Why isn't Ana on your radar?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6
02/14/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Nameless
Plz look into reworking or buffing Ana, jeff :(

It is very hard to play her with the excess of dive characters, one sleep dart is not enough to stop 3 people jumping on you + Winston and D.Va can also just block everything in Ana's kit.

The only thing she really has going for her I think over other healers is her grenade but you end up having to use your grenade to keep yourself alive most of the time. Plus sometimes when you're trying to throw the grenade at the enemy, it just gets blocked by a teammate...

Her ultimate is weak compared to every other support's and the lack of speed boost means you're mostly required to use it on mobile characters like Soldier and Genji.

Even after the Mercy nerf, people rather would have Moira than an Ana.

Pretty much sums it up

Why bring Ana, when Moira does what she can do but easier

Even back when Mercy and Ana were the only "main" healers, each had a different advantage over the other.

Now with Moira, sure you can't heal as far as Ana, BUT you can heal your entire team within 15 metres for 80 hps

Not even 100% healboost Grenade could do that much
So played Ana on the PTR

Was a total nightmare

If there is ever a Sombra on the enemy team with a Genji/ Tracer there is NOTHING you can do to save yourself.

It feels so bad to feel so useless and helpless. Like you NEVER have time to use your Grenade on anything but yourself; and if you don't hit the Sombra or she hacks you in combat you're dead.

It feels SO frustrating and unfun to the point I might have to take a LONG break from the game until they sort their issues out with balancing problems.

If you're buffing characters who can pray on 0 mobility characters that DON'T have more than 1 way to defend themselves, why would you not buff them too?

Without her abilities, Ana is a sitting duck.
It already takes Ana 4 shots to fight Mei and Doomfist, not counting their shield/ self heal.

Yes, these buffs to Sombra, Mei, and Doomfist were and ARE needed. There is no doubt there, they have been needing changes for ages, but PLEASE do NOT forget about the other struggling characters while you buff up the others.

Ana has a massively higher pickrate over Sombra, yet loses the same number of games? Isn't that an issue, where a HEALING support, loses as much as a currently SUPER niche hero?

Even Doomfist and Mei, while picked WAY less, win MORE games than Ana does :/
Still nothing :c

Should start a counter to the number of days since they have done anything for Ana :P
02/14/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Uperior
So played Ana on the PTR

Was a total nightmare

If there is ever a Sombra on the enemy team with a Genji/ Tracer there is NOTHING you can do to save yourself.

I was thinking about just that. Sombra is already a good counter to ana, after her buff, Ana will be pretty much the worse hero in the game.

To brainstorm some ideas for Ana

-Passive: Once Ana die, she drops a grenade and return to life with 50HP, happens once per life.

-Increase damage and heal by 1% per meter between you and your target up to 30%.

-Increase grenade radius (the grenade effect and cooldown seems pretty solid, but I feel the radius is way too punishing, I often miss what I want to hit, and that cost games).

-Increase nano-boost duration (So a reload don't take like 1/3 of the duration).

-Increase healing from normal shots.
Moira is not that well balanced.
here are some really outlandish buffs if you want something to interesting to read

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762056242?page=1#post-18
Yeah, I’ll be curious to see what they do once Hanzo is live/finalized. It made sense to me that they didn’t start looking at Ana right away (give some time for the Mercy nerfs to settle in), but once the dust clears around the supports, I don’t think they’ll be able to avoid some buffs. She is, thoroughly and utterly, useless in her current state. At least, to anyone other than Ryujehong, and TBH he should probably just play zen. When the best Ana in the world doesn’t even bother with her on Numbani defense, it’s a bad sign.

The silver lining to me is the way that the devs are thinking about Hanzo’s leap, which sounds like it’ll be tied to his regular jump button, but on a cool down.

I’m in the camp of Ana needing a mobility buff, and I think a (vertical) double jump on a cool down is precisely what she needs - I’ve written about it in multiple, other posts. I think she needs the mobility to get to high ground and escape flanks, but having it available to her all the time would be overkill. She should be able to do it once or twice per fight, and then be vulnerable when it’s down... which seems to be the exact same thing they’re looking at with Hanzo. The fact that they’re experimenting with a double jump on a cool down with the OTHER less mobile sniper in the game is an encouraging sign IMO. Hanzo should be able to leap to the side, but Ana should be able to rocket skyward like her daughter, Pharah. Whether or not it’d make Ana viable in EVERY map, like she used to be, it’d at least buy her some time to heal around a Winston dive and get her away from Tracer.
Ana almost needs a rework due to the game revolving around mobility. Look at Moira, she is useful because she has a great mobility move. They are buffing Hanzo by giving him more mobility. Zen doesn't need to be that mobile because he can blow you up at close range. Ana needs mobility to get away from dive instead of praying to land one of the hardest to hit moves in the game.
02/14/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Uperior
So played Ana on the PTR

Was a total nightmare

It feels so bad to feel so useless and helpless. Like you NEVER have time to use your Grenade on anything but yourself; and if you don't hit the Sombra or she hacks you in combat you're dead.

It feels SO frustrating and unfun to the point I might have to take a LONG break from the game until they sort their issues out with balancing problems.

If you're buffing characters who can pray on 0 mobility characters that DON'T have more than 1 way to defend themselves, why would you not buff them too?

Without her abilities, Ana is a sitting duck.
It already takes Ana 4 shots to fight Mei and Doomfist, not counting their shield/ self heal.

Yes, these buffs to Sombra, Mei, and Doomfist were and ARE needed. There is no doubt there, they have been needing changes for ages, but PLEASE do NOT forget about the other struggling characters while you buff up the others.

Ana has a massively higher pickrate over Sombra, yet loses the same number of games? Isn't that an issue, where a HEALING support, loses as much as a currently SUPER niche hero?

Even Doomfist and Mei, while picked WAY less, win MORE games than Ana does :/
That's the part of these Sombra buffs that I'm a bit worried about.

While I do play a good amount of Sombra, Ana is still my most played hero (Console player here). With these Sombra changes, I'm pretty sure Sombra is going to get her Hack off almost 100% of the time due to slower turning speeds on Console.

If there's anything that I want at this point, it's for Ana to be a viable & consistent pick on Console (and PC by default).

In my opinion, Ana's strengths do NOT warrant you picking her over any of the other healers due to her terrible self-sustain, consistency and how map design works against her.

It says something when in Grandmasters (Console), Symmetra has the same Pick-Rate as Ana but Ana has a MUCH lower Win-Rate.

Symmetra (Pick Rate: 1.15% / Win Rate: 62.70%)
Ana (Pick Rate: 1.15% / Win Rate: 49.27%)

Not only that, but Ana's Win-Rate fluctuates WILDLY depending on the day and hasn't stabilized in the slightest, going from 35% to over 64% depending on how many people are playing her. The more people play her, the lower her Win-Rate, the less they do, the higher it gets.

As it stands, a lot of players don't find Ana's reward worth the risk to their SR at this point and playing her in Quick Play will only make you hate the game even more due to how hard it is to get value out from her.

A lot of people might disagree with what should happen to Ana, or what should happen with her, but one thing has remained constant.

...SOMETHING needs to change about Ana.
Nice to see more people agreeing that they really need to look at Ana!

They STILL desperately need to add some from of healing passive at this point; To say "oh but her grenade is enough" is a bit of a joke at this point when Mercy heals after 1 second, Lucio is always healing as long as he's on his healing aura, Zen regains shields after 3, and Moira has her healing orb AND life steal.

Ana is STILL the only support who has to be greedy with her abilities AND greedy to the other supports. Not being able to heal up outside of the fight is VERY annoying as a Zen or Moira player who would rather be helping far away targets, or using my resource for important burst.

I'd like that to be the first big change; then either mobility OR consistency. She's still the only support who is actively PUNISHED for trying to defend themselves since both self defense AND healing come from the same small ammo pool

Though the thing with adding mobility too; IF they add a form of healing passive they would have to wait and see if that helped her issues BEFORE anything else. I want Ana to be a viable pick, not keep up this 2 viable supports, while the others suffer thing that has been going on for almost 2 years
It seems my crusade to give Ana love is reaching further!

People finally are taking notice that she needs help

Hopefully when we move ship to the new forums we can keep this up and get some love for our dear old mother <3
All Ana really needs is some form of self-healing (I love the idea of her passively getting a percentage of what she heals others with her rifle for) and a much larger clip.

The other healers have self-healing or recharging shields, and other than Moira none of them need to reload or rely on resources in order to heal. It works for Moira though, because her heal is strong and part of her kit is to drain life to give life.

As others have said, self-healing through her rifle and a much larger ammo clip aren't going to make her any more powerful, and aren't going to make her any better at 1v1 but would go a very long way to improving QoL for players.
i agree with every single word in this thread, thank you for making it
Ana can be really effective, it just takes a lot of skill and practice. Some small tweaks and she can easily become overpowered.
Ana just isn't going to be good in dive. She's a hero optimized at burst healing slow-moving tanks, not healing a bunch of mobile characters. If they buffed her to make her good in dive, she'd be absolutely broken everywhere else.

I'd wait to see what the Sombra changes do. If she becomes a better Tracer/Genji killer, we may see dive turn into a different meta (hopefully anyway). If tank style play comes back, then we'll see Ana make a comeback. She's not a bad character, she's just operating in a meta that doesn't favor her.
My idea for buffs she needs, several or one of these things...
1. Passive self healing (for self sustain)
2. Mobility ability
3. Revert back to 80 damage (if no mobility/self sustain is given)
4. Decrease reload speed
5. Slight Nano boost speed increase
6. Lower cooldown time on sleep dart
7. Sleepdart damage increase
8. Increased clip size
9. Gain a small boost herself when she nanos someone so she can actually benefit from it (instead of relying on some incompetent teammates)
BONUS: Allow her to Nano Boost herself in FFA (she’s the ONLY character in the game who can’t use Ult)