. I don't even play mercy much but it's clear that her current state is in the toilet. They could focus on balancing the game and fixing things like queue times and comp, but no, OWL is the biggest priority because they want to make more money.
It's almost as if hyper-mobility has something to do with it, plus Tracer's innate sustain and "Oops! Undo my noob mistake!" button.
02/06/2018 04:56 PMPosted by Rivini
It's almost as if hyper-mobility has something to do with it, plus Tracer's innate sustain and "Oops! Undo my noob mistake!" button.

Gasp, almost like they already had the best advantage but the characters that punished them for screwing up had to be nerfed so they could continue being a nuisance.
02/06/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Cosmic
I feel like Tracer seems op because the other heroes aren't in the best state. Now Genji on the other hand..... yikes. The hitbox issues, the kit, etc. He has needed a nerf or rework for quite some time but the devs just don't care it feels like. And I mean in general. I don't even play mercy much but it's clear that her current state is in the toilet. They could focus on balancing the game and fixing things like queue times and comp, but no, OWL is the biggest priority because they want to make more money.

1 hour on Genji...
I feel like Tracer seems op because the other heroes aren't in the best state

That literally makes her overpowered, balance is a relationship between two or more things, and if some heroes are weak and she is strong then she is overpowered. Buffing everyone else is not the answer because characters are linked in one way or another, you could create chaos, the best way to approach the problem is to just nerf Tracer.
One has a do over button and the other gets a 2 second God Mode.

Its a disgrace
At least we should see them too much in CTF, without movement abities they cannot do much.
02/06/2018 04:38 PMPosted by Vendamar
genji is in about 1 in 4 owl matches with a 28% pickrate

Tracer is 70% how about that.

Professional players have said Tracer needs a nerf, the forums are filled with post about how Tracer and Genji are OP, Tracer is the most picked DPS in OWL by an insane amount and most of the top players in the ladder main Tracer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQBSySD9n1c

but why are you begging for a tracer nerf if tracer players literally feed below master and don't get real dangerous until gm.
you haven't played against a single good tracer because you're 2800, and it's not me bming it's stating facts. she doesn't get even a 50% winrate until then.
they are by far the least fun part of overwatch
02/08/2018 10:13 PMPosted by GoatyMcGoat
they are by far the least fun part of overwatch

They are complete fun cancer and thieves of joy.

Your opponent getting a Do Over is exceeded in frustration and rewarding incompetence only by a God Mode button. Tracer has the former, and Genji has the latter
The thing with Tracer and Genji isn't so much that they are overpowered

Its more that the other flanking DPS characters are far weaker and need buffs
(e.g. Doomfist, Sombra, Reaper)

Also because the majority of defense heroes are so weak that they are often classed as either 'troll picks' or that offense characters are better at defending than them is another issue

e.g. Bastion and Torbjorn can barely hold down an objective by themselves half the time and cannot lock down objectives or create extremely dangerous choke points (what defense heroes should be doing)
I got killed by x hero so they are broken. I can't kill x hero so they are broken.
Play both Tracer and Genji for at least an hour and see how easily you die. Both heroes reward putting the time into learning them. The problem with people on these forums is they want a brain dead easy method of countering two of the highest skill ceiling heroes in the game. Aiming is hard i guess. Maybe the Genji and Tracer are just better than you but your ego would be hurt by admitting that so they are just "op".
*sombra smiles at the camera like a mexican telenovela villain*