Why isn't Ana on your radar?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 6 Next
In more intense games, I find the 10-clip to be really stressful on a hero that I'm never 100% sure if I'm hitting my shots or not with. And when I know I miss, I feel more stressed and inclined to get that person healed up, but it takes away 1 ammo from me and I might not be able to move on right away.

Having a bigger clip would be helpful for that I think, and it could also help her keep more consistent heals for a longer period of time. I'd love to play a mix of Ana and Moira instead of just Moira just because I can stress out too much about Ana's clip.
02/10/2018 09:13 AMPosted by ATinyOldLady
02/07/2018 11:12 PMPosted by Uperior
Give Ana a healing passive based on her theme of being a "mother" and "protector" where she heals hp based on the health of the target she is HEALING using only her rifle (Grenade doesn't count) so she isn't better in 1v1 duels BUT can at least heal up chip damage and stay in fights
An AoE heal like Lucio?

No? A passive self heal but unique to Ana.

She heals herself based on healing her teammates. It doesn't make her better in 1v1 duels, BUT helps her survive when needed depending on player skill and team composition
02/10/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Uperior
02/10/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Fragehardt
I feel like it is hard for them to get reliable/steady data with the support meta being so shaken up right now. I do agree that Ana may need a little more, but I feel like Blizz is just waiting for the dust to settle before they go changing any of the supports.

Ana has been sitting at around 45-6% winrate for a YEAR

Even after the Mercy changes she is STILL there after 2 weeks. Nothing has changed. Her pickrate went up since you can play her BUT she's still too weak to really pull her weight in the current balance of the game.

So unless the new hero REALLY makes Tracer/ Genji/ Winston unplayable on most maps Ana isn't going to be getting much better

I know, but it has only been a few days since the last MAJOR mercy nerf. Those numbers (post recent mercy nerf) may not be accurate yet. Again, I think they probably are, but Blizzard isn't going to do anything until they are sure that the Mercy nerf doesn't revive Ana. It sucks, but that's how they are. They are very slow with balancing, as everyone on this forum already knows.
Because, there are several; far less useful heroes right now. One of which is so broken he's almost unplayable due to bugs.
02/10/2018 09:19 AMPosted by KagamineLen
In more intense games, I find the 10-clip to be really stressful on a hero that I'm never 100% sure if I'm hitting my shots or not with. And when I know I miss, I feel more stressed and inclined to get that person healed up, but it takes away 1 ammo from me and I might not be able to move on right away.

Having a bigger clip would be helpful for that I think, and it could also help her keep more consistent heals for a longer period of time. I'd love to play a mix of Ana and Moira instead of just Moira just because I can stress out too much about Ana's clip.

I would adore a 15 sized clip. It would be less stressful, add consistancy, AND punish you less for trying to survive
02/10/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Bearadactyl
Because, there are several; far less useful heroes right now. One of which is so broken he's almost unplayable due to bugs.

Of every character listed to get changed, Ana is right there among them with the lowest winrates.

In GM the ONLY character with a lower winrate than Ana is HANZO
Make Ana great again.
02/10/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Uperior
02/10/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Bearadactyl

Of every character listed to get changed, Ana is right there among them with the lowest winrates.

GM isn't all that matters. Or are we forgetting about heroes like Doomfist, or even Mei? Ana is in a better place than both of them, entirely because she is actually playable and not riddled with bugs.
Ana is pretty niche now. That niche is "anti heal". I'd really like for her to be used more. I think the self heal with shooting allies is a start. But I'd also really like her to get some passive vertical mobility so she could actually snipe. Even if said mobility was really slow and couldn't be used as a viable escape. It would purely be for positioning purposes.
02/10/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Bearadactyl
02/10/2018 09:28 AMPosted by Uperior

GM isn't all that matters. Or are we forgetting about heroes like Doomfist, or even Mei? Ana is in a better place than both of them, entirely because she is actually playable and not riddled with bugs.

Outside of GM her winrate is lower than both Doomfist and Mei (except in Bronze where Doomfist is lower)

The only positive 50% winrate for Ana is in GM

AND they ARE working on Doomfist and Mei. They have confirmed this, yet Ana is STILL ignored for an entire YEAR
she needs a mobility gimmick for survival, maybe something like winston rocket jump, but only for reaching higher ledges. or maybe a barrier based ability like zarya
It's because in comparison to the other healers, Ana requires accuracy to heal. She has to reload, has no self passive heal, and lacks mobility. I don't consider her veil a passive heal because it's not passive and is important to have to heal her team or anti heal opponents during heated fights. She can't heal through shields so she has to be extra aware of positioning which can at times leave her vulnerable to be easily picked off. Her ult also feels a little useless and can be easily shut down.

She could use one of the following; a small self passive heal, a larger clip, or her ult reverted to how it used to be when she was first released.
mercy still way better and easier to play then ana lul

btw make her shots go through barriers
it's literally impossible with barrier spam like orisa
02/10/2018 09:51 AMPosted by LIGHTER99
mercy still way better and easier to play then ana lul

btw make her shots go through barriers
it's literally impossible with barrier spam like orisa

I think it would make her a bit TOO good, especially with the bug fix to Moira

Would mean that Ana could be the only support who could heal super long range past barriers when all she really needs is survivability and consistency buffed
Ana needs a mobility, no other reasonable buff will matter if Ana can't move. It's her biggest weakness by far, and the weakness of all of the bottom tier characters besides sombra, none of them can move at the speed the rest of the game functions at effectively.
If everyone is having this hard of a time trying to figure out what Ana needs or what is the best niche for her to play in, then I think it's about time Ana received a re-work.

Biotic Grenade is powerful but it's about the only part of her kit that is consistent due to Sleep Dart's firing delay and slow speed making hitting targets inconsistent not to mention her healing being blocked by teammates, barriers & reload time also being inconsistent as well.

Biotic Grenade is the only part of Ana's kit that will get some impact 90% of the time, whether it's self-healing, healing Ana's team, or placing anti-heals on the enemy team.

...and even then there's always the chance that your Biotic Grenade ends up exploding against a teammate that was jumping around when you mean to throw it at another teammate/the enemy team.

We can only wait but Ana's consistency & survivability are atrocious.
02/10/2018 10:14 AMPosted by RustyRhames
Ana needs a mobility, no other reasonable buff will matter if Ana can't move. It's her biggest weakness by far, and the weakness of all of the bottom tier characters besides sombra, none of them can move at the speed the rest of the game functions at effectively.

That's not true? Doomfist is bottom tier, Hanzo is bottom tier, and they both have SOME mobility

Zen and Orisa are top tier yet have 0 mobility

It's because she has 0 survivability outside of her 10 second cd grenade. Miss sleep dart? Miss more than 2 shots? You're pretty much dead. PLUS she is the ONLY support who NEEDS another support to heal her back to full. Even Moira's orb heals enough to get her back to 200/200, if you are under 100 health as Ana, you will be missing some
Ana isn't on their radar because Ana is exactly where they want her to be, where they want every support to be - helpless DPS chow.

You'll have to wait until the inevitable Moira nerfs and hope she'll be the next viable support(read: the least crappy one). Because it's always like this. One support will be the least weak and targeted for nerfs, then another support takes their place and that support is nerfed, and so on and so on and so on.

It's Moira's "few months before Blizzard murders you" turn.
02/10/2018 10:31 AMPosted by CatCountry
Ana isn't on their radar because Ana is exactly where they want her to be, where they want every support to be - helpless DPS chow.

You'll have to wait until the inevitable Moira nerfs and hope she'll be the next viable support(read: the least crappy one). Because it's always like this. One support will be the least weak and targeted for nerfs, then another support takes their place and that support is nerfed, and so on and so on and so on.

It's Moira's "few months before Blizzard murders you" turn.

Well I mean they're going to cut Moira down a bit when they fix the bug of her primary heal going through barriers.
Ana definitely needs a way to heal herself outside of her grenade.

She also needs her one of her defining abilities to be more potent. Either her sleepdart getting a small cooldown reduction or her antiheal lasting for 1s longer.